All member reviews for It (1990)

Teen, 15 years old Written bydamoviecritic April 9, 2008

Proof that the truest horror comes from the imagination

This was a very good miniseris overall. I saw it when I was 9 years old, and I remember being terrified. It is certainly not as good as the book, but when it comes to Stephen King adaptations, this one is one of the better (if not more watered down) ones.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2011

That Clown still creeps the heck out of Me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhorrorfan January 29, 2009

LOVED this movie!

I absolutely loved this movie. But it can be EXTREMELY scary. Exspecially if you are scared of clowns to start with. (Like me) I would recomend this to any horror fan 12 and up or 10 if your brave. I thought the ending was really stupid, but other than that the movie is very scary.
Kid, 9 years old May 31, 2009

Definitey worth watchin'.

Parents need to know this movie contains content that, if it was rated, it would get an "R" rating, but not severely. There are obscene racist remarks that are very offending (2 of them) and occasional somewhat colorful language. Extreme bullying and grotesque images. Very terrifying, even without the gore. Some drinking.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybtoc007 December 28, 2014

Steven Kings It

This is a good horror movie for young kids to watch. I would recommend showing this movie to your kids before something like Nightmare on Elm streat or Friday the 13th. This movie has a lot of unexpected moments so always expect the unexpected. This movie is mostly about a killer clown who kills children and he lives in the drain.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCarly.rae13 August 6, 2014

Great Movie!

This movie isn't scary at all but if your afraid of clowns it is probably pretty scary to you but it is a great movie. It doesn't have anything really inappropiate except do people are shown making out but are soon stopped. There is a couple scenes with gore including Pennywise's face burining off and a couple scenes with blood. The language is okay except the n word is repeated a couple of times. I would rate this movie 10+ for those reasons. Not recommended if you are disgusted or afraid of gore.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy August 3, 2014

I watched IT when I was thirteen and it didn't scare me horribly. It was pretty good, but parents should know it has a lot of blood without much intense violence, examples are blood coming out of popped balloons, a fortune cookie and blood in a tea glass falling on the floor. The violence isn't too bad, a spider gets killed and pennywise's face melts some, this isn't too gory. A character commits suicide by slashing his wrists, not onscreen but you do see bloody results. A violent bully comes close to cutting a fat kid's, well fat off his body but it doesn't happen. At the beginning,* SPOILER* Pennywise kills a young boy, it is offscreen and is suggested that he bites the kid's arm or eats him, its not 100% clear, interpret it anyway you like but he still dies. And another violent scene is where a man gets stabbed but he lives. Overall the violence isn't too bad, but it still has a lot of blood. Sexual stuff includes a scene that looks eathir after or before sex, no genitals, boobs etc. are shown. A man admits hes a virgin. Not too bad. A good amount of swearing in this film also, but no f-bombs. This movie is not for little kids, some will be quite scared of Pennywise the clown. Tweens should skip this one too, but 14+ teens should be okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymad gamer July 16, 2014

its not scary but creepy

The movie is about a creepy clown who scares and kills children the thing that creeps me out is certain scenes but the clown normally says something funny or says a cheesy joke which kind of stops the fear the carnival music in one scene creeped me out but if your kid is a brave ten year old this movie would probably be ok for them
Teen, 13 years old Written byfizzlepaper March 16, 2014

Commonsense choses to young of age

I've seen this movie and although what commonsense says is true and that most of the bad stuff is kept off screen. It's the suspense that really makes it bad. The movie is SO suspenseful that it is unlikely that 1 out of three children under ten will be traumatized
Kid, 10 years old December 18, 2013

Don't You Want A Balloon?

An amazing MINISERIES! This is what get's people. Why say Why is this movie so long when you don't know the truth. Stop. Please. They are miniseries. Tim Curry plays a child stalker, who kills them. The loser club are a group of seven kids who fight and kill the stalker, who is actually a giant tarantula. Thirty years later the loser's club reunite, but with six, as one of them has committed suicide. They again fight it, and it is finally conquered and dead. A great movie to teach kids lessons. Stephen King - How do you do it? Based on King's second longest novel, over taken by Under The Dome, this show received terrible feedback from the man - King Himself! King said if he had wrote it, it would be a thirty-two hour series, not a two-parter (hence the two-sided dvd). A recent favourite, as i love mr King, IT IS A GREAT MOVIE FOR CHILDREN TO TEACH THEM TO NEVER TALK TO STRANGERS
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2013

scary

I have not seen the whole film but ive seen half and can tell you that there are some adult themes and offscreen violence and that the second half is the kids as adults battling the creature, so probably no adult themes just some violence. Good acting and pretty good FX. scary.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude68683 November 5, 2013

What I think

I think this movie is hilarious and it's because of tim curry if you ever want to see a movie where you can laugh watch this
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2013

it

Teen, 13 years old Written bystudboy24 July 3, 2013

it

Teen, 14 years old Written bythehungergames77 January 25, 2013

Oh, Pennywise.

I think, it was, well, rather strange. It had its heartwarming moments when kids band together to stand up against bullies, and It. But, for the rest of the movie, fright.
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2012

what to think about

i thought this movie was great. they do have some drinking like some were drunk and abusive. it did have cussing whitch was the d word, n, and both b words. this movie is quite violent just because of murdures and stuff like that. other wise it does have a pretty good message like dont be afraid.
Teen, 17 years old Written byadtr_forever November 23, 2012

It.. is it.

Great movie, but some kids may not want to watch this with the violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhomealonefan123 September 24, 2012

this Stephen King movie my be frightning for younger kids.

Just to let you know this movie has all it's killing offscreen. well most of it. this is interesting and kinda freaky. but good.
Kid, 10 years old August 22, 2012

so fun to watch

FUNNY!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2012

Good story, but it is a bit long and the acting stinks.

It is a good horror movie that might scare younger kids. There isnt tons of violence, but one character is slapped by her husband and an evil clown is sprayed with battery acid. There is some uncalled for language, like the n word or son of a -----, and there are a few gory scens, like when blood splatters out of baloons or an eye falls out of a fortune cookie. I would say 10 and up if they aren't easily scared, 13+ if they are.