All member reviews for Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa

Slightly less offensive Jackass movie with more heart.

Parent Written byronwi October 27, 2013

Harmless Humor, Fine for 12 and Up

Lots of harmless crude jokes - at a very juvenile level, perfect for mature 12 year olds and up. Also some good old-fashioned slapstick humor. It's stuff they already joke about with their friends, and given the antics are by an 86 year old there is no danger of kids emulating what they see. My 12 year old laughed pretty steadily for the entire movie. And he has no desire to do anything depicted in the movie. After writing this review, I went to look at the Dutch movie rating site. I find the Dutch age ratings to be more in touch with the SF Bay Area sensibility where I live (the MPAA ratings being way conservative.) The Dutch also rated it as OK for 12 year-olds. Unfortunately there is some filter software that does not allow me to post the URL of the Dutch site. If you search for Kijkwijzer you will find it.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMrPaglia October 27, 2013

Funny "Bad Grandpa" needs a cold shower

If you don't mind the language, the comedy is hilarious. Having said that, if you have trouble talking to your kids about sex, PLEASE don't take any child under the age of 15 to see this, particularly if you've never had "the talk" with them. Johnny Knoxville's character is on a mission to find female companionship (to put it nicely!) throughout the entire movie. He also flashes a prosthetic penis and testicles at two different points in the movie. The scene of Knoxville's character inside an urban bar, where male strippers are pretty much completely naked, was both uproariously funny and somewhat troubling to watch. The movie itself kept me laughing from start to finish, but be aware that sexuality and inuendo also permeate the movie throughout.
Kid, 9 years old October 27, 2013

Really good but kinda raunchy

I'm nine and I watched it but I don't think its good for kids ages under 11. Besides sex, its okay for people to see
Educator and Parent Written byHertzel Goldberg December 5, 2015

Hertzel Golberg

Being a religious jewish mother, I find that protecting my kids from godforsaken stuff on the internet is chorribly hard! Not only did I love this movie, but I watched it with my Rabbi and he loved it too!!! Best wishes to Rabbi Steinstein and sorry about the fact that your mother died, she is with God now, I wish the best for her!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 February 1, 2014

Not what I was expecting

So I am a huge Jackass fan, and couldn't wait to see this movie, but when I did I was surprised by the fact it wasn't like a normal Jackass movie at all. There was actually a real story and a little bit of heart which the exact opposite of any other Jackass film. Anyways there is still some crude and raunchy humor mixed in, but it doesn't equal up to any of the other films. The film has some nudity that is fake, and made for laughs and all of the male gender, however there is one scene where a man's real butt is seen close-up and has a small type cover on his genitals. There are some uses of the word F*** but is surprisingly very infrequent. There are some violent stunts, but are mainly slapstick unlike the others. To me this movie was over rated this movie.
Kid, 10 years old March 26, 2014

Okay.

Okay I watched the movie. It is halarious! But it does show sexual themes. Tons of cuss words that I'm not allowed to say. It shows parts where it shows a p****.
Teen, 13 years old Written byComedyguy929 March 26, 2014

Less offensive than the the Jackass movies

This movie is funny and less offensive. The stunts are not disgusting. But most 13 year olds can handle this. Even though there is one part where the old man has sex with a vending machine and his rubber penis is shown, the joke will go over your tween/teens heads. As for the language, kids will hear it a lot. But the movie has plenty of heart and its funny, so give it a try.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 October 27, 2013

Funny, but not hilarious comedy

They tried a little too hard with the story
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2014

Horrible movie

Worst movie ever!
Teen, 13 years old Written byprupru3853 November 4, 2013

Bad Grandpa- For Kids?

There are a few sexually provocative scenes, and some drinking. There is some sexual terms and bad language, and joking violence. However, If you think your kid can handle this, I recommend it!
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 November 2, 2014

Jackass brings you...exactly what you expect!

