Stephen King pits kids vs. killer clown from hell.

Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2011
That Clown still creeps the heck out of Me.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydamoviecritic April 9, 2008

Proof that the truest horror comes from the imagination

This was a very good miniseris overall. I saw it when I was 9 years old, and I remember being terrified. It is certainly not as good as the book, but when it comes to Stephen King adaptations, this one is one of the better (if not more watered down) ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhorrorfan January 29, 2009

LOVED this movie!

I absolutely loved this movie. But it can be EXTREMELY scary. Exspecially if you are scared of clowns to start with. (Like me) I would recomend this to any horror fan 12 and up or 10 if your brave. I thought the ending was really stupid, but other than that the movie is very scary.
Adult Written bycrip kracker September 25, 2011

not bad

IT is not rated its a good movie teaches about how important friendship and working together can be when in a bad situation the blood in t is where theres ballons poping with blood cup of blood and blood in sink and a kid getting his hand bit off BUT DOES NOT SHOW IT most of the time the blood is not violent.its not scary if u watch it on a computer when the lights are on but tv can be scary theres making out there are MILD sexual sceans but never get in to it the language is the words basterd,and the N word used by a WHITE person twice there is drinking and smoking refrences if i was the rater for this movie i would give it a (PG-13) rating
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude68683 November 5, 2013

What I think

I think this movie is hilarious and it's because of tim curry if you ever want to see a movie where you can laugh watch this
Parent of a 17 year old Written bydtsa78cfgs9rovw September 7, 2011

scary

this is a freakin scary movie "it" is why i hate clowns and this is coming from an adult whos seen the shining, the mist, dog soldiers, candyman, and way more horrorific titles. I think that this is a great suspense/thriller movie for preteens. however there is one bloody scene were a man is found dead in a bathtub because he commited suicide due to his fear of the clown, no nudity is shown, and there is no sexuality in this movie however there is some bad language but no uses of F--ck. Scary movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bysu avsar October 23, 2015

Good Movie

Ive read the book and am aware that its much more extreme, so to say, compared to the movie. I, personally LOVED it, but I don't recommend it to many children my age and especially not under, as Pennywise can be rather unsettling, even to parents. I did not think it scary, but i know others wouldn't see it that way, and, with all that blood, you would need a strong stomach. My mother watched it at a young age and it still haunts her, and she still refuses to watch it with me, and again, I DO NOT recommend this for a younger audience.
Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2015

It

I just recently watched this movie, and there is a lot of violence. But it's mostly just blood (which is not very realistic.) There are a couple of scenes where adults kiss. And one adult joked around about how his other friend was a "virgin." They swear a couple of times, they said, b***h, b*st***, n*gg*r, and they said the word d*m, a lot of times. There are some drugs and beer, but not a lot of it. All and all I still think it was a great movie, but it could be scary for anybody younger then 12. Thanks :)
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2015

Cheesy, classic King horror.

The movie adaption of Stephen King's bestselling It brings the same scares that Stephen King is great at. Blood, blood, blood, erupting from sewers and balloons. People are possesed by the killer clown, a person is stabbed, a girl is slapped by her abusive husband and father. Lots of intensity and tension... Better for the teen age group. There is some swearing, like bastard, son of a bitch and the "n word" twice. A girl's father is an abusive drunk, and adults drink at a resturant and get drunk to calm nerves after a disturbing attack. This crazy thrillride will keep your teens on the edge of their seat, even if it is cheesy.
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2015

Steven kings IT

I Think this movie is not for kids under 11 this movie does not have any adult themes but there is a bit of kissing . If your child does not like clowns and gets scared easily DO NOT LET THEM WATCH THIS!!!!!!! I personally enjoyed it there is no blood which I was very suprised.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCarly.rae13 August 6, 2014

Great Movie!

