All member reviews for Jurassic Park

Terrifyingly realistic dinos run amok in sci-fi landmark.

Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 9, 2010

Scary, gory dino thriller is for teens and up

This film is definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it already. It may not be your new favorite movie, but it should entertain for a good two hours. Parents: There's lots of terror, violence, and gore, including dismemberment, plus some salty language. What I would have rated it: PG-13 for Sequences of Sci-Fi Terror, Violence and Gore. Bottom Line: Very entertaining for what it is. I recommend it! It's a classic! Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Teen, 13 years old Written byam1408 August 20, 2010

might be too scary for kids under 6

Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2013

Jurassic Park 3D

This movie was a little bit worse than I expected. If you want to see it go ahead. But I'd say don't.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 21, 2012

Even more boring than Jaws.

This movie is HORRIBLY boring.Its only good for helping you get to sleep.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2011

Parent review

I love this show only parents need caution to let kids see this movie. Violence: red realistic dinosaurs eat and kill people there is a little bit of blood and gore and it's intense when the dinosaurs hunt the kids. Sex: green nothing much only it shows a picture in the computer of a woman in a bikini laying down a big bed (not a real photograph). Language: yellow there is some cursing like the word h-ll one use of sh-t and a lot of uses of g-da-it and one use of son of a b-tch. Drugs: yellow it shows a computer worker smoking through the movie and some drinking by adults. Green: ok. Yellow:iffy. Red:not suitable for kids what parents don't mind gray: really bad not for kids more of an adult movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

love this movie! watched it when i was 6-8 an it didnt scare me a bit. i laughed when the dinosaur ate the guy hiding in the bathroom.its not exactly gorey though.not that i remember its more for intertainment
Parent of a 8 year old Written bytailsmo June 27, 2009

Great fun movie, but be warned of lingering gratuitious cigarette smoking close ups

Even though smoking was more common place in 1992/3 I was shocked to see that every time we see nervous scientist Samuel L Jackson, he is either lighting a cigarette or already has one dangling from his lips. Worst of all is a totally unnesessary lingering extreme close up of a cigarette slow burning, hanging from Samuel Jackson's mouth while he stares at a computer screen for what seems like 20 seconds. I simply can't understand why a film that was billed at the time as a family movie and given a PG certificate has a chain-smoking character.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

great i love it.the only promblem is i wished not as many people died.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHweetseart April 18, 2015

Great!

That's really good film, but has violence and is really scary.
Kid, 10 years old January 30, 2015

scary but good

it is scary for little kids. it is a pretty good movie for teens and adults!!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2014

it was awsome

my 4 year old brother saw it and wasn't afraid
Teen, 13 years old Written byjurassicparklover04 December 17, 2014

Oh My Awesome Movie

Oh my God it is so amazing can't you see it in my name. Besides the way it is my name, I don't just put my name in it for no reason And also the movie is very good for kids with active imagination also they cuss a *few* times keep that in mind
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2014

Lots of Sci-Fi

This movie is really good.Though there is some language and moderate violence.One part has a t-rex destroying a car and the children are bleeding all over their bodies.There are words like s--t,and son of a b--ch.It is okay for kids ages 10+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 November 21, 2014

Absolutely wonderful. One of the best film of all times. The visual effects, acting and directing were spectacular.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan November 9, 2014

Jurassic Park movie review

"Jurassic Park" is a towering landmark of films. I remember this movie mostly for its cinematography and special effects. The idea of the park is so cool. The dinosaurs did not look like CGI at all. They looked so realistic. The acting was tremendous and Jeff Goldblum was probably my favorite character in this extremely well shot movie. What surprises me is the fact that this movie came out in 1993. It looks like it came out in 2013. That's how good this movie looks. The movie amazes me. It shows just how bad CGI is in movies nowadays. Jurassic Park has the best CGI I have ever seen in a movie right after "Terminator 2: Judgment Day". Watching "Jurassic Park" is a tremendous experience. People should appreciate this movie for what it is. Steven Spielberg is a genius. I don't know how he made this and Schindler's List the same year. Some of my friends despise "Jurassic Park" and I don't why. Actually, it's because they don't know what a good movie is. This movie is a CGI masterpiece. Everything (other than some acting) is spot-on with this movie. You don't have to like "Jurassic Park". At least try to appreciate the cinematography of this adventure. The score for this movie is beautiful. The film-makers used the right score for "Jurassic Park". If someone asked me which movie was better from these two: "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" or "Jurassic Park", I would tell them I prefer "T2", but both movies are almost equal in terms of special effects and CGI. "Jurassic Park" is one of my favorite movies of all time. The dinosaurs are really cool and I recommend this movie to mature younger children and anyone who likes good movies.
Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2014

One of my favorites!

