All member reviews for Invictus

Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2010

Encouraging Movie

I really liked this movie because, it showed how the players went into the poor neighborhood and taught the poor children of Africa how to play rugby. After people seeing the rugby team help the poor, and become connected with one another. That was the beginning of unity in Africa no matter whether they were white or African.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 12, 2011

Strong language, unnecessary.

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some strong language. At least 2 f**ks, and other strong language such as p*s*y, sh**, b***h, g*dd*mn
Teen, 13 years old Written byanhjimmy16 February 17, 2011

Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 December 31, 2009

Great, inspiring movie with amazing performances

Its as if it was written somewhere that Freeman would play Mandela, because his performance is very right-on. It's unlike most movies I've seen...it's familiar, and underdog tale, but also a very original biopic that should be seen by the mature, who can understand Mandela's actions: he knew the Rugby World Cup would bring all races together, even though it seems there was a large seperation.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovemaroon5 December 5, 2013

One of the Best Movies of All Time

This is overall one of the most outstanding movies I have seen in my life. It has an amazing cast of actors. It sends an amazing message. The springbok rugby team doesn't give up, they get motivated and didn't stop till they earned what they deserved. all of the charaters in the movie are show persercerence. The best role of all was Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela. He did an overall immensely great job. And may Nelson Mandela rest in peace.
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2012

Clean, but boring.

This movie is not the best movie I've ever seen, but it's pretty clean. The language sex and violence isn't that bad considering the fact that this movie is rated PG-13. There is some cursing such as a couple of "s--ts " and one barely noticeable "f--k". The violence is pretty rough but farely mild for a rugby game. They limit the sexual material in this movie down to a couple of kisses. My MPAA rating is PG for language, innuendo, and a brief scene of violence. I personally thaught that the acting in this movie wasn't the greatest, really the only good actors where Matt Damon, and Morgan Freeman. If you have a kid younger than 12, they won't be that interested in this movie. Thanks for reading my review on Invictus, I hope you enjoyed it:)
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 September 10, 2011

Great movie!

My rating: PG-13 for some strong language and rough sports-related violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya July 12, 2011

great

2 f--ks, the film's good but too long.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKnowler April 19, 2011

Forgive your enemies & they'll forgive you.

Nelson Mandela forgived the whites even when they tore his family apart by jailing him for almost 30 years. I never thought rugby which is only a sport can bring a nation together. Nelson Mandela believed the Springboks can win it eventhough most of the blacks considered the Springboks as failures. In the end, his trust settles the conflict between the whites & the blacks when the Springboks won the final round against New Zealand, whose team always win including a 147-point match defeated Japan. maybe leaders of other countries as well as the people should take note of this. With kindness & forgiveness, the past will be defeated & stay silent for good. Though don't forget about the past completely as what I'm reviewing is also in the past.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTacoBall March 6, 2011

True story with inspiring themes

This movie had great acting by Morgan Freeman as Mandela, and such wonderful themes of forgiveness and love and acceptance. The rugby is fairly exciting to watch, even if you are not a big sports fan (like me) and do not understand in the least how it works, and the scene where the rugby players teach the African children to play is heartwarming. Overall a good movie for tweens and up; the only concern is some unnecessary bad language (but nothing too inappropriate) and PG-level kissing, etc.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

great movie

awesome movie about nelson mandella
Teen, 13 years old Written byiBanih January 9, 2011

Great for kids

Great movie, just some bad language.
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2010

good

good acting
Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 8, 2010

Inspiring

Though I do not understand rugby at all and have no clue what it is, this movie taught me more about rugby.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldude1234 November 26, 2010

good but may bore young kids

This is a good movie but the only reason its rated pg13 is that there is 3 f**** so there isn't tomuch bad stuff in it but it most likely won't interest young kids so just wait to watch it
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2010

Suprisingly plesent

I'm starting to really like dramas. My mom and dad and me were trying to find a movie to watch and we came across "Invictus". I,being my usual self, judged this movie by its cover and thought it was going to be a piece of crap. After the first ten minutes I was all ears. There was a little bit of violence, a little bit of sexual stuff, some language and thats it. I really recomend this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byearthgurl July 4, 2010

Good movie with great acting!

A lot of language, but still a worth-seeing movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 June 30, 2010

Uplifting true tale will inspire and entertain a wide variety of viewers

Invictus tells the inspiring true story of anti-apartheid activist Nelson Mandela who brought his nation together through his favorite sport: rugby. He knew it was a long shot, but he said to the public what was on his mind, and eventually inspired his nation to do the right thing: come together as one. Now moviegoers can be inspired as well, thanks to incredibly reliable performances from Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon (who plays the leader of the South African rugby team). While Invitus has its fair share of problems (slow pacing, overlong runtime) but overall, it's an excellent potrayal of friendship, trust, and togetherness. I'd also recommend it more than The Blind Side, a comparable title. All in all, Invitus is worthy of your time, and age-appropriate for teens too. If your looking for an above decent family movie (be aware of a lone f-word), go for it. B
Teen, 15 years old Written byjessica.horsecrazy June 27, 2010

Really cool for a drama

'Invictus' is a really cool movie. It's a drama with a bit of comedy and sporty action. The characters all are good role-models, overcoming their weaknesses and problems for the better of South Africa. I have no problem with the affection displayed between Francois and his wife, or the 'voilence' in the rugby. The swearing, however, though it is not a massive issue, is not appropriate for younger viewrs. Overall, a good movie, well-acted and funny as well as serious.