All member reviews for Iron Man 3

Teen, 14 years old Written bywestonyoung May 3, 2013

Disturbing, again I will say, disturbing

I'll be honest. It wasn't good. As I walked in the theater, I was so pumped for the Friday night premiere. But, I will say, almost the whole movie was just REALLY DISTURBING. Language wasn't as bad this time, but still a problem. But the violence was ridiculous. Most of it wasn't even exciting violence, it was just grossly unsettling violence that very few kids would like. The scenes with the Mandarin (that's the bad guy) were horrible. With scary flashing images, and of course, the live murders. In one scene, he just kills someone and has it broadcasted across the country. It was extremely disturbing. I think Common Sense made this sound much less gruesome than it really was. The violence was WAY WORSE than Common Sense claimed. In fact, there's several scenes involving people being killed for no reason. As Common Sense said, even Tony Stark himself kills random security guards in an almost glamorous way, as if it's cool or fun. And, of course there's the creepy demon-looking people the Mandarin uses that appear frequently throughout the movie. It's as if the producers of this film wanted the audience to feel creeped out the entire time. And there's lots of scary scenes involving fire. Of course, there were some heroic scenes, and those were great, but the stuff in between was horrible. And, it didn't teach me any sort of lesson, no positive role models except maybe Colonel Rhodes. I'd skip it. Don't take young kids. It wasn't good. I didn't like it and you probably won't either.
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2013

My New 3nd Favorite Suprehero Movie

The Avengers is #1. Green Lantern is #2. Like the others, there's plenty of action, and some swearing. There's less predictabality, some surprises, and some funny lines from Tony Stark. I have a feeling this will be a box office smash. UPDATE: Now it is a box office smash. And I'm tired of the overprotective parents. There are many PG 13 movies that are just as bad as this. I thought I Am Legend was a little disturbing, but this was NOT DISTURBING AT ALL! But it might be for kids under 9 or 10.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypatilly100 May 3, 2013

Let-down from Common Sense Media

I come to Common Sense Media just about everytime I want to watch a movie. My family's number one rule is: 'If it has 'Gd' in it, then we don't watch it.' So since Iron Man 3 came out, we were all excited to see it and so we looked at Common Sense Media. Not ONCE did it say that 'Gd' was in the movie. That said, we were VERY shocked and VERY disappointed that it was, in fact, in the movie. We are all also very disappointed that Common Sense Media did NOT state ONCE that the movie contained such a curse word. I think this site has lost some of our trust, but hey, in this world, you can hardly trust anyone. Besides that, if you don't want your kids to be influenced by another kid using curse words, there is a scene where a 10-ish year old boy uses h***.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarvelNerd14 July 28, 2013

Good movie

I've seen all Iron Man movies, and I'm one of the few who think it was the best one. Tony Stark was just, overall, a better person. I was very shocked at the amount of violence and language. The language was not as bad as some movies, but it was worse than any Marvel movie that I've seen. It's just unnecessary. As for the violence, well, it's pretty much non-stop. The whole thing is an in-your-face movie. People are constantly getting shot, bombed, thrown out of aircraft, things like that. And a lot of the shootings occur on-screen, and although it's bloodless, it's still pretty graphic. The Mandarin is a disturbing character, as he murders people on live broadcasts on every TV in the world. The people affected by Extremis have a disturbing, almost zombie-like appearance, something that could give a younger kid nightmares for days. I would definitely not recommend anyone under 13 seeing this. My parents haven't seen any of the Marvel movies, and let me tell you, if they'd have seen this first, it would have been a solid no for me to go see it. But, if you like violent action movies, I'm sure you'd like Iron Man 3.
Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2013

Iron Man 3: A Movie Mix of good and bad

Note: Parents of kids younger then 13 DON"T let them see this movie. There is a great moral to this movie, far less playboy activity then the last one. This movie is way darker then the last two. It is way two intense for young kids. Wait for it on DVD and buy it. The two worse parts in it are: In the trailers their is a trailer for the upcoming R-rated horror movie called The Purge that was terrible. Also Tony Stark said to a twelve-year-old to stop acting like a little p*ssy over his father leaving him.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNapoleon15 August 9, 2013

A rotten mess

Rarely have I seen such a grotesque and hideous film as Iron Man 3. The Avengers set a high bar for the Marvel franchise, it was an outstanding success became the third highest grossing film in cinema history. I am aware that the Marvel films are not to be taken seriously, these are supposed to be fun guy flicks with lots of action and witty one liners. That does not mean however, that every female character is either barely clad, about to have sex, or just had sex. The objectification of woman in this film is extraordinary. What’s more they have no brains. Those that have lines are all damsels in distress. Second, the violence. One gets the feeling that Director and screenwriter Shane Black wanted to bring the franchise to the level of Christopher Nolan’s Batman Trilogy. Shane therefore injects all sorts of violence towards innocent people, including a bombing in a city area, incredibly disrespectful due to the recent Boston incident. None of these events achieve the realism of Nolan’s dark villains, and just makes the film quiet idiotic. A total let down and a stain on the Avengers franchise.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa July 29, 2013

