All member reviews for James and the Giant Peach

Fabulous adaptation of Roald Dahl's classic book.

Adult Written bymamarx2 April 9, 2008

I left the room...

This movie is crazy. My mother bought it for my kids, and the oldest left the room and my youngest had nightmares that night. The violent tendencies of the two Aunts is disturbing. The animation was clearly last century. I don't recommend this movie to anyone.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 February 2, 2011

Great Kids Movie!!!!!!!

I love this movie. It is great for kids. A lot of frightening situations. One use of ass. The centipede is usually scene smoking an object that looks like a cigar.
Teen, 13 years old Written byliligirl123 May 17, 2010

Good Movie

It was an over-all good movie, and really good. If your child is easily scared, you should not watch this, due to some "scary" creatures.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byAndyB6 March 13, 2010
Kid, 10 years old April 10, 2013

This movie is mostly appropriate, but boring

This is appropriate exempt for the fact they use a bad word and the aunts smoke. I think it's a little creepy and odd. I got bored really quickly, it's sad and not that good. Overall it wasn't a great a great movie. Nope, not at all.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySoccercrazyteen August 28, 2009

Bad Movie

I first saw this movie when I was 6 and it scared me! I had nightmares for a long time. I recently saw it again and It isn't a must see for the family at all. The guardians of James are mean, the story line is uninteresting, there are creepy stuff in it, and it didn't teach me anything!
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2012

JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH

disappointing movie is 3x worse than the book
Kid, 9 years old December 14, 2010

On for 7+

This is a good book. My teacher read it to us. They say three bad words. It is a--. They use it three times.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2009

I watched this when i was about 7 years old and those aunts were really creepy for me! I watched it again and I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 26, 2012

good for 9 and up

cute, entertaining and a great family movie
Kid, 8 years old October 20, 2011

Not very bad

Not very bad but it's O.K.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 July 30, 2011

A Peachy Cartoon For The Whole Family

A visually stunning but sometimes scary movie. Violence- Early in the movie an angry rhinoceros eats James parents (off screen) Aunt Spiker and Sponge threaten to abuse him for literally no just reason. Scary Images- Ghost pirates may startle children, but one looks like Jack Skellington from the Nightmare Before Christmas and the other looks like Donald Duck. (So if your kids are scared say "Look there's Jack and Donald") The climax with the rhino is scary. One scene involves a nightmare when James is being chased by his aunts who attempt to kill him with bug spray. Language- the A-word is briefly said. Smoking- Centipede smokes a cigar.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

the movie is good. but when i watched the movie as a kid the insect characters scared me and as did the movie in parts.
Adult Written bymomma of 2 April 9, 2008

disappointing

My kids and I loved the book, but the movie is a disappointment. The filmed sequences are ok, but the animation is crude. But the worst part is that they changed the story so much and took all the fun out of it. We watched it once and I'll donate it to the library. My kids have no interest in ever seeing it again.
Teen, 13 years old Written byenisayoung August 22, 2013

ok but na

its ok for 8 year olds but young shoulde'n
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bybfsmjanzen August 30, 2010

Perfect for 8 and up, but not for sensitive 6 yos or younger.

Roald Dahl in his usual funny, extreme writing style comes out clearly in this movie, but what is fine left to the imagination of young children becomes more extreme, more scary, more disturbing when seen in this movie. There were details in the imagery that my 6 year old would never have imagined himself and feel does not need to see. He is sensitive so I skipped over the very beginning and then had to skip the whole part with the aunties because of how evil the skinny aunt was. Otherwise, fun and entertaining. My 8 yo loved it.
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2010

James and the Giant Fail

This was an ok movie, but it just worked out way too well. I can't really remember the movie, but I remember that I was kind've bored by it.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 14, 2010

I love this movie. It has good messages. I like it. Its a fun movie. I would like common sense to change the messages face from sad to happy because it's positive messages, not negative messages. I don't like some people because they're so dopey and crazy about somethings. i recommeded it.
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2010

ANY AGE

ok, seriously! not apropriate for 6 yr olds??? Seriously!!!! so there is some yelling! kids will see yelling. there is no violence, no swearing, no sex talk! it is a giant PEACH for lords sake'!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypuppyest08 April 9, 2008

Clever and cute

Great for younger children but might lose interest of children over 10.