All member reviews for Iron Man 2

Downey whips out the big guns, sexy banter in fun sequel.

Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2012

IRON MAN 2

Great action-packed sequel, but first is slightly better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 July 20, 2012

Even better than the first one.

It was amazing
Teen, 13 years old Written bySecretMeVladimir July 16, 2012

Iron Man 2 is so cool

I love Robert Downey Jr! And in this movie, he's awesome!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bydbowker3d July 10, 2012

A flawed hero learns to work with others (a little)

Mini-Review from an adults perspective: Strictly speaking the movie is the weakest of the recent Marvel movies, and not nearly as good as Iron Man 1. For what it is, it's well done, but it suffers from one too many plot lines, which bogs down the pacing and ends up being drawn out too long. My son felt the same way actually, without me even projecting my opinion about it. Parental Review: Both Iron Man movies tell a story part cartoon, part parable of a self-centered playboy who learns to care about the world rather than see it as his big playground. The violence in the first is much more realistic and potentially scary, though our son was OK with it. A lot of it is context, and what is implied is much more scary from an adult's perspective (knowing what the world is really like and what is happening off-screen). But I have found what my son doesn't see he generally doesn't have the context to fill it in, which makes the impact less violent or scary for him. It might actually be more intense for a 10-12 year old than a 6 year old in some ways. Anyway, both Iron Man movies have been great for conversation with our very mature six year old. Frequent pauses in the first halves of both movies helped explain the bad behavior being displayed and how Tony Stark might learn from it later, but that's a good thing IMO. It's more interesting for all of us to explore what it means to be self-centered but learn and grow from that then having an obvious or one-dimensional hero. Sexual inuendo goes right over his head so we leave that for a later age. When Tony brings home the reporter in the beginning of the first movie we just left it at "It was a sleepover" and that worked for him. All the recent Marvel movies have had heroes that are fallible or conflicted in some way, and it makes for good converstions during or after. Though Capt. America has the most true-blue hero (no pun intended) it still has plenty to explore with the character's motivations and bravery well before he's a super hero. One more language detail for Iron Man 2: though it's said with a heavy Russian accent, at one point Vanko declares to Justin Hammer: "This software is sh**." It comes out as "Thees softwaya ees sheet." but it's worth knowing before hand. Apparently even the official Common Sense reviewers didn't notice so maybe most others don't either. As we don't ever swear around our son, I've found the infrequent but notable swearing in the Marvel movies seem to completely get ignored by him. I assume if he doesn't know what the word is he just takes the tone of the sentence for what it is, and doesn't bother even asking what he just heard.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmFanJ June 8, 2012

Iron Man 2 Review

Teen, 14 years old Written bydoodlepad6 June 7, 2012

Know what your children can handle

It honestly makes me sad to read reviews of parents "giving in" to letting their 5 year old kids watch this. First of all it is rated pg-13. In my opinion it's rated that for a reason! I don't think it's okay to let kids under 10 or so watch movies like this. It's up to the parents to decide what kids can handle but it's completely ridiculous to let children 5 years old see this kind of movie when they shouldn't even know every curse word or have seen people getting murdered on tv ( and very realistically at that ) yet. This is a good movie, although not as good as the first one. I know I'm only a teenager but parents, even I know not to let kindergarten children watch this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr. Tights June 5, 2012

Not that amazing but not terrible

If I was to rate this movie it would be: PG-13 Sequences of intense violence and action, suggestive humor and some language
Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2012

Amazing Movie! Some Inappropriate Scenes!

Iron Man 2 is a great follow up to the first film! Some scenes feature women dance in bikinis or passionate kissing but other than that - the movie is great!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 27, 2012

much better this time round

this film is very awesome. its much better than the first, which lacked almost half the action than this one. violence is very intense and sometimes scary. weapons range from lasers, missiles, electric ropes, various guns, bombs, and lots of destruction. the ending scene is highly intense and pushes the envelope alot.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 11, 2012

Overhyped

Too much hype for such a weak movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 3, 2012

Iron Man 2

Innuendo and language is minimal. Very violent. Probably frightening to younger audiences. Overall a good movie, but more for the teenage range
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 January 28, 2012

Not as fun as the original, but still has some good action and laughs!

Not as good as the original, not as fun as the original, but it is still watchable, entertaining and has some good action, the action is not as present, only 23 minutes of Iron Man action, but it still has some of the charm from the first one that will keep you entertained
Adult Written byjohnnydepp November 2, 2011

stench

it's time to wake up, mr stench
Adult Written bybdh July 24, 2011

not as good as 1st

good
Kid, 9 years old July 16, 2011

Iron Man 2 rocks!

I saw the movie with a couple of friends and and their moms.The movie was violent in alot of diffrent ways with blowing stuff up like cars and windows throwing people around alot.Showing off guns as mentioned as a weapon.The movie was an awesome movie like one of the best of 2010!But violence wasn't the only problem.Somewhat alot of swearing was going on just not enough to leave.They said a** a few times but they mentioned The name of God in like 'Oh God'.They said s*** b*** h*** also I counted 14 swear words but there maybe more I am just not completly sure.Tony ( Iron Man) drank beer and wine and at one point I think he was drunk.Ladies didn't dress appropriate for a conversation but really you couldn't say it was too bad like all you saw was their bellies and backs.But it wasn't all innapropriate they had positive messages just to have fun.Violence and swearing was basically the only problem to it. Sci-fi horror too.All I got to say is it's an awesome and amazing movie and it's worth watching.
Teen, 14 years old Written byelijah.t July 3, 2011

Better than the first one

It is very violent but a great movie. It has some sexual content but it isn't anything higher than PG-13.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2011

awesomness

there are a couple of inappropriate scenes but over all not that inappropriate
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2011

fun

Good sequal just doesn't beat 1st
Teen, 15 years old Written byroguegibbar June 3, 2011

Fine for younger kids too

Its typical Iron Man. Doesn't have anything really bad. I mean, the majority of the sensuality in the movie is stuff that's thrown into commercials all the time. The violence is fine for the rating. Might even be fine for PG.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bybriggsgamer April 23, 2011

Great teen boy movie - things blowing up, light on storyline

Both boys loved it, we purchased DVD when it came out. Heavy on action, light on story. Some of the details of the story got lost on the kids but they loved the action.