All member reviews for Jurassic Park

Terrifyingly realistic dinos run amok in sci-fi landmark.

Parent of a 6, 12, and 15 year old Written bycab87670 November 27, 2010

A great time for kids of all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byskinner2 May 2, 2010

Very good.
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2010

very violent movie is very good
Parent of a 5, 10, and 13 year old Written byshadowfc September 30, 2009

Just rewatched this "classic" with my teen. My 13 year old heard about this movie and asked to see it. After previewing it, I let her watch it. Concerns? Not many. One "S" bomb when Steve Gutenburg sees an actual pile of dino dung... meant for comic effect. There are some very dangerous and tense situations. Kids in the movie are in constant peril. There are a couple of scenes to be aware of - a man in the beginning of the movie is eaten by a dinosaur in a violent fashion, as is the lawyer eaten off the commode mid-movie (classic scene I'm sure you remember). The latter is violently tossed around before being consumed. Two other adults are killed - presumably - since the movie doesn't show their demise. There is one bloody arm of Samuel L Jackson displayed, but overall there's not much blood at all. Overall, the velociraptors chasing the kids around probably bothered my teen the most. She still talks about how scary it was today, even though they didn't actually catch the kids. Overall, this was a good movie to introduce my 13 year old into "Thrillers" without too much adult content. I'll have to review the sequels to see if they are equally as appropriate.
Adult Written bykjs213 May 19, 2011

Where's the flag about smoking?

I like this movie. I still wouldn't allow younger children to watch it though as it can be rather violent. My main concern though is that CSM didn't flag the chain smoking one of the main characters engages in while under stress. Not a good example if your child is highly impressionable.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 12, 2011

Goes right over kids heads

I remember seeing this when I was little and I loved it. Then when I saw it later on I realized it was violent and scary. There is a part when a woman feels an arm on her then she turns around and realizes it is an arm that has been ripped off. This bit is a jump scene. All this went right over my head when I was 7. Great movie.
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2010

awsome

awsome;
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 9, 2010

Scary, gory dino thriller is for teens and up

This film is definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it already. It may not be your new favorite movie, but it should entertain for a good two hours. Parents: There's lots of terror, violence, and gore, including dismemberment, plus some salty language. What I would have rated it: PG-13 for Sequences of Sci-Fi Terror, Violence and Gore. Bottom Line: Very entertaining for what it is. I recommend it! It's a classic! Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Person Guy May 19, 2011

Very good! There is some swearing, mostly d*mn, hell, and b**ch and s**t (which are only said once) Alot of the movie is suspenseful and intense, where realistic dinosaurs chase people. Only 2 bloody parts, a mans severed arm falls on a lady and a goats leg suddenly lands on a car. Ok for 10 and up
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2009

i love jurassic park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome movie one of my favorite. The violence was not that bad but that all depends on how old you are and how you handle violence.A lot of people get eaten.But there is not that much blood except for some scratches on some of the main characters.A jeep is puched around by a t rex and that is the most freeky part.That do say a lot of bad words in this movie.But this movie is one of the best movies ever made!!!!
Adult Written bygarfield2711 April 9, 2008

A Grusesome Great Instant Classic

This movie is really great but it's violent. It includes 5 deaths by dinosaurs and a disembodied arm.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Fantastic!

Jurassic Park is quite possibly Steven Spielberg's best film, and one of my favorite movies in general. Although the movie isn't too scary for older kids: there are two very intense scenes: when the T-Rex attacks the kids in the Jeep and playing hide and seek with raptors in a dark kitchen. I loved this movie, and what CSM said about Jaws being better was total crap. Jaws was good, but didn't craft suspense as well, and I personally don't remember the characters in Jaws, so they obviously weren't very memorable. Anyways, Jurassic Park is a great movie and I highly recommend it.
Adult Written byJuggernaut93 May 4, 2011

Good for anyone 10 and up.

