All member reviews for Joyful Noise

Uplifting but cliched film has great songs, bland story.

Teen, 14 years old Written byliltrout February 5, 2012

Outstanding!

I actually went to see this with a friend who had been dying to see this movie. Going into it, I had no intentions of seeing I just went with my friend just being a good friend and what not. At first, I didn't really like it only because in the back of my mind I knew I didn't want to be here. But the part that brought me into the movie was the singing. The main character, Keke Palmer started to sing Man in the Mirror and I blew me away! Throughout the whole movie, the singing was outstanding which also had a lot to do with the plot which made it one of the best movies I have had seen in a longtime! Other then the music, the Chemistry and message was what else really brought the movie together. This movie was no typical movie, it was defiantly one that really stood out to me.
Parent Written byswaterfield February 3, 2012

Cute, uplifting movie

Overall an uplifting movie. My only big complaint was the sexual innuendos and relationships were more than I expected. The role models and message presented were great.
Kid, 11 years old March 24, 2013

12 & Over, this will be your new fave movie

I am completely in love with this movie!! The rating says 10, I think 10 year olds are waaaayyy to immature for this movie. It shows some violence between the boys, some extreme kissing scenes and quite a few swear words. Other than that, this movie is a must watch!
Adult Written bysnowangel00 February 12, 2012

good movie

Good movie over all but there is a LOT of language in it.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byafenrick January 13, 2012

PG-13 rating meant R-rated previews

I took three 9 year old girls to see this movie tonight. The language was a bit course and some of the sexual innuendo was inappropriate but overall they all enjoyed it and I didn't think it was too much for them. However, the previews shown at the theater were exceedingly inappropriate including hot steamy sex scenes and extreme violence. The previews were so bad that I considered leaving before Joyful Noise even started. I can only conclude that the previews were deemed "acceptable" because the were attached to a PG-13 movie. Parents be warned: get to the theater a bit late.
Parent Written byCDavison January 30, 2012

Although there were some positive scenes, there were a lot of rauncy scenes as well. The implied message was that sex before marriage is fine and showed a scene the next morning of two people from the choir who slept together and the man is dead the next morning. There was also bad language throughout the movie. It seemed like Hollywood's version of a Christian movie. I would suggest watching a movie like Courageous, now that has good Christian message!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 January 14, 2012

Really inappopriate trailer...not that bad

This movie is very sexual for a PG-13, but is not anything else. Just cover your kids eyes for a few parts. Great message! Fun songs!
Teen, 15 years old Written byiloveyouthewayyouare April 18, 2012

Review from a point of a kid

I think it sends a positive message saying that you have a voice and that if you try you can always win. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byGoolsfold January 19, 2012

13 plus

One violent brawl scene with bloody results, a scene where two people are seen making out, and lots of language, like sh*t, b*tch, p*issed, a*s, hell, and d*mn. But there are positive messages and role models.
Parent Written byjagiann1005 January 15, 2012

You will enjoy it

I thought movie was good and my daughter who is 12 yrs old enjoyed it as well. Had just a few instances of foul language, but nothing she has not heard before. It reminds you of the movie Sister Act very much.
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2012

Love it!

OMG! I love this movie! I love the relationship with Olivia and Randy. Really sweet. There is a fight scene. But is not hat bad from what I've seen in other movies. Something that I don't think you have to worry y about with only 10 or 11 years olds and up watching this movie. There is a couple that has just feel in love and are living together. And he dies from "high blood pressure." And I think everyone knows why he died from high blood pressure. Because she went to him in bed and he was naked...Anyway I loved the movie! Not good for younger children because of language, teenage love, and sexual references.
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2012

Funny

Pretty Good could of had a little more oomph Funny
Kid, 10 years old February 4, 2012

Oh my freaking god!

Best movie ever only iffy parts where the fight where some kid gets kicked in the groin and the kids singing I'm N luv (wit a stripper) by t pain but still cool flix
Parent Written bydorakay January 22, 2012

Loud musical disrespectful movie

Not at all what I expected. No need for sex and bad language but it is there anyway. Choir members having sex is disgusting.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byBeachDayMama January 19, 2012

Joyful Music, Unnecessary profanity

The music is fantastic. The two leads have parallel storylines of love and loss. A positive is love is color blind between several of the couples in the story. This would have been a much better movie on the ears without the numerous curse words that made me cringe. There's also a dramatic scene where the mom slaps the daughter in the face. Ouch! Cringe! The morning after scene and the running gag about it weren't necessary as well and did not fit in with a Christian choir. The soundtrack would be nice to have, but I won't rent this when it comes out for my tween to view again.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjesusteen July 20, 2013

Horrible

The only good think about this movie was Jeremy Jordan. It's a simple as that. The music was good, but the plot was just so terrible.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 June 10, 2012

joyful noise is really good

this is really good and inspring
Teen, 15 years old Written byccbluebonnet June 2, 2012

Repulsive

I don't know where these people got "great message" from this movie. The only "messages" I got from this movie were a) disrespect your parents as much as possible, especially if it means getting your way and b) you have to give in to peer pressure in order to win or be popular. And that boy Randy was absolutely repulsive. He never joined the choir to praise God. The only reason he even joined the choir was so that he could eventually get into Olivia's pants. At several points, he was pressuring Olivia to go against her mother, and to go out and party with him. His grandmother was no better! During one scene, she encourages Olivia to also go against her mother and "make him see her like a woman." What sensible, respectable adult encourages a 16 year old child to "act like a woman" in order to get the man? Is this seriously supposed to be considered a Christian movie about a Christian choir? I hope not, because I have lost all respect for this entire production. Please, if you value your morals at all, DO NOT see this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatie <3 May 29, 2012

A little Boring

Good family movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCasey14 March 25, 2012

Me!

Boring. Dissapointing movie sucks and bores me.