I saw this first when it came out in 3D in theaters. My mom took me because I wanted to go, but no one else did, so they had to see 42 instead. When I went, I saw AWESOME realistic dinosaurs, a creative storyline, and left with the wish that Jurassic Park could someday be real. Honestly, the dinosaurs looked great and accurate, especially the T-Rex and the Triceratops. Younger kids may get scared, because dinosaurs do jump out at you, but overall it really isn't as scary as you think.
Written byAnonymous October 5, 2014

Jurassic Park review

=========================================================Sex/Nudity: Donald asks Hammond (about people seen on a tour of the island), "Are these characters auto erotica?" (thinking animatronics), but Hammond tells him they're real. Hearing that all of the dinosaurs on the island are female, Ian jokingly asks if that's determined by going around and pulling up all of their skirts. A screens saver photo on Dennis' computer shows a woman in a bikini (nothing explicit). It's later seen again. We see Ian with his shirt open. 3/10. ========================================================= Violence: Muldoon and others ready themselves with various weapons as something big appears to be moving through the thick foliage. But we then see that it's a large cage being moved into position to transfer a raptor from it into a paddock. But that transfer goes bad, the cage slides away and the worker is grabbed and pulled half way into the cage (and, for a moment, halfway up the side of it). While the raptor is never seen, we do see that it's pulling the man into the cage, he screams, and everyone panics while trying to save the man as Muldoon yells for the others to shoot it. We see such shooting and the use of shock rods, etc., but don't see the impact on the dinosaur. It's implied that the man dies from this. To put a kid in his place for doubting the ferocity of velociraptors, Alan tells how the creature would use its huge claws to slash the boy in various place, including his belly that would then spill out his intestines, followed by the dinosaur eating him alive. A cow is lowered down into the raptor's cage and while nothing is directly seen, the raptor's attack of the cow and painful mooing is heard as the creature attacks and eats the cow. Dennis accidentally hits a directions sign with his jeep. Ian and Alan (in one jeep) and Lex, Tim and Donald (in another jeep) end up stuck in front of the T-Rex area during a tropical storm at night. They hear impact tremors (footsteps), one after another, and then note that an earlier bait goat is now gone. One of its bloody legs then lands atop the glass sunroof of the kids' jeep. They then see the massive T-Rex there and it swallows down the rest of the goat. Donald then races from the jeep to the nearby restroom, followed by Lex finding a flashlight and turning that on. That draws the T-Rex to them, and Tim slowly closes the driver's side door as the T-Rex's head is right there, smelling the vehicle. It then lets out a roar and starts bumping the jeep, all as Lex's flashlight sends a beam up through the sunroof. The T-Rex then smashes down through that, pushing the glass piece onto the kids. It then overturns the jeep and starts biting the tires and causing other structural damage, while its weight pushes the jeep deeper into some mud. Realizing he needs to do something, Alan lights a flare to get the dinosaur's attention and then throws that flare over a wall. Ian then lights a flare and runs, with the T-Rex giving chase toward the restroom. Ian is knocked into the walls of that, which then fall down, revealing Donald seated on the toilet (not using it and fully clothed). The T-Rex then chomps down on him and swings him back and forth (no blood). Dennis accidentally drives through a fence in a blinding rainstorm at night. He gets out to try to winch himself free, but encounters a dinosaur slightly smaller than him. He's unnerved but then thinks it's harmless, but it opens its frills, shrieks and twice spits blinding goo onto Dennis. He tries to scramble back to his jeep, hits his head getting in, and then realizes the dinosaur is there with him. We then hear sounds of it attacking him as we see the outside of the jeep rocking back and forth. Alan, Tim and Lex take cover as a herd of large dinosaurs races by them. A T-Rex then suddenly lunges at the herd, grabs one dinosaur, chomps down and kills it, and then tears off a chunk of bloody flesh. Tim is shocked as the electric fence he's climbing over is turned back on again (Alan performs CPR on him and revives Tim). A raptor tries to attack Ellie, and as she tries to escape, a severed arm falls onto her, indicating that the raptor has already killed another person. Muldoon is attacked by the raptors, although we hear more of it than we actually see. A raptor charges at Lex, but hits her reflection in a metal cabinet instead. Alan, Ellie, Lex and Tim end up on a large dinosaur skeleton hanging from the ceiling of the visitor center. One raptor jumps onto that, causing it to spin and come apart. Tim falls and hits the floor hard, as does Ellie with some bone pieces hitting her. The huge rib cage then falls on top of Tim, but the bones all hit around him. Moments later, the four are surrounded by the raptors when the T-Rex attacks one raptor, biting into and killing it. The other jumps on its side and tries biting it, but the T-Rex yanks it off and chomps down into it, killing the raptor. 