Terrifyingly realistic dinos run amok in sci-fi landmark.

Parent of a 6, 12, and 15 year old Written bycab87670 November 27, 2010
A great time for kids of all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byskinner2 May 2, 2010
Very good.
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2010
very violent movie is very good
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2010

awsome

awsome;
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Person Guy May 19, 2011
Very good! There is some swearing, mostly d*mn, hell, and b**ch and s**t (which are only said once) Alot of the movie is suspenseful and intense, where realistic dinosaurs chase people. Only 2 bloody parts, a mans severed arm falls on a lady and a goats leg suddenly lands on a car. Ok for 10 and up
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2011

Good but iffy for 10 year olds.

I love this show but it is violent. Dinosaurs eat people and kill people in terrifying ways. And there is some cursing to. My rating PG-13 for intense science fiction terror and violence, some language and smoking.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 12, 2011

Goes right over kids heads

I remember seeing this when I was little and I loved it. Then when I saw it later on I realized it was violent and scary. There is a part when a woman feels an arm on her then she turns around and realizes it is an arm that has been ripped off. This bit is a jump scene. All this went right over my head when I was 7. Great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxXBabyDollXx March 2, 2011

good old classic!

i used to love this movie! the violence i really unrealistic so i don't think its a problem. very mild profanities. over all i think its a movie you'll remember!
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2011

I like it but a few things parent's need to know

I love this show only you need to have caution for your kids to see this. Violence: dinosaurs eating and killing people will disturb kids and some adults. There is one jump scene to. Sex: it show's a photo of a woman in a bikini laying down a bed in a computer (not a real photograph). Language: there is some cursing like the h word one s word and g-da-nit. I would say that commen sense media is right for the iffy for 12. Drugs: it shows a computer worker smoking every time you see him through the movie and there is some drinking. Moviestar746
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieviewer001 November 25, 2011

Iffy for 11 good for 12

I love Jurassic park one of my favorite movie only parents need to know about the review. Violence: red realistic dinosaurs eat people with some blood and gore. The only bloodiest part of the movie is how that woman finds a severed arm. Sex: green really mild for a pg-13 but it shows that a woman in a bikini laying down a bed a picture on a computer. Language: yellow some cursing words like