All member reviews for Jack Reacher

Serviceable but forgettable Cruise thriller is very violent.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Jack Reacher is suprisingly good

Jack Reacher is fun. You will have a good time watching it. Tom Cruise does a good job in his role. Overall it is enjoyable
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 January 18, 2013

Fairly good action movie has lots of violence and thrills

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 22, 2014

Very violent but exicting military movie is perfect for teens

My rating:PG-13 for military violence,brief strong language,drug use and a scene of sexuality
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnunay Maheshwari October 22, 2014

@We$oMe

It's a awesome movie. Cruise has acted very well. There is volience but not too much.
Adult Written bykarako July 21, 2014

Should have been rated R.

A bland, sexist, plotless film with non-stop graphic violence and disturbing scenes of torture. Not for kids. I have no idea why this movie is rated PG-13 when other films with mild language and no violence get the same rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylimabeanzrule May 22, 2014

WTF was that garbage?!

Enough said.
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2014

Get Jack Reacher! Epic Movie.

Jack Reacher is an awesome thriller. The film has allot of guns... sniper shooting 5 people, loads of shootouts etc… The hand to hand violence is fairly moderate . Even though the bbfc gave the movie a 15 cert, you would expect blood but there isn't any which pulls down my viewing age recommendation. Also swearing is infrequent despite one F word, the language isn't too strong e.g.. bi*** and the s word - never used frequently. The threat is quite strong with a character saying "bite your fingers off" which is actually attempted. If you are the right age, you will love Jack Reacher. Totally unmissable.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytruetomovies April 12, 2014

just bad

it was so boaring, I think I fell asleep through it, I cant even remember the point of the story. don't bother
Teen, 14 years old Written bygree43 March 16, 2014

Good but really intense.

Its a good movie, but I was grinding my teeth the first time I saw it. even though its not gory, its one of those "do whatever we want off-screen type of movies". Overall, a decent action flick.
Adult Written bycrusader666 February 24, 2014

Not a great movie; very violent!

Wasn't sure Tom Cruise (at five-seven) would pull it off but he did okay playing Jack Reacher (six-five, 200+ pounds) and carried the movie, which otherwise was mediocre. Lots of camera-angle tricks helped with his lack of height and it appears Cruise spent some time at the gym getting his upper body buff because his bare chest appeared to be hard as a rock in the movie, which is good for someone his age. As generally happens when books are turned into movies, fans of Jack Reacher will probably be disappointed. I am not a Reacher fan, but did read "The Killing Floor" (Book 1) and "One Shot" (Book 9), the latter of which this movie is based on, prior to watching the movie. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but the movie was a far cry from the characters Lee Child created in his books. According to news reports, Tom Cruise owns the rights to ALL Jack Reacher novels, so he will run the show (with Paula Wagner). In this first Reacher movie, more time should have been spent including characters from the book that are left out in lieu of the cheesy what-seemed-to-be-30-minute car chase, that is for sure! What amazes me is that the John Grisham movies (which the author claims to have little if any involvement in) are much closer to the books he wrote than most movies that are based on other books I have read. Not sure why that is, but there isn't one "mediocre" Grisham movie, to date; they all rock! Hopefully Cruise/Wagner Productions will pay attention to some of the criticism so future Reacher movies they make will be closer to the story told by the author.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014

Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Fairly good

Brutal violence but not gory at all. Bad guy is cheesy otherwise I would give it 4 stars. Brief sexual stuff. One F word and some other language. Somewhat interesting storyline.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAhiena7 June 18, 2013

Awesome

My whole family watched this (ages 9, 11, 14, 17 and parents). I totally loved it. It was awesome. It's pretty clean except for the lady at the beginning and the language which don't disturb Me since I'm fluent in it. The violence was mild (I wish it was more violence.). But it was a great movie
Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2013

Jack Reacher

Jack Reacher is a decent movie. There is quite a bit of action but it can be confusing. It has some pretty intense violence, especially at the beggining when a sniper shoots innocent people. There is also a few f-words and s-words, and a little bit of blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysam varma January 25, 2013

nothing grerat

mysterious.... gets you stuck to the movie till the end but iis forgettable and nothing great
Kid, 9 years old January 16, 2013

Me and my dad chose this between "The Impossible", and "Zero Dark Thirty."

Me and my dad Had to choose between these films: "The Impossible", "Zero Dark Thirty", and this. We chose this because dad didn't think "Zero Dark Thirty was appropriate and "The Impossible" didn't fit our schedule. Language: "Sh*t" "F*ck" is used once, "B*tch". Violence: A lot of fighting and shooting, there is a sequence of torture for nothing that a 13/14 year old can't stand. Jack Reacher is a good role-model for kids who wanna become detectives.