All teen and kid member reviews for Jurassic Park

Teen, 17 years old Written byDrama Queen July 9, 2014

Exciting, not frightening

I first watched this movie when I was six, and it didn't scare me at all. At that age, I was more interested in the action than the story, but the scene with "Mr. DNA" ensured that I at least understood the science. As for the scenes that involved people being eaten, they weren't as bad as one would expect. The only scene where a person is eaten out in the open is the one with Gennaro, and since he's chomped while sitting on the toilet, it might even seem funny rather than scary. I think that kids will focus more on the magnificence of realistic dinosaurs than the fear factor. Overall, it's a great movie, and you shouldn't hesitate to let children experience it.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2014

It's a great movie with some violence

It's okay if you can watch jaws because it has some blood but it's not scary
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2014

Probaly not ready

i saw this movie when I was nine and it was defiantly one of the scary movies for young kids. I think I was a bit desperate to watch it, because when I did I probably wasn't ready for it. this movie has a lot of sci fiction in it, and had to ask my mum what it meant. although I did find the movie very good though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheton1789 June 7, 2014

Excellent Thriller from Fan Favorite Steven Spielberg

This is an excellent thriller based off the book of the same name. The movie features a lot of swearing including shit, damn, hell, ass, bitch, bastard, balls, Jesus Christ, and other minor language. There is a fair amount of violence, but blood is mostly kept to a minimum and most of it is suggested and off camera. It is very intense and not for kids who get scared easily. One thing to consider is one main characters, played by Samuel L. Jackson, is shown chain smoking throughout the movie. This movie is a fun exciting adventure film that is okay for 10 and older as long as they can handle the more intense scenes like kids being chased by dinos and characters being eaten off camera. I recommend this movie as it is well written, has a good cast, and is exciting and intense.
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2014

Jurassic Park? You mean... Amazing Jurassic Park!

The first time I saw this movie was when i was 8. Most movies you can give an age for them to watch, and they will automatically enjoy, but this movie is different. It depends on opinion. For example, I have a friend that even watched Hunger Games with no problem, but they were terrified of this one. So, I personally think 8 and up. As for the movie, it is amazing. For 1993, everything looks amazing and real. I did not attend the 3D re-release, but even if you have the old version of the DVD, it is still the same movie and is still good. This movie is on my list of the top 50 most best movies ever in my life so far when I wrote it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaWalker66 April 22, 2014

Decent Movie

A little boring Should be PG Disappointing Not enough action bad casting choices
Kid, 12 years old April 17, 2014

Perfect Science brewing with nature story

This monster movie/family adventure is an enjoyable classic for older kids. On an island filled with genetically engineered dinosaurs, 5 characters embark on the most life threatening journey of their lives. The main characters (the ones who lived) are likeable smart and use common sense to get them through obstacles. The effects of the dinosaurs are unbelievable, and they do create an enjoyable and intense environment. But, there is some swearing and a few bloody encounters with the Velociraptors and the T-Rex, which may get intense for younger viewers. Jurassic Park is a thrill ride that doesn’t need to give horrific visuals, but instead just needs to get us engrossed in the story and the encounters the characters are faced with. It’s a great thrill ride that you don’t even have to leave your seat for.
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2014
LEARNING
FREAKY!!!
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

I wasn't scared at all!

Great movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJacob Barrera February 7, 2014

Amazingly Realistic Dino Flick with Great Story and Direction from Steven Spielberg.

An Amazing Film with some violence and language. It may be a little bit scary for 8 and under, but any older age will just think its cool. I take a lot in consideration when watching a film, as I want to make them when I am older. Recommend highly as it is a groundbreaking film in CG and very inspirational for filmmakers.
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2014
LEARNING

Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park is a thrilling adventure for ages 11 and up. Kids that age and older will likely realize that this scenario is extremely unlikely and that dinosaurs will not ambush them when they are sleeping. There is lots of suspense and kids as well as grown-ups are constantly in danger. Kids younger than 11 will probably be terrified of the man-eating dinosaurs and nonstop action. With a great cast, great storyline, and dinos galore, Jurassic Park is not to be missed.
Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2013

BEST MOVIE OF...ALL TIME

jurassic park is a classic dino-thrill ride come to the big screen.I've read lots of common sense reviews and decided I'll give it a try.it wasn't really scary but kids 9 and younger should have an adult with them.In one scene a lawyer is eaten of the toilet but that's as scary as it gets.Great story best movie of all time !!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2013

THE BEST

Amazing! jaw dropping FX and great acting so awesome! some gore and violence but ok 11+
Teen, 17 years old Written bybetterthanyou November 26, 2013

awesome

it is a great movie for anybody my 5 year old watches it
Teen, 13 years old Written byEric Paul September 22, 2013

Best movie for pg 13

Teen, 13 years old Written byGaz10 September 17, 2013

Great movie if you're the right age.

This movie is rated PG in a lot of countries (including UK) which I think is weird. This move has a lot of gore including chopped off hands or dead animals. It also has a lot of violence involving dinosaurs. It also has some swearing (about 5 uses of s--t) but that's it.
Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2013

Universal should have failed at making this series since it is definitely not a documentary! The violence triggered by the dinosaurs is a major problem.

This movie produced by Universal Studios is not what I was pleased about! The dinosaurs in it were causing too much violence and scariness. If you watch this movie, this will be a hair-raising experience...
Teen, 15 years old Written byRockAndRollKid August 29, 2013

Great movie intense for younger kids and has mild swears and smoking and ambit of talking sexually.

Jurasic park was a very good movie. There is swearing violonce and talking about sex or marriage at so points. The violoince is prob the worse part especially in one scene where two kids are being chased by Dino raptors in a kitchen. Several people scream in the movie and two people die. Blood isn't mutch but st one scene you see a gory cut off arm besides that there's only a little bit of blood the gore is ok. There is language almost as mutch as violoince they use the shi- word a lot especially when the main character find Dino poop but they still say it and they say other mild swears like dam- or bitc- Smoking isn't a lot escaped for be character smoking through out most of the film. Besides the intense scenes with language and smoking and a bit of talking of sex the movie is great for older Tweens or older preteens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMichael Fraraccio August 1, 2013

"Mr. Hammond, after careful consideration, I've decided NOT to endorse your park!"

This movie's great. The acting's great. The special effects are great. I can find nothing to fault in this movie. If you haven't seen it, then you must see it.
Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2013

Scary and suspenseful/ A terrific sci-fi spectacle with great music and unbelievable vfx

An amazing movie with fantastic visual effects and excellent music. This terrific film is easy to remember for its music, action sequences, one liners, and story telling. I have a friend who saw the first scene with a dinosaur and wanted to watch it again. The special effects will make your jaw touch the floor and your eyes won't blink for an entire hour. This is Steven Spielberg's best movie and it's one of the best movies ever made. My mpaa rating: PG-13 for strong sci-fi terror and violence and for some language.