Find the best for your family

See what's streaming, limit strong violence or language, and find picks your kids will love with Common Sense Media Plus.

Join now

Parent reviews for It Chapter Two

Fewer scares, plenty of blood in long but fun sequel.

Adult Written byReganPrince September 5, 2019

So good!

I really think that the R rating is overrated and I took my 11 yr old to see it and he loved it. There is quite a bit of gore but if you know that your child is responsible enough and you prep them before the movie with a little disclaimer I think that they will enjoy it! I thought my 11 year old was going to be frightened by the end of it but he did great! I was surprised at the fact that the horror seemed just enough for him to handle.

Adult Written byMr. Anderson_ September 12, 2019

Great for Teens

So the British Board of Film Classification has rated the movie at 15+ (https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/it-chapter-two-film) but I dont think that should be the rating. When my son was 11 years old I let him watch the first It at his friends house he told me that even though it is meant to be a scary movie they were laughing throughout the entire film. There is some swearing and blood however I think a mature 12 year old should be able to watch the movie. Originally the movie was going to take a pg-13 route which would have been fair however they decided to limit the audience to 15+ . But again I will tell you a mature 12 year old can definitely watch this movie and I also have to say I found the movie very entertaining myself and so did my 13 year old son.

Adult Written byIsaac Ott September 7, 2019

It’s a good movie

It’s fine for 12 year old. It’s gory but most teens like 13 can handle it. Also a lot of parents call it the devel it’s just a scary clown

Adult Written byBrrandyrhee October 1, 2019

I’m thoroughly impressed

As being a fan of the T.V IT movie I was so excited for IT chapter I and II to come out. I was very impressed with how the represented the character relationships through chapter one, and even more impressed with chapter II. Honestly, I thought chapter II made the entire series better. I absolutely loved every second of this movie and I could not be happier. I have never jumped out of my seat like I did during this movie. A guy sitting next to me had to ask if I was okay. The adult characters they picked were great and looked like their kid characters except Ben. But he was supposed to look different after losing the weight. I cannot brag about this movie anymore then I already have. I am petrified of clowns and my adrenaline was PUMPED up to the extreme through the ENTIRE movie. From the very beginning the first murder to the very ending. If you are a fan of gore and scary movies I am highly recommending you to see this. It gets a 10/5 from me honestly. A++++ great job. Also, so so happy to see Stephan king still killing it in his movies
Adult Written bypenny.wilson1971 September 18, 2019

A bit gory but fine if your kid can handle it

My 9 year old was fine with the movie, the only problem with it is the violence but if your child can deal with that I would recommend this movie.

Parent of a 15 year old Written byLeofilmer September 6, 2019

This is the best movie I've ever seen but NOT for kids.

Why some parents leave their watch this movie. Extremely gory and brutal and a killer clown eats and smashes little children. So why this movie is for kids? For ADULTS it's a great and unusual movie. It is very scary and very funny at the same time. I Love this movie!!!

Adult Written byHaddynough September 10, 2019

Hard to sit through

I had a really hard time sitting through it even though my son wanted me to. The actors were ok, I wouldn’t say they were Oscar award winning performances though. The story was just way too far fetched and it seemed like the effects were very outdated. I’m sorry Stephen King, but I was not fond of it.
Adult Written byaalas0807 September 7, 2019

It's the best

I love IT Chapter Two just like how I LOVE the first Chapter
Adult Written byMamapigeon21 September 14, 2019

worth the wait

I come an extremely biased standpoint maybe do not listen. However if you want to here is the review *SPOILERS*
Reddie is canon. Yes you heard me right. We bullied high money film makers into making reddie real. But then Eddie goes and dies?? The audacity. Also why did this happen. I am SHOCKED some people will go and put this TRASH ON TELEVISION!!!!! Whyd he have to die?????? Same with stan??? Was that not good enough for you Stephen king?!?!??!?!?!?!

Adult Written byMictchell_M16 September 10, 2019

IT CHAPTER 2 REVIEW

It chapter 2 picked up where one left off. After defeating pennywise in the sewers and banishing him for a long 27 years when the losers club makes there blood oath and swear to come back if pennywise was to ever return. 27 years later pennywise comes back, he is back to his ways again (killing people again in other words). I believe it was a really good movie and it told a good theme that friendship is really important. I would rate this movie a 3.5/5 because the scary scenes were not as frighting as they were anticipated to be. Don't get me wrong I would recommend this movie for anyone 15 and up. It was a fantastic movie and it had really good humor to it. I thought the cast was brilliantly put together. One character that I liked in the book and the movies was Richie, because of his witty humor and he knew his morals when it came down to running or staying and helping, but it was hard for him because he was scared, scared that his "secret" would come out. But i thought Bill Hater did a fantastic job with the character. In this movie the characters looked almost identical to there past one. I thought the director's veiw of this movie was incredible and spot on because it followed the book amazingly and was executed the movie effectively and efficiently.
Michael Mitchell-3.5/5

Parent Written by1ReviewGuy September 8, 2019

Not that bad!

