All member reviews for Jack Reacher

Serviceable but forgettable Cruise thriller is very violent.

Teen, 14 years old Written bygree43 March 16, 2014

Good but really intense.

Its a good movie, but I was grinding my teeth the first time I saw it. even though its not gory, its one of those "do whatever we want off-screen type of movies". Overall, a decent action flick.
Adult Written bycrusader666 February 24, 2014

Not a great movie; very violent!

Wasn't sure Tom Cruise (at five-seven) would pull it off but he did okay playing Jack Reacher (six-five, 200+ pounds) and carried the movie, which otherwise was mediocre. Lots of camera-angle tricks helped with his lack of height and it appears Cruise spent some time at the gym getting his upper body buff because his bare chest appeared to be hard as a rock in the movie, which is good for someone his age. As generally happens when books are turned into movies, fans of Jack Reacher will probably be disappointed. I am not a Reacher fan, but did read "The Killing Floor" (Book 1) and "One Shot" (Book 9), the latter of which this movie is based on, prior to watching the movie. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but the movie was a far cry from the characters Lee Child created in his books. According to news reports, Tom Cruise owns the rights to ALL Jack Reacher novels, so he will run the show (with Paula Wagner). In this first Reacher movie, more time should have been spent including characters from the book that are left out in lieu of the cheesy what-seemed-to-be-30-minute car chase, that is for sure! What amazes me is that the John Grisham movies (which the author claims to have little if any involvement in) are much closer to the books he wrote than most movies that are based on other books I have read. Not sure why that is, but there isn't one "mediocre" Grisham movie, to date; they all rock! Hopefully Cruise/Wagner Productions will pay attention to some of the criticism so future Reacher movies they make will be closer to the story told by the author.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014

Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Fairly good

Brutal violence but not gory at all. Bad guy is cheesy otherwise I would give it 4 stars. Brief sexual stuff. One F word and some other language. Somewhat interesting storyline.
Kid, 8 years old July 13, 2013

JEALOUS!

My 8 and 11 year old friends saw it in december.THEY WERE 7 AND 11 WHEN THEY SAW IT.VERY JEALOUS!
Parent Written byjpschouest June 19, 2013

Entertaining but Violent

Teen, 14 years old Written byAhiena7 June 18, 2013

Awesome

My whole family watched this (ages 9, 11, 14, 17 and parents). I totally loved it. It was awesome. It's pretty clean except for the lady at the beginning and the language which don't disturb Me since I'm fluent in it. The violence was mild (I wish it was more violence.). But it was a great movie
Educator and Parent of a 10 year old Written byNick's Momma May 12, 2013

Not worth the time or the rental fee

This is by far one of the worst movies Tom Cruise has ever made. Every line out of his mouth sounds like it is trying to be a new signature phase. Became so bad that we started making fun of it about half way through.
Parent of an infant, 3, and 6 year old Written byGambleFam May 5, 2013

Good but, PG-13? Really??

Thought this was a good, but tad long, film. Had good action scenes, with a good story which made it even more intriguing to watch. I was glued to the screen. (Notes for parents, as I'm a father of three.) I think there is way to much killing and violence for young eyes. Some brutal killing with people being shot down to a young girl being murdered by a single punch. I'm very surprised that this cleared the PG-13 rating. Overall I actually like the movie. It shows that good does prevail and that if you do wrong and kill you will be tracked down and caught or in this case killed. Tom Cruise did a great job in his roll. I recommend this movie for ADULTS, good story.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Jack Reacher is suprisingly good

Jack Reacher is fun. You will have a good time watching it. Tom Cruise does a good job in his role. Overall it is enjoyable
Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2013

Jack Reacher

Jack Reacher is a decent movie. There is quite a bit of action but it can be confusing. It has some pretty intense violence, especially at the beggining when a sniper shoots innocent people. There is also a few f-words and s-words, and a little bit of blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysam varma January 25, 2013

nothing grerat

mysterious.... gets you stuck to the movie till the end but iis forgettable and nothing great
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 January 18, 2013

Fairly good action movie has lots of violence and thrills

Kid, 9 years old January 16, 2013

Me and my dad chose this between "The Impossible", and "Zero Dark Thirty."

Me and my dad Had to choose between these films: "The Impossible", "Zero Dark Thirty", and this. We chose this because dad didn't think "Zero Dark Thirty was appropriate and "The Impossible" didn't fit our schedule. Language: "Sh*t" "F*ck" is used once, "B*tch". Violence: A lot of fighting and shooting, there is a sequence of torture for nothing that a 13/14 year old can't stand. Jack Reacher is a good role-model for kids who wanna become detectives.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatie v January 5, 2013

Okay for 12&13 year olds

I think this movie was really good it was sort of violent in parts but the hunger games were more violent there is some swearing but for a 12 & 13 year old they should be responsible enough
Teen, 13 years old Written bysavannah5677 January 2, 2013

Jack Reacher 13+

I thought this movie was very funny in a serious way. Like the characters weren't trying to be funny but acted funny if you know what i mean. The movie should be okay for ages 13+ but depends on what they can handle. The only part that bothered me was when Jack slowly broke the bad guy's wrist and arm. Another part that was hard was when another bad guy was told to bite his finger off to show loyalty and that he is willing to survive no matter what, though he did not do it. Sex was not a problem in this movie at all. There was a lot of violence and language, and one family was shown to have done drugs. In my opinion Jack Reacher was a very good movie but is not for kids under 12.