All teen and kid member reviews for Joyful Noise

Teen, 14 years old Written byliltrout February 5, 2012

Outstanding!

I actually went to see this with a friend who had been dying to see this movie. Going into it, I had no intentions of seeing I just went with my friend just being a good friend and what not. At first, I didn't really like it only because in the back of my mind I knew I didn't want to be here. But the part that brought me into the movie was the singing. The main character, Keke Palmer started to sing Man in the Mirror and I blew me away! Throughout the whole movie, the singing was outstanding which also had a lot to do with the plot which made it one of the best movies I have had seen in a longtime! Other then the music, the Chemistry and message was what else really brought the movie together. This movie was no typical movie, it was defiantly one that really stood out to me.
Kid, 11 years old March 24, 2013

12 & Over, this will be your new fave movie

I am completely in love with this movie!! The rating says 10, I think 10 year olds are waaaayyy to immature for this movie. It shows some violence between the boys, some extreme kissing scenes and quite a few swear words. Other than that, this movie is a must watch!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 January 14, 2012

Really inappopriate trailer...not that bad

This movie is very sexual for a PG-13, but is not anything else. Just cover your kids eyes for a few parts. Great message! Fun songs!
Teen, 15 years old Written byiloveyouthewayyouare April 18, 2012

Review from a point of a kid

I think it sends a positive message saying that you have a voice and that if you try you can always win. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byGoolsfold January 19, 2012

13 plus

One violent brawl scene with bloody results, a scene where two people are seen making out, and lots of language, like sh*t, b*tch, p*issed, a*s, hell, and d*mn. But there are positive messages and role models.
Teen, 13 years old Written byironkid21 November 16, 2012

Joyful Mess

This movie looked funny and sweet and touching and all but it was seriously all over the place. The script doesn't even deserve a plot. The whole plot with the lady and her "lover" that passed away could've easily been cut out. Not just that the movie is just boring. The cast including Queen Latifah, Dolly Parton, and Nickelodeon star Keke Palmer do their best but they deserve better. 9+
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2012

Love it!

OMG! I love this movie! I love the relationship with Olivia and Randy. Really sweet. There is a fight scene. But is not hat bad from what I've seen in other movies. Something that I don't think you have to worry y about with only 10 or 11 years olds and up watching this movie. There is a couple that has just feel in love and are living together. And he dies from "high blood pressure." And I think everyone knows why he died from high blood pressure. Because she went to him in bed and he was naked...Anyway I loved the movie! Not good for younger children because of language, teenage love, and sexual references.
Kid, 10 years old February 4, 2012

Oh my freaking god!

Best movie ever only iffy parts where the fight where some kid gets kicked in the groin and the kids singing I'm N luv (wit a stripper) by t pain but still cool flix
Teen, 14 years old Written byjesusteen July 20, 2013

Horrible

The only good think about this movie was Jeremy Jordan. It's a simple as that. The music was good, but the plot was just so terrible.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 June 10, 2012

joyful noise is really good

this is really good and inspring
Teen, 15 years old Written byccbluebonnet June 2, 2012

Repulsive

I don't know where these people got "great message" from this movie. The only "messages" I got from this movie were a) disrespect your parents as much as possible, especially if it means getting your way and b) you have to give in to peer pressure in order to win or be popular. And that boy Randy was absolutely repulsive. He never joined the choir to praise God. The only reason he even joined the choir was so that he could eventually get into Olivia's pants. At several points, he was pressuring Olivia to go against her mother, and to go out and party with him. His grandmother was no better! During one scene, she encourages Olivia to also go against her mother and "make him see her like a woman." What sensible, respectable adult encourages a 16 year old child to "act like a woman" in order to get the man? Is this seriously supposed to be considered a Christian movie about a Christian choir? I hope not, because I have lost all respect for this entire production. Please, if you value your morals at all, DO NOT see this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatie <3 May 29, 2012

A little Boring

Good family movie!
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2012

Funny

Pretty Good could of had a little more oomph Funny
Teen, 15 years old Written byCasey14 March 25, 2012

Me!

Boring. Dissapointing movie sucks and bores me.
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2012

Joyful Noise

This was much better than I expected. There was 1 fight scene. A major plot point is that Olivia is secretly dating Randy. Cussing is infrequent, but is concentrated in about 3 scenes. Overall, this is a somewhat PG movie, but was rated PG13 due to language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byprincesslily January 30, 2012

eh

i just got really bored i couple minutes in i wouldn't want to see it again but the music was good