I have 2 kids, one 12 year old boy, and a 9 year old daughter. Me and my 12 year old boy watched the 2017 IT in theaters when he was 10 and he handled it perfectly. My daughter was a little scared of this one, but she wasn’t too affected.

Violence: 6/10. This movie has some violence, and it’s much more than the 2017 one, but it’s nothing that kids can’t handle. Pennywise bites a kid’s head. He rips out someone’s hearts and chomps on it, A character slits their wrists in a bathtub. People get cut, stabbed and more. There is a lot of blood and gore, but not much that a kid can’t handle.

Language: 5/10. This movie has cursing in almost every line, but in schools, kids curse a ton everyday, and most likely your child curses in school too, so language isn’t a huge concern.

Sexual content: 2/10. There are a good amount of sexual jokes in this movie, kids and adults will share a laugh in these, but there is a scene where Beverly gets sexually abused, and for no more than 5 seconds in the movie, you can see a naked old lady, but her body is blurry since it’s not focused, and in the background, and there is a naked lady/monster that is grey and has breasts flapping around.

CONCLUSION: Kids are able to watch this movie, but just keep it 9+ in case they might get frightened.

Adult Written byJasonmoray September 5, 2019

Amazing but super bloody

This movie was amazing. It's the perfect blend of comedy and horror.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byislandmama11 October 4, 2019

More intense than the first

My 11 year old saw this in the theatre after begging me to go. She had seen the first one and was ok with it. This one was a lot more intense. She stayed for the entire movie, but did have to excuse herself once to go to the washroom and gather herself again. It did cause more issues for her after the fact than the first (afraid to wander the house alone at night) for about a week, but she’s still glad she went and did enjoy it. I’ll say that it is probably appropriate for a 12 or 13 year old, just know it’s scarier and more violent than the first.

Adult Written bymotaadmi September 29, 2019

the best movie ever but not for kids

i took my 12 and 14 year old sons to watch it and they really loved it but they find little scary and gory they says it was not that scary but the movie was better i know that the film is not for kids but they forced me to go i dont know why this is 15 plus because i went to cinemas and they were that it is 18 plus
Parent of a 9 year old Written byBobby G. September 23, 2019

Weird but solid ending

Violence 5/10. Brutal beating of two men at the beginning. It bites kids, adults in quick glimpses. A kid is killed in a hall of mirrors and blood splatters onto a mirror. Language 7/10. F—k, s—t used frequently. Sex 2/10. Old woman monster is nude. Sexual references in a comedy sketch.
Adult Written byYoavi123 September 20, 2019

Adult Written byNibshshshhsbshs September 13, 2019
Adult Written byNurseEvans September 9, 2019
Beverly is chased around by a CGI old lady creature who is naked with her breasts exposed. A man is shown from behind naked entering a bathtub. A scene shows a grown man shooting the childhood version of himself in the head. Creepy scenes between a father and daughter implies sexual abuse (ie- smelling her, taunting her “are you still my little girl?”)

Parent of a 13 year old Written byNavyMamaBear September 9, 2019

Very Entertaining but not for young children

My son is 12 and seemed to enjoy the movie. He hid his face and covers his ears a couple of times. Since I read the reviews here I knew what to expect and that helped relieve some anxiety about it.
We were able to bond and have a good time together. It did spark a lot of questions with him. He asked me why did the girl marry a man who abused her like her father. We had / have been having several long discussions about important issues.
The only thing I didn’t see in the review was there is a message. Several of them. The one I took away from it was you should not let your fears (evil and fear) take away from your life and happiness. I think that message is priceless.

Adult Written byCollin W. November 7, 2019

Just terrible.

Filled with glorification of drugs, homophobia, and domestic violence. The worst part, Jessica Chastain's character can't decide who she likes better, James McAvoy's character or Jay Ryan's character, fembot! Now, don't get
me wrong, Jessica is a great actress, but why did she go from Zero Dark Thirty and Miss Sloane, to this?