This movie isn't scary at all but if your afraid of clowns it is probably pretty scary to you but it is a great movie. It doesn't have anything really inappropiate except do people are shown making out but are soon stopped. There is a couple scenes with gore including Pennywise's face burining off and a couple scenes with blood. The language is okay except the n word is repeated a couple of times. I would rate this movie 10+ for those reasons. Not recommended if you are disgusted or afraid of gore.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy August 3, 2014

I watched IT when I was thirteen and it didn't scare me horribly. It was pretty good, but parents should know it has a lot of blood without much intense violence, examples are blood coming out of popped balloons, a fortune cookie and blood in a tea glass falling on the floor. The violence isn't too bad, a spider gets killed and pennywise's face melts some, this isn't too gory. A character commits suicide by slashing his wrists, not onscreen but you do see bloody results. A violent bully comes close to cutting a fat kid's, well fat off his body but it doesn't happen. At the beginning,* SPOILER* Pennywise kills a young boy, it is offscreen and is suggested that he bites the kid's arm or eats him, its not 100% clear, interpret it anyway you like but he still dies. And another violent scene is where a man gets stabbed but he lives. Overall the violence isn't too bad, but it still has a lot of blood. Sexual stuff includes a scene that looks eathir after or before sex, no genitals, boobs etc. are shown. A man admits hes a virgin. Not too bad. A good amount of swearing in this film also, but no f-bombs. This movie is not for little kids, some will be quite scared of Pennywise the clown. Tweens should skip this one too, but 14+ teens should be okay.
Parent Written byPredatorman March 21, 2014

A little bit scary

if you are young or scared of clowns don't watch this the clown will get stuck in your head, and you'll never forget about it. Also there are scenes that imply children being killed
Adult Written bywonder dove July 5, 2013

Scary for tweens!

I first watched this for deceased actor Jonathan Brandis when I was a little obsessed with him, then heartbroken when he took his own life. What a great kid-actor! However, the story is quite laughable if you're an older teen 16-19 or an adult, but still kind of fun to watch sometimes. The silly sound effects when the clown comes on screen kind of ruins the scariness of it, it's too playful and child-like. But the overall tone of the movie is creepy, especially for younger viewers. I find it's way too long though. Violence is quite strong and gory with monsters, frightening sequences involving children including fights, stabbings, bullying and rock throwing. Language is on an average scale, not too bad but not good either. Sexual content has kissing, a man confesses he's a virgin, some flirting. Drinking is implied, social drinking & an alcoholic father. The cast is awesome, acting is excellent for it's time. I'd say it's fine for ages 11 and up who like to get scared.
Kid, 9 years old March 29, 2011

curse you

Do not see this.Tim Curry is in it.Ted Alan would sound like chef Georgie you have been chopped.NOW DIE.This was so so so so so so so so bad AND WEIRD.
Kid, 9 years old May 31, 2009

Definitey worth watchin'.

Parents need to know this movie contains content that, if it was rated, it would get an "R" rating, but not severely. There are obscene racist remarks that are very offending (2 of them) and occasional somewhat colorful language. Extreme bullying and grotesque images. Very terrifying, even without the gore. Some drinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNedStark51 February 2, 2017

Stephen king's Killer clown movie isn't that scary

This is one of Stephen king's most popular movie adaptations. It's mainly about this creature who is disguised as a clown who comes terrorize these kids, who happen to now be adults. While some scenes are scary, the rest of it is just boring. They also say some bad words in the film. The movie is also around 3 hours long. Ton conclude, It also has a message about teamwork.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTacoLord424 January 29, 2017

Reasonable

My dad got me this when I was twelve. I was and still am really into Stephen King novels/movies. There is no sexual content, the blood however is very high with balloons filled with blood, people being stabbed, and blood spitting out of sinks. The language has the "n" word twice with some other words.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRussFeingoldFan December 25, 2016

It: Stephen King

I've read the book and really enjoyed it, the movie did not disappoint. There is some blood (well, a lot) so be wary of that for your children. Each of the seven members of the Losers Club probably have something that your kids can connect with.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKkoppin November 24, 2016

Good but...

Overall the movie is somewhat ok. Parents should know that it's a really boring and slow movie. Yes IT is good but, it's boring that kids will fall asleep through this and parents too. It's not that scary. You just wanna watch if your child is ok with blood because it is everywhere. A good part is is that their is really no cussing except for a few. There is also no sexual activity in this, there is kissing but no sexual activity. So that is my thought on the movie.