All member reviews for Jack Reacher

Serviceable but forgettable Cruise thriller is very violent.

Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 27, 2012

Mediocre Tom Cruise thriller has SOME cool scenes but otherwise dull

Adult Written byjoshua martinez December 27, 2012

14 and up.

this thriller movie stars with tom cruise Jake reacher is a awesome worth watching but only older teens can handle this type of violent movie and parents you need to know that jake reacher has some intense violence some strong language used and some drinking and one drug shown such as paraphernalia.
Parent Written bydianab123 January 5, 2013

Should have been rated R

Yikes! Should have been rated R. Not much story line unless you like watching violent killing. From the trailer, I was expecting more of a Mission Impossible type movie. This is not even close!
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2013

Don't bother a bit

If anyone wants to see this, Watch it with the kids. Im talking to you parents. But if you 99% want to see it and 1% don't. Just don't watch it. It is BORING. Don't listen to Stupid critics. They are just trying to lure you into watching it. Don't watch it unless you are 100% sure guaranteed that you will like it. Its not even 1 bit violent. Its all talking.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySamhit July 24, 2013

Jack

It should have been rated R for strong language and violence. There was also a bar scene. But overall a good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver May 24, 2013

Awesome Movie

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 January 20, 2013

Jack Reacher is passable

To tell you the truth I went into the movie expecting a seasoned blend of both action and mystery. Instead I got an okay mystery and some so-so action sequences. But I will say that the finale was very good, filled with fist-fights and gun battles. The ending I found a bit confusing and just seemed like it was trying to set up for a sequel. There are about 45 profanities including one (very sudden) f-word and 10 s-words some action sequences, and there was some drug content as well. It’s definitely worth watching, it’s just that I would wait until DVD or Blu-ray.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjtennisboy January 6, 2013

Jack Reacher

It was a great movie but before the movie I was told that it was going to be very intense. It ended up not being that intense. I wrote 11 and up but also for more mature 10 year olds
Teen, 16 years old Written byGamerevier December 25, 2012

More like An light rated R movie than a PG-13

Great movie violence 8/10 drugs/drinking/smoking 3/10 cussing 5/10 sex 3/10 good but a little to much violence for a PG-13 movie more like a light R movie it is also intense
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2014

Get Jack Reacher! Epic Movie.

Jack Reacher is an awesome thriller. The film has allot of guns... sniper shooting 5 people, loads of shootouts etc… The hand to hand violence is fairly moderate . Even though the bbfc gave the movie a 15 cert, you would expect blood but there isn't any which pulls down my viewing age recommendation. Also swearing is infrequent despite one F word, the language isn't too strong e.g.. bi*** and the s word - never used frequently. The threat is quite strong with a character saying "bite your fingers off" which is actually attempted. If you are the right age, you will love Jack Reacher. Totally unmissable.
Adult Written bycrusader666 February 24, 2014

Not a great movie; very violent!

Wasn't sure Tom Cruise (at five-seven) would pull it off but he did okay playing Jack Reacher (six-five, 200+ pounds) and carried the movie, which otherwise was mediocre. Lots of camera-angle tricks helped with his lack of height and it appears Cruise spent some time at the gym getting his upper body buff because his bare chest appeared to be hard as a rock in the movie, which is good for someone his age. As generally happens when books are turned into movies, fans of Jack Reacher will probably be disappointed. I am not a Reacher fan, but did read "The Killing Floor" (Book 1) and "One Shot" (Book 9), the latter of which this movie is based on, prior to watching the movie. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but the movie was a far cry from the characters Lee Child created in his books. According to news reports, Tom Cruise owns the rights to ALL Jack Reacher novels, so he will run the show (with Paula Wagner). In this first Reacher movie, more time should have been spent including characters from the book that are left out in lieu of the cheesy what-seemed-to-be-30-minute car chase, that is for sure! What amazes me is that the John Grisham movies (which the author claims to have little if any involvement in) are much closer to the books he wrote than most movies that are based on other books I have read. Not sure why that is, but there isn't one "mediocre" Grisham movie, to date; they all rock! Hopefully Cruise/Wagner Productions will pay attention to some of the criticism so future Reacher movies they make will be closer to the story told by the author.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Fairly good

Brutal violence but not gory at all. Bad guy is cheesy otherwise I would give it 4 stars. Brief sexual stuff. One F word and some other language. Somewhat interesting storyline.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThatGamingCat May 24, 2013

Great! but very violent.

Great movie, but very violent! Has fair bit of language. In the beginning it shows Reacher (Cruise) in a thong, so all parents with kids under 12, should not watch this movie due to the language and violence.
Educator and Parent Written byjmak May 12, 2013

Should be Rated R

This movie should be rated R. When characters murder humans on screen, then it passes the PG-13 mark. Choosing to point a gun at someone's head while the person is seated, unarmed, and then pull the trigger is a "Rated-R" moment, as are all of the assassinations and other murders during the movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKearnic17 February 1, 2013

Above-average Tom Cruise movie

This movie isn't forgettable like the reviewer says it is. It has one of the most realistic car chase scenes I have ever seen and of course there is plenty of nice violence-but not gory violence. There is a relatively brief scene where a woman is wearing skimpy underwear but that's it for sexual content. There isn't even any kissing that I can think of. This is your above-average conspiracy thriller and I encourage you to at least consider watching it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysam varma January 25, 2013

nothing grerat

mysterious.... gets you stuck to the movie till the end but iis forgettable and nothing great
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2013

Cool action movie.

Jack Reacher is a boss action movie that is good to see with friends. It is too confusing for anyone under 10 probably. It is also pretty violent. It is about a sniper shooting five random people and an ex military cop getting to the bottom of the mystery. You can see the shooting, and there is also lots of other violent scenes where people are shot or beaten up. But there is no blood or gore. They also say words like f--k, s--t, p---y, pr--k, or b---h once or twice. Overall good movie but not for young kids.
Parent Written bydheads December 27, 2012

Torture threats and deaths a mile a minute

I'm no prude but this movie is extremely violent (and tedious to boot) - my 12 year old was genuinely scared the entire time (e.g., threats of chewing off fingers and other torture). If this were an otherwise fabulous movie with a point this might be excusable, but don't waste your money (or your kid's brain).
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 22, 2014

Very violent but exicting military movie is perfect for teens

My rating:PG-13 for military violence,brief strong language,drug use and a scene of sexuality
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnunay Maheshwari October 22, 2014

@We$oMe

It's a awesome movie. Cruise has acted very well. There is volience but not too much.