All member reviews for Jack Reacher

Serviceable but forgettable Cruise thriller is very violent.

Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2013

Cool action movie.

Jack Reacher is a boss action movie that is good to see with friends. It is too confusing for anyone under 10 probably. It is also pretty violent. It is about a sniper shooting five random people and an ex military cop getting to the bottom of the mystery. You can see the shooting, and there is also lots of other violent scenes where people are shot or beaten up. But there is no blood or gore. They also say words like f--k, s--t, p---y, pr--k, or b---h once or twice. Overall good movie but not for young kids.
Parent Written bydheads December 27, 2012

Torture threats and deaths a mile a minute

I'm no prude but this movie is extremely violent (and tedious to boot) - my 12 year old was genuinely scared the entire time (e.g., threats of chewing off fingers and other torture). If this were an otherwise fabulous movie with a point this might be excusable, but don't waste your money (or your kid's brain).
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 22, 2014

Very violent but exicting military movie is perfect for teens

My rating:PG-13 for military violence,brief strong language,drug use and a scene of sexuality
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnunay Maheshwari October 22, 2014

@We$oMe

It's a awesome movie. Cruise has acted very well. There is volience but not too much.
Adult Written bykarako July 21, 2014

Should have been rated R.

A bland, sexist, plotless film with non-stop graphic violence and disturbing scenes of torture. Not for kids. I have no idea why this movie is rated PG-13 when other films with mild language and no violence get the same rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylimabeanzrule May 22, 2014

WTF was that garbage?!

Enough said.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygree43 March 16, 2014

Good but really intense.

Its a good movie, but I was grinding my teeth the first time I saw it. even though its not gory, its one of those "do whatever we want off-screen type of movies". Overall, a decent action flick.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014

Kid, 8 years old July 13, 2013

JEALOUS!

My 8 and 11 year old friends saw it in december.THEY WERE 7 AND 11 WHEN THEY SAW IT.VERY JEALOUS!
Parent Written byjpschouest June 19, 2013

Entertaining but Violent

Educator and Parent of a 10 year old Written byNick's Momma May 12, 2013

Not worth the time or the rental fee

This is by far one of the worst movies Tom Cruise has ever made. Every line out of his mouth sounds like it is trying to be a new signature phase. Became so bad that we started making fun of it about half way through.
Parent of an infant, 3, and 6 year old Written byGambleFam May 5, 2013

Good but, PG-13? Really??

Thought this was a good, but tad long, film. Had good action scenes, with a good story which made it even more intriguing to watch. I was glued to the screen. (Notes for parents, as I'm a father of three.) I think there is way to much killing and violence for young eyes. Some brutal killing with people being shot down to a young girl being murdered by a single punch. I'm very surprised that this cleared the PG-13 rating. Overall I actually like the movie. It shows that good does prevail and that if you do wrong and kill you will be tracked down and caught or in this case killed. Tom Cruise did a great job in his roll. I recommend this movie for ADULTS, good story.
Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2013

Jack Reacher

Jack Reacher is a decent movie. There is quite a bit of action but it can be confusing. It has some pretty intense violence, especially at the beggining when a sniper shoots innocent people. There is also a few f-words and s-words, and a little bit of blood.
Kid, 9 years old January 16, 2013

Me and my dad chose this between "The Impossible", and "Zero Dark Thirty."

Me and my dad Had to choose between these films: "The Impossible", "Zero Dark Thirty", and this. We chose this because dad didn't think "Zero Dark Thirty was appropriate and "The Impossible" didn't fit our schedule. Language: "Sh*t" "F*ck" is used once, "B*tch". Violence: A lot of fighting and shooting, there is a sequence of torture for nothing that a 13/14 year old can't stand. Jack Reacher is a good role-model for kids who wanna become detectives.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatie v January 5, 2013

Okay for 12&13 year olds

I think this movie was really good it was sort of violent in parts but the hunger games were more violent there is some swearing but for a 12 & 13 year old they should be responsible enough
Teen, 13 years old Written bysavannah5677 January 2, 2013

Jack Reacher 13+

I thought this movie was very funny in a serious way. Like the characters weren't trying to be funny but acted funny if you know what i mean. The movie should be okay for ages 13+ but depends on what they can handle. The only part that bothered me was when Jack slowly broke the bad guy's wrist and arm. Another part that was hard was when another bad guy was told to bite his finger off to show loyalty and that he is willing to survive no matter what, though he did not do it. Sex was not a problem in this movie at all. There was a lot of violence and language, and one family was shown to have done drugs. In my opinion Jack Reacher was a very good movie but is not for kids under 12.