Not about the violence

I went in with high hopes - Robert Downey Jr. is Robert Downey Jr., and he's just such a good actor. Unfortunately, even his comedy couldn't make up for movie. The villain and all of his henchmen seemed like an incredibly far-out bad guy army (regenerative, demonic, fire-spewing cyborgs that get killed in random ways that are never explained). That was the worst for me, but the whole plot seemed a little weak to me...and WHY, pray tell, did he **SPOILER ALERT** blow up all of his suits? I understand the reasoning behind it, but really? The fact that the villains can regenerate suggests that they might not all have been dead, and simple common sense should check that out before you go and blow up your only weapon. Also, he's not Iron Man anymore. He's Tony Stark, and I was disappointing also with the lack of selflessness he was supposedly to have gained during the Avengers. Tony still acted like a real jerk to everyone around him. And Iron Man is supposed to be so fantastic - so he needs an armada of suits behind him to rescue Pepper Potts, while Don Cheadle (Colonel Rhodes) carried away the day by rescuing the President in jeans and a polo shirt, armed with only a handgun. I felt like Tony was really weak. The acting was good, though, for the most part. It was a very violent movie for Marvel, and I was surprised at the amount of dead bodies, not to mention the method in which many people were killed (bombings, burnings, electrocution, point blank range, etc.) No kid needs to see a woman strung on an electrical wire, or someone blow someone else's head of with a gun. Do. Not. Bring. Your. Children. I noticed people have been saying it is not violent at all, and that kids five can watch it. While you know what's best for your children, its not just the violence - the bad guys are terrifying. Their eyes frequently glow red, they blow fire, they blow up and then piece themselves back together. It's a demonic phenomena that I would not recommend letting children watch if you value your night's sleep. I think children should be allowed to keep their innocence a little longer than five, and even if they don't understand what's going on in the movie, there's no reason that they need to see an image of The Mandarin shooting someone in the head. Isn't the real world violent enough? The movie is a popcorn flick that I would watch again but wish I hadn't spent my money on.
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2013

PLEASE READ!!! MUST KNOW FOR YOUNGER KIDS!!!

i have seen this movie twice and I enjoyed it much. My favorite super hero is Batman so i never knew what all of the other super heroes were like. I have no experience at all with Iron Man. I thought that the movie wasn't just about well Iron Man. Aldrige Killian (Guy Pearce) has made an ejection gone bad when he accidentally makes demons and starts going on a killing spree. They're are a few scenes of mildly scary parts for younger kids in this movie. In one part of the movie a guy who was supposedly captured gets shot in the head apparently over all televisions in the world. It tells about many bombs and shootings all over the world. There are a few words like (d*ck,ass,goddamn,p*ssy,) If i were an adult with kids i would take them when they are ten ore maybe older depending on your own style and opinions. Thank you very much for taking your time to read my review.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGirl Code May 4, 2013

Awesome, BUT one problem...

BTW, the movie was the best! But seriously dude, i think a 9 year old can handle a little shooting, flirting, and explosions! That's what kids like right? (I'm a kid and i agree) Anyways one issue was the "TERRORISM" because this is no thing to just put out there because you don't know who's watching and who is getting ideas. Am i right? Those people are copy cats and they are capable of things shown in the movie. But anyways the movie is suitable for 9 and up (and maybe below).
Teen, 15 years old Written byStemma21 May 3, 2013

This is not IRON MAN

You could tell they changed directors. It was dark and violent and just a dissapointment.There were very mature suggestive themes and drug references. This is not a kids movie. Teens only. It's not good either. Thumbs down.
Teen, 13 years old Written byabmoviewatcher February 21, 2015

Okay...

Pretty good. Parents should watch first for children eleven and under. There is some violence and swearing. A couple of sexual references but not bad. I am not a big iron man fan but if you are then you'll probably like it.
Kid, 9 years old December 21, 2014

just about saving his girl friend

great role models and messages nothing else's no violence nothing
Kid, 8 years old November 16, 2014

this is something like my third favorite

The villain, the Mandarian, was not like in the comics. In comics he had 10 rings of power and in this movie all he has is a camera and a green screen. Now this movie has some iffy scenes like what if my child has nightmares about a guy who is acting out some inappropriate things so I would say you should be older to watch this. The other fear is if your kid is too scared from a bunch of guys trying to burn Tony to the bone with their super powers!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 14, 2014

Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2014

vilens

I liked it, but if you have kids that get scared easily then it is not the best movie. It is definitely more scary then the other ones, but if you or your kids have watched the other two then it might be okay.
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2014

Truly mediocre superhero flick

Violence- 3 (Action violence, a man is killed at gunpoint)
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2014

This movie is okay

This movie has less violence than the first 2 but still has a bunch.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 25, 2014

Slightly darker then the first two threequel has a premised surprising message

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action,scary images,sexual references and gunplay throughout
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 22, 2014

Iron Man 3 movie review

Many Iron Man fans think this movie was garbage. The main reason they say that is because of a twist that they didn't like. For me, I didn't give a crap about that twist. I thought it was fine and I didn't mind it. Yes, it was kind of absurd, but the movie still worked. "Iron Man 3" portrays Tony Stark's challenges very well. He has insomnia after the events of "The Avengers". "Iron Man 3" did have some flaws. Some of the characters were underdeveloped and the plot dragged at certain points. Some of these mistakes are major problems. I still really liked the movie. I liked it way more than "Iron Man 2", but I didn't like it as much as the first "Iron Man" movie. "Iron Man 3" still had a strong plot and great acting. Is "Iron Man 3" a perfect movie? Far from it. This movie is still a very fun movie to watch like "The Avenger"s. I recommend checking out "Iron Man 3" despite some of its big flaws.
Kid, 11 years old August 25, 2014

Don't bother.

completely ridiculous and stupid. People are seen dying in almost every way possible. Some blood. Even a joke with blood. Tony Stark does stupid things like give the bad guy his address. It's making me upset just writing this. Nothing positive about this movie. Does not deserve the title of Iron Man 3.