All member reviews for Jurassic Park

Terrifyingly realistic dinos run amok in sci-fi landmark.

Kid, 12 years old January 22, 2013

Jurassic Park

A great film with beautiful special effects. Little blood and gore, less scientific faults than the other movies, but Velociraptors are bigger than the fossil discoveries would suggest. The movie overall is great.
Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2013

THIS IS MY KINDA MOVIE

Its got thrills mixed with monsters mixed with a good plot and screenplay... THIS IS MY KINDA MOVIE
Parent of a 1 and 6 year old Written bybrettyd December 30, 2012

if you child knows about dinos,, then go for it

a classic! great movie with outstanding special effects even to todays standards, ok, a theme park , a dinosaur themepark, it all goes wrong, the dinos escape, there are a few people there on the island that the park is on and they must survive, a few epic chase scenes, a bit of nail biting terror as you wonder will they get eaten by a dino, a great story, a bit too much smoking from 1 actor, a bit of violence but nothing much, if your child knows that a cat eats mice because that is nature they will understand a dino eating a goat? the best thing about this film is that it should not play on childrens minds at bedtime, as they know dinos dont exist, so they dont pose a threat to them, my boy saw this at 5 and we had no trouble with it at all
Adult Written bycritic sense November 4, 2012

Recommended Rating: 12+ for moderate violence, intense/frightening scenes and mild language

Although it contains mostly mild violence, there are many jump scares and scenes of terror that may be too scary for some children. People run away from dinosaurs and sometimes they get eaten, although its not explicitly shown. The second half of the film gets intense. There are occasional utterances of mostly mild language and some characters smoke cigarettes.
Kid, 9 years old October 29, 2012

scary but awesome!

I saw this movie when I was 8 years old (1 year ago) but I am not easily scared.it is action-packed with many scary scenes.including when a t-rex almost kills 2 inasint kids.but the movie has a happy ending.the first time I watched it it was really scary but the second time I loved it
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 16, 2012

Cool.

I love how the dinos in this film are SO REALISTIC! Theres amazing adventure,tons of action,ect.You can also learn a lot about dinosaurs in this movie.
Kid, 9 years old August 25, 2012

Jurrasic Park

this is a truely splendid film although ive seen it thousands of time i <3 it in one scene a creepy dino follows a man into his car then shoots acid on his face then eats him alive you don't see him being eaten but is quite disturbing in another bit kids are trapped under a car and a t rex crushes it although they don't get killed you are quite scared and a raptor knaws a mans face off don't worry you see 2 secs if it a man is also eaten sitting on a toilit all kids find this bit hilarious a funny bit is where a man says "god creates man,man creates dinos ,dinos kill man"then a woman says "woman conquer the world
Kid, 9 years old August 19, 2012

Bubblemonkey Reviews

Ok this movie will NOT work for a six year old but if your six year old knows its all fake and you would let them watch scary movies and they are used to it watch Jurassic park and its not that it depends on the age it more depends on the kid so you can figure it out if you want your kid to watch that And this is not a "Horror" movie because people do get killed but most people are safe in the end so i say that this is a perfect movie for kids eight and up!
Kid, 8 years old August 17, 2012

coolnes

i love it it is so cool i think evry one shoud see it
Teen, 15 years old Written bykaylashere July 19, 2012

GREAT MOVIE, a must see

I watched this when i was 4 and i wasnt scared, this movie has gotten me into dinosaurs for life! BEST MOVIE EVER - must watch :)
Adult Written bynbafan3535 July 13, 2012

Innapropiate

Dinosaurs eat people.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJesusFreak62 July 11, 2012

One of my most favorite movies of all time. Jurassic Park is another Spielberg Masterpiece.

Jurassic Park is one of my most favorite movies of all time because I loved watching it to get ideas for my drawings. I was about four when I first saw this movie and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Since then I have been a giant Spielberg fan. The special effects are magnificent. Stan Winston and ILM definitaly had a large part in that for sure. ILM designing and animating visuals, and Stan Winston building life sized animatronics. You can tell that Spielberg put a lot of thought into this movie. He included fear, mystery, suspence, fun, and lots of heart. The violence is, at times, intense but nothing that your little dino fans cant handle. For the whole family. 5/5 stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAngelbro July 2, 2012

Great movie but scary for littler ones

This is a classic movie that is great for kids 12 and up. It can be gory and scary at times but not something that would give kids nightmares. It takes place on an isolated and unreal island. There are some curse words but younger kids won't realize. Keep in mind that this movie is a movie that things pop out and scare you. If you are going to let your younger kids see this then watch it with them.
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2012

Cool for Kids in adolescene!

It's not age-appropriate for Kids under 11. I himself watched this movie with 11 and it's not too much scary and gory. Jurassic Park is more a Science Fiction fairytale for Teenies.
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus May 30, 2012

One of my favorites.

Very good movie, but to scary for kids. It's a classic you can't miss.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycpast May 21, 2012

Great Movie

This was one of my favorite movies when I was four, along with Bambi and Frankenstein. It's scary, but plenty of little kids can handle it. You just have to know your kid.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySpielbergman44 May 21, 2012

Excellent movie! Steven Spielberg did a really good job on this one!

My rating: PG-13 for intense sci-fi related violence and terror. {Violence~3/5 Realistic terrifying dinosaurs eat people, a woman finds a severed arm (with blood) although there are small amounts of blood and gore but there's still some, a child gets electrocuted by a electrical fence, some jump scenes you will find disturbing. Sex~1/5 very mild not even over-the-top but a picture on a home computer screen shows a woman dressed in a small bikini lying on a zebra stripped bed, no nuditys shown Language~2/5 nothing PG-13 rated but there's one use of s--t (referring to a dinosaurs dung) plus uses of he--, d--n, g--d--n and "oh g-d". Drugs-alchahol-tobacco~2/5 just the same as language a character smokes throught the film, adult characters drink in a scene. Positive role models~3/5 the two children are smart, brave, and while the husband and wife both protect each other while dangers are going around. Positive messages-2/5 messages about teamwork how god created us and just almost exactly like Frankenstien if you find out the role models in that other movie. Consumerism~0.5/5 this movie is the first part of a series.
Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2012

too violent

all wat it is is this scary dino. dont watch it. it should be rated r.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan24 May 14, 2012

Intense adventure movie

Parent Written byJLFM May 8, 2012

Fun for teens, be wary of language