6.5/10. ========================================================= Blood/Gore: To put a kid in his place for doubting the ferocity of velociraptors, Alan tells how the creature would use its huge claws to slash the boy in various place, including his belly that would then spill out his intestines, followed by the dinosaur eating him alive. A video explaining the cloning process talks about a drop of blood being needed (we don't see any as Hammond's finger is pricked, but do see some being sucked up by a prehistoric mosquito in a cartoon segment). There's a little blood and goo on a baby velociraptor after it hatches from its egg. Ellie pops a blister on the tongue of a sedated triceratops and is later seen with her arms (up to her elbows) in triceratops dung, looking for berries the animal may have eaten, and some may find this very disgusting. The kids note that an earlier bait goat is now gone. One of its bloody legs then lands atop the glass sunroof of the their jeep. They then see the massive T-Rex there and it swallows down the rest of the goat. Upon seeing a T-Rex nearby, Donald runs from his jeep toward a nearby restroom, prompting Ian to state, "When you gotta go, you gotta go." Moments later, the T-Rex chomps down on the lawyer and swings him back and forth. There's no blood then, but Ellie and Muldoon later come across the scene and both state they think parts they've just found are from him (not seen). A dinosaur twice spits a blinding goo onto Dennis, the second shot hitting him in the face. Tim had a slightly bloody gash on his forehead and other scrapes, and states that he threw up during a dinosaur attack on the jeep he's in. Ian has a little bit of blood on his face. A brachiosaur sneezes snot all over Lex. Alan, Tim and Lex take cover as a herd of large dinosaurs races by them. A T-Rex then suddenly lunges at the herd, grabs one dinosaur, chomps down and kills it, and then tears off a chunk of bloody flesh. This is seen from a distance, but Tim then comments in amazement about how much blood there is (we don't see it). A man's bloody, dismembered arm falls down onto Ellie. Alan has a slightly bloody scratch on his face while Tim's ear is fairly bloody and Lex has a little bit of blood on her face. 5.5/10. ========================================================= Profanity: At least 5 "s" words, 7 hells, 6 damns, 1 ass (seen written after mud covers the J, I and C in the Jurassic Park sign), 1 crap, 1 S.O.B., and 5 uses of "Oh my God" and "Oh God," 3 uses of "G-damn," and 2 uses each of "God" and "Jesus." 5/10. ========================================================= Alcohol/Drugs: Hammond opens champagne for himself, Alan and Ellie. Malcolm drinks from a flask and offers some to Alan who declines. Ellie states that she gave Ian a shot of morphine for his injury. 2.5/10. ========================================================= Smoking: Ray smokes at least 5 times. We see a photo of a man with a pipe. 5/10. ========================================================= Jurassic Park is my favourite movie ever made, and is definitely worth watching. I give it 9.5/10. =========================================================
Kid, 10 years old September 19, 2014

Jurassic Park!!! Really good

Jurassic Park is a heart-stomping thriller which follows the basic plot of the Michael Crichton novel of the same name. I didn't really find any of the action-pack scenes in this film scary (although the scene when the Tyrannosaur attacks the car made me feel a bit uncomfortable). There is also a few mild swearing (as well as one "s--t") and a man infrequently smokes throughout the film. I that this film is a great choice for tweens, but anyone under 10 should wait until they're older.
Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2014

classic

one of the best movies made.
Teen, 14 years old Written byElizabethd17623 August 29, 2014

Very scary for young kids

My brother let me watch this movie with him when I was 4. I was so scared afterwards! I wouldn't go outside by myself and I could barely sleep because I thought dinosaurs would get me. Wherever I was I stayed on the top floor because I thought they wouldn't be able to reach me up there.