All member reviews for Jumanji

Some thrills, but may be too much for little ones.

Adult Written byDr.Pepper January 16, 2010

One of the best

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen. The only main concern is that it might be a bit intense for really young children. Also there is some very mild swearing (One use of "h#ll" and "d@mn" each)
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2010

Fine movie but SCARY SPIDER AND BUGS!!!!

The movie, in my opinion, is fine. Adventurous but will be scary for the really young kids. There was a spider and huge bugs in there, so if your child is scared of seeing spiders or big bugs like me, skip that part of the movie or don't watch it.
Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2010

Really Good!!!!

Jumanji is really good!!!!!!!! It is funny and it is quite entertaining. It is a good family movie, and I would watch it again. It is GREAT!!!!!!!!
Parent Written byNish_x October 6, 2012

Implicit Message

I was more concerned about the relationship between Alan and his father, and the tragic outcome of a family destroyed, a child who lost his parents and parents who lost their child and their own lifes ended with the tragedy. On top of all that, the story about the father killing his own child. In the present time, the girl, portrayed by Kristen Dunst, was a compulsive liar who even joked about how her parents were killed. We are sensitive people and, as much as I loved the movie -I watched as a grown up, when I had no children- I was myself pretty affected. We are movie fans and love to immenrse ourselves into the story, mood, images, etc. So I was wondering if I am just too impressionable or if there are more parents sharing my feelings. Most reviews I have read are more concerned with inappropriate language and scary creatures.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bydandy June 3, 2010

My kids think this movie is gross!

Violence. Here and there. One kid gets beat up in the beginning. I don't want my kids watching this crap! Language= d**n, and h**l. Violence= cars crash, guns, and stampedes. Not that many kisses only 2. But my kids still love it!
Parent Written byRJD76 November 7, 2011

Good but not for young kids

There is a scene in which Bonnie Hunt's charater (who was a little girl when Robin William's character was sucked into the game as a boy) talks about how she can't believe he is alive because he was really chopped up into little pieces by his father.
Kid, 7 years old August 17, 2009
i love it!!!!
Parent Written byerinw2 October 26, 2014
Teen, 17 years old Written bysecret lady June 4, 2014

jumanji the most adventurous movie

its an immensely good for young adventurous children...
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek97 April 17, 2010

An all around good movie, might be to scarry for little kids

this is an AWSOME movie that the whole family will enjoy. there is a little bit of violence but not realy strong, it might be too scarry for small kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 28, 2009

I realize my account name could make ppl believe

to think "Jumanji's" my fav movie. It was, up until I saw "Forrest Gump," which is now my current fav. Also I watched "Jumanji" again after making this new account, (my old account on here was also "jumanji-lover" but with a hyphen) and realized it wasn't AS good as I remembered, but it's still a classic tween movie in my book. I love all the action, but always cover my eyes during the ENORMOUS tarantulas scene.
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 June 17, 2009

One of the best children's movies ever!

Fantastic movie!! Very clever; now I want to rent it again!
Parent of a 5 and 6 year old Written February 16, 2009
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

good movie!

i watched this movie when i was a little kid and i loved it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byink January 22, 2010
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2009

some violence
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 2, 2009

Best Fantasy film ever!

This film has a very original plot about a magical and possibly eveil board game. This film has action, thrills, and good actors like Kirsten Dunst. I loved it.
Kid, 11 years old September 10, 2015

Not as great as anticipated.

This movie isn't as awesome as it seems. The story is really creative, but the directors focused more on great special effects( which don't disappoint, by the way.) But I feel like it needs more on story. Also, this movie is WAY too scary for kids under 8 years old. So if you expect a fun adventure, just be warned, it's scary and not that fun.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byvictoria88nz September 2, 2015

Great movie

Both my girls age 4 & 6 loved this movie and watched it over and over again.. However I watched it with them the first time as there are a few scenes that a child could find frightening.. It really depends on the child.. I Ioved this movie as a child myself.
Educator and Parent Written byTweter2 August 22, 2015

My kids were scared...

My 10 and 7 year olds started watching the movie per my recommendation, but got scared and turned it off. They were afraid that night to sleep. They reported it was too intense. (This rarely happens.)