All member reviews for It's a Disaster

Dark end-of-the-world comedy is witty but mature.

Adult Written bywonder dove November 23, 2013

Comedy? Not my taste...

It's a Disaster was an okay watch, but could've definitely done better. The comedy was not funny and I found it rather boring with couples constantly arguing throughout. The only normal character I found likable was Glen (David Cross) and possibly Tracy (Julia Stiles) wasn't too bad either. So two stars for the acting which was excellent. I don't think I'd ever watch this one again. In short, it's about Tracy who's a doctor who takes her boyfriend Glen with her to a Sunday brunch with her friends at a home who are all coupled but each have their own problems. As some time goes by, they finally realize the phones, TV and internet are out and mistake it as forgetting to pay the bills. When a neighbor in a jumpsuit and mask comes over, he explains that a biological weapon has been released which has knocked out the town's power. Disaster hits for the friends when they feel that it just may be the end of the world. Language is strong with several f-words, @sshole, sh*t and more. Violence includes arguing and bickering between friends and couples, a woman threatens to leave her husband, two dead people are shown outside with birds pecking at them at one point, in another scene we see the birds dead too (non-gory). Sexual content includes a joke about two female friends being lesbians with other sexual remarks said, references about cheating and how some of the characters have cheated in their relationship, a couple are seen in bed before and after sex, a couple offer another man to join them in bed but he declines, references to adultery. There is lots of drinking, cocaine talk, marijuana talk, a woman makes and takes ecstasy. This film is a bad influence for kids and younger teens! Mature 17+ viewers only.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 3, 2013

A hipster apocalypse!

"It's a Disaster" is for sure a premise movie, but it's not too drawn out with its brief 90 minute run time. It's a very diverse set of characters (well not physically, but you know what I mean) and a background of love, marriage and Armageddon, with a rather bizarre twist at the end, but it plays along with this movie, which I could easily see being transformed into a play with its minimal setting. I'd like to have seen a little more done, but it's a little thought provoking and a good film to see before brunch.