This movie is a work of art, and nothing less. It is a good thriller-type movie, that is surprisingly family-friendly. Violence wise, it's quite tame. There is almost no blood. In one scene, a man is eaten by a T-Rex, but he is swallowed in one bite, and there is no blood. Perhaps the bloodiest scene of the movie is one part where a female character feels a hand on her shoulder, then turns around and realizes it isn't attached to anyone, apparently ripped off by dinosaurs. There is a small amount of blood on the severed arm. As for language, it's typical mild PG words, like h***, d***, and in one case, s***. There is no sexual content whatsoever. All in all, if you have a kid that loves dinosaurs, or just want a good non-gory monster-thriller flick, they don't come better than Jurassic Park. Although you may want to turn down the volume during the dinosaur chase scenes, as this is when cursing usually occurs.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 May 10, 2011

An amazing take on sci-fi and the elements of Frankenstein

I first saw this when I was 3 years old, soon after I saw "The Land Before Time". Okay, so when I was 3 I had no concept of fear. I just thought dinosaurs were friggen awesome. However, after watching this at age 18, I was like "woah! I actually watched this before I even started kindergarten???" The movie is amazing, and you do actually learn about dinosaurs and DNA and a bunch of other things that will fly over kid's heads. But every child who loves dinosaurs should see this. ------------------------------PRAISES------------------------------- I really liked how all-appealing this movie is. When I was young, i just liked seeing dinosaurs run rampant and roar and beat each other up. Now that I'm an adult, I actually was able to pick up on a TON, and i do mean A TON of deep, though-provoking messages. The last time I saw this movie, not counting the fact I just saw it again 15 minutes ago, I was only 10 years old. Even at that age, I didn't see any of the subliminal messages. Children will be thoroughly entertained by the mere idea of resurrected dinosaurs, while teens and adults will be asking themselves, in light of the growing technology, "Should we even attempt this?". ---------------------------------CONCERNS----------------------- This movie IS violent. Their is only two parts where you actually "see" something. 1. you see a goat leg fly onto a car 2. you see the arm of a man fall onto a woman (the rest of the man was eaten). That is it. As for other violent moments, you see people getting dragged into cages by raptors, grabbed over the head and eaten during a famous toilet scene (what a way to go, eh?), jumped on by a raptor (but leaves obscure the violence very well), a man attacked by a small dino in a car (pretty disturbing, actually, though the fogged windows obscure it all), and not to mention many other perilous moments where younger audiences WILL be frightened (even I was a little jumpy during this). This movie could have EASILY been R for violence alone (sex and swearing would have ruined the movie anyways), but I am grateful Stevie S. kept it to PG13. ---------------------------------CONCLUSION------------------------ Awesome movie. Watch it. I have not seen the other two, so exercise caution with those. I heard JPIII was a bloodbath, but I dunno. Anyways, I love the movie, it's awesome, and always will be. The CGI was super amazing for the time this was made, it really impressed me.
Kid, 11 years old December 18, 2010

Violence (R): Lots of gruesome killings and death, not something you want your kids to see. Sexual Content(G): Ian Malcolm talks about marriage, Alan talks about him and Ellie "doing it" together. Language (PG): Mild curses, such as hell. Drugs/Tobacco/Alchohol (PG): Samuel L Jackson's character smokes a cigerrete the entire movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written by8colony8 February 1, 2011

Really good movie. Some very intense parts that could be scary to younger children. There is some swearing, the worst being s**t. There are 2 gory parts: A severed arm falls on a lady and a bloody goat leg falls onto the top of a jeep. Good movie, please see it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byxXBabyDollXx March 2, 2011

good old classic!

i used to love this movie! the violence i really unrealistic so i don't think its a problem. very mild profanities. over all i think its a movie you'll remember!
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

love this movie! watched it when i was 6-8 an it didnt scare me a bit. i laughed when the dinosaur ate the guy hiding in the bathroom.its not exactly gorey though.not that i remember its more for intertainment
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2010

amazing movie some gory scenes
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byANTI-PARANOIA August 26, 2012

love it

WHAT IS UP WITH SOME OF THESE PARANOID PEOPLE? oh no! a guy smokes a cigarette! its not like kids will start smoking because of it! and there is only 5 deaths, one goat leg, one chewed off arm and a pteranadon in a pear tree. ITS SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU A LITTLE FRIGHT! MY KIDS WERE WATCHING IT AT AGE 5 ! a classic blockbuster [NOT A HORRER FILM so stop treating it like one] that shows what happens when science screws with nature. I loved it, my kids loved it, i say watch it. 5 stars