Not to say that that's a bad thing! But if you're at all familiar with the shenanigans Johnny Knoxville and his crew pull, you'll find no surprises in "Bad Grandpa." The one things that burdens this film with otherwise very funny sketches (one featuring little boy Billy had me gasping for air) is the fact that Jackass was going for a coherent storyline. Why? Are you adding intellectuality to a movie where a man gets his privates stuck in a vending machine? They should've stuck to their wheelhouse with this one, because when it's not weighed down with weirdly sentimental moments, this film has a lot of really great gags.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThomasLovesCinema November 30, 2013

Not a smart comedy, but still being pretty cool.

Well, a pretty cool movie to calm down and have a good laugh. Sure, it has some strong crude content , but it's the kind of movie to do not take it serious. It's incredible how Johnny Knoxville still surprising us with all kinds of new stuff. Well, It's a movie to watch a boring sunday and have a good time, this a mix of slapstick and crude sexual content!. Such a funny little movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byesoccer7 November 17, 2013

Its allright, has some funny scenes

This movie, as soon i saw the trailer, sounded too good to be true. and it was. Kind of. It doesn't really have a real plot so it kinda makes you feel disappointed and not satisfied at the end. The grandpa does say some iffy things, nothing kids havent heard at school. parents , if your kid is in middle school, he swears. all his friends swear too. he might seem like the sweetest kid ever, but believe me. Im 15 all the kids on my soccer team swear. i counted. even most girls do. so language isnt really that bad. i can understand though that sexuality may be a problem. in one scene the grandpa goes to a strip club. there is a man there wearing nothing but a sparkly green thing on his thing. he does sexual things. then the grandpa (who is an actor really) takes his pants off and his fake ballsack hangs out of his underwear. another scene you can see his fake penis stretched out.
Parent Written byJohn Prevley December 5, 2015

Fine for kids

Don't get what the fuss is about, this movie is fine!
Adult Written byfonzieg April 3, 2015

Funniest Jackass movie yet, and also has a lot of heart!

A Jackass movie with a plot, that is a once in a lifetime event! Bad Grandpa is the best and funniest Jackass movie yet! It has hilarious pranks, gags, and has a heartfelt story! If you're looking for a funny comedy, look no further than Bad Grandpa!
Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2014

Bad Grandpa Review

I believe Bad Grandpa had two inappropriate parts that show naked guy and privates that is inappropriate for me, and kids under 12. It has a lot of language, it also has consumerism (not a problem to me) and the kid makes a joke about drinking. But... This movie is really really funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissohsofabulous October 7, 2014

Ehh..

To be honest, this movie was a bit disappointing in all areas. The movie had a weak storyline and a lot of the drugs, drinking and sex was unnecessary. With the way this movie was produced they use about a dozen actors for the whole movie and the rest are just regular unaware people. The actors go out and pretend to be regular citizens but really the pranks have been thought out. They all do inappropriate deeds both sexual and all around mature to try and make the normal people react as much as possible. The pros are that the film captures regular responses that are not set up. As for the cons, well.. due to the fact that the movie contains real people, the producers need to use hidden cameras, small and of a poor quality. Most of the movie is very grainy with bad camera angles, meaning you don't get a close look at the situation - most of the time. I don't know if above even made sense, it sounded okay to me. The movie does have its peaks with some real laughs but like I said before the details of the storyline is below average. For age, well it depends on the viewer. This is from a 13 year old girl so keep in mind I'm still young and inexperienced. I believe that if a mature 13 or even 12 year old were to watch it it would be acceptable. Just to stay safe though I would recommend the parent to watch it first to give further permission to their child. That's what my parents did and we all happily agreed on the idea. Rate my review if it helped! :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bywillman72 November 28, 2013

kids wont understand

most kids wont understand this movie anyway as it has adult homour all over it
Teen, 17 years old Written byletztalkmoveez November 17, 2013

He's bad, but not bad enough to be funny.

I laughed, but not nearly enough, and -- once again for the Tremaine team -- it wasn't earned.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytvlover97 November 4, 2013

better than the jackass movies

ok so last weekend I saw 2 movies, and call me crazy, I thought this one was better than Free Birds. but there is a lot of innaproprete stuff in it. like when Grandpa(Johnny Knoxville) has his fake junk stuck in a vending machine and the eight year old co star calls a hot lady a stripper. and the language is so overused! overall, take your older teens to see this movie