All member reviews for Jumanji

Some thrills, but may be too much for little ones.

Adult Written byDr.Pepper January 16, 2010

One of the best

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen. The only main concern is that it might be a bit intense for really young children. Also there is some very mild swearing (One use of "h#ll" and "d@mn" each)
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2010

Fine movie but SCARY SPIDER AND BUGS!!!!

The movie, in my opinion, is fine. Adventurous but will be scary for the really young kids. There was a spider and huge bugs in there, so if your child is scared of seeing spiders or big bugs like me, skip that part of the movie or don't watch it.
Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2010

Really Good!!!!

Jumanji is really good!!!!!!!! It is funny and it is quite entertaining. It is a good family movie, and I would watch it again. It is GREAT!!!!!!!!
Parent Written byNish_x October 6, 2012

Implicit Message

I was more concerned about the relationship between Alan and his father, and the tragic outcome of a family destroyed, a child who lost his parents and parents who lost their child and their own lifes ended with the tragedy. On top of all that, the story about the father killing his own child. In the present time, the girl, portrayed by Kristen Dunst, was a compulsive liar who even joked about how her parents were killed. We are sensitive people and, as much as I loved the movie -I watched as a grown up, when I had no children- I was myself pretty affected. We are movie fans and love to immenrse ourselves into the story, mood, images, etc. So I was wondering if I am just too impressionable or if there are more parents sharing my feelings. Most reviews I have read are more concerned with inappropriate language and scary creatures.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bydandy June 3, 2010

My kids think this movie is gross!

Violence. Here and there. One kid gets beat up in the beginning. I don't want my kids watching this crap! Language= d**n, and h**l. Violence= cars crash, guns, and stampedes. Not that many kisses only 2. But my kids still love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 28, 2009

I realize my account name could make ppl believe

to think "Jumanji's" my fav movie. It was, up until I saw "Forrest Gump," which is now my current fav. Also I watched "Jumanji" again after making this new account, (my old account on here was also "jumanji-lover" but with a hyphen) and realized it wasn't AS good as I remembered, but it's still a classic tween movie in my book. I love all the action, but always cover my eyes during the ENORMOUS tarantulas scene.
Parent of a 5 and 6 year old Written byRadyal12@atlas.cz February 16, 2009
Parent Written byerinw2 October 26, 2014
Parent Written byRJD76 November 7, 2011

Good but not for young kids

There is a scene in which Bonnie Hunt's charater (who was a little girl when Robin William's character was sucked into the game as a boy) talks about how she can't believe he is alive because he was really chopped up into little pieces by his father.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek97 April 17, 2010

An all around good movie, might be to scarry for little kids

this is an AWSOME movie that the whole family will enjoy. there is a little bit of violence but not realy strong, it might be too scarry for small kids
Kid, 7 years old August 17, 2009
i love it!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bysecret lady June 4, 2014

jumanji the most adventurous movie

its an immensely good for young adventurous children...
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

good movie!

i watched this movie when i was a little kid and i loved it.
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2009

great

some violence
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 June 17, 2009

One of the best children's movies ever!

Fantastic movie!! Very clever; now I want to rent it again!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 2, 2009

Best Fantasy film ever!

This film has a very original plot about a magical and possibly eveil board game. This film has action, thrills, and good actors like Kirsten Dunst. I loved it.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byvictoria88nz September 2, 2015

Great movie

Both my girls age 4 & 6 loved this movie and watched it over and over again.. However I watched it with them the first time as there are a few scenes that a child could find frightening.. It really depends on the child.. I Ioved this movie as a child myself.
Kid, 12 years old February 10, 2015

Jumanji Review

Jumanji is a family friendly movie that includes, action, adventure, and laughter! I think that this movie was great and fun. It has the one and only Robin Williams! He is great in all his movies! The movie starts off with Robin Williams as a kid and he gets bullied. It has great animation for its age. But now in 2015 it's not that good. The best part (for me) was when all the animals started to run out of the house! The least favorite part (for me) was when the monkeys ran out of the house. The animation was not that great for me. The monkeys were not very realistic looking. Lastly, the movie was great and fun to watch over and over!
Adult Written byAmaBout January 14, 2015

the movie is good for those kids that are not overly easily scared

i think the movie is great and i use to watch it when i was 9 and 10 but i don't recommend it to kids under 8 because of the man who shoots at people and the herds of animals running wild...
Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2014

Commonsense has no commonsense

this review is one of the most accurate reviews on this site, but damn is heard only once if ever. hell is used once. oh, and only 3 stars? this movie is great!