All member reviews for Interview with the Vampire

Entertaining but gruesomely gory vampire tale.

Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2013

AMAZING! :)

I love this movie! If you watch it, you'll see many aspects that Twilight has stolen and gotten credit for, yet this is SO MUCH BETTER. I can honestly say I don't agree with CSM's review AT ALL. Coming from the kid who is a scary movie phony (love the plots, but doesnt watch the gorey parts), I didnt even wince. The book is terrific as well. There is some explicit nudity, but if your nervous about it, make your kids look away. This movie deserves much more credit than it recieves.
Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2011

great movie for mature kids

i watched this movie when i was about 5 and i loved it cause i dont get scared easy but other kids i think this would be a little to intense
Teen, 14 years old Written byaidenconvict April 9, 2008

Very Interesting!!!

Interview with the Vampire, based on the proclaimed novel by Anne Rice, is NOT appropriate for most kids. For mature teenagers at least over 14. There are two scenes with completely nude women. Nothing is covered up, but they are not doing anything. There are a few mildly scary scenes, such as the slashing of a throat, which is bloody. There are also a few slashings of bodies. It can also be depressing,as it is very sad. But it is a worthwile movie to watch if you love vampires!
Parent Written byPlague January 15, 2010

Interview with the Vampire

Great vampire movie. One of Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt's best movies of all time. Very bloody, but thats what you want from a quality vampire film. Just remember kiddys, this ain't no sissy Twilight movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBabybat August 11, 2011

Great

I loved it i strongly recomend the book series to anyone(NOT for air-head twitlight fans) the way anne rice writes is so descriptive and sensuous she makes you feel and relate to the characters
Adult Written byZoe_Washburn April 9, 2008

Anne Rice is a genius

Though it has Tom Cruise and nudity, this movie isn't that horrific. It is far from being as good as the book, but is still interesting. I was surprised to see sex was shown as an issue since though sensual, the point is made clear, vampires don't have sex...blood is more to their fancy. Marvelous. It should only be shown to kids mature enough to handle, and most likely limited to those familiar with the book.
Kid, 8 years old August 27, 2013

love it

i saw this when i was 9 i love this movie also my 4 year brother saw this
Teen, 14 years old Written byU2Fan15 July 2, 2011

Good For All Ages

great movie! i saw this when I was 9! only a few full frontal views of women. Nothing they won't see in the locker room at the gym.
Adult Written byEvanReviews August 15, 2009

Perfect Movie for an Older Audience

Very suspenseful horror movie/drama. There is LOTS of full nudity of females in the movie as well as gore and violence. 4.5 :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byMyMyRa96 June 5, 2014

Not as good as the book

I was a little frustrated with this movie--it did a fine job with vaguely touching on most major events in the novel, but i thought it could have been better. They changed a few minor things also, like instead of Loius suffering over the death of his brother, it was his wife and child in the movie, Claudia was much older, etc. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the book, but I guess that overall it was an okay movie. There was one fairly disturbing nude scene (the woman in the play) but other than that it was mostly just vampire gore. All i can really say about it was that it was okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnimeGirl-Nikki May 8, 2011

Now THESE are vampires - no Twilight romance here. For Teens+

In 'Interview with the Vampire', centuries-old vampire Louis (pronounced Louie) runs into a reporter around the mid 90s (when the film was made) proves to him that he's a vampire and then tells the story of his life, from his vampire birth up till the present. The movie is in a flashback-type form- it cuts between Louis telling his story and the events in the story happening. As for violence and sex, I can honestly tell you that what's in here is equivalent to a TV-14 show like Supernatural (the only thing that might be troublesome is the fact that there's frontal female nudity in one scene). As for the themes of life and death, it's best suited for teens and up because they're pretty mature themes. It is a very wonderful movie though, and it draws you in from the moments Louis starts his story.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byr3ader March 1, 2011

Read instead

This movie is just a waste of time. When I finished watching Interview I was frustrated that I had just wasted 2 hours I could have spent reading. Read the book instead if you must. It is engaging, though dark and depressing. Better yet, read The Book Thief. Read The Host by Stephenie Meyer. If you must watch a movie, watch The King's Speech. All of these are a better way to spend your time than watching the Interview movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written by19bratz96m July 20, 2010

Louis is probably the best role model in the movie. he tries to fight the urge to kill humans. It is a little violent but really it's not all that bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymissanniebaby July 2, 2010

Adult Written bylisa05 June 16, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byink January 22, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written bytweety23 December 11, 2009

I love this movie cause i love vampire's movies, but i think that this movie has a lot of blood!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byThorndrop October 29, 2009

Kid, 10 years old August 2, 2009

Iffy for 9 and under

Lots and lots of nudity, saw it when i was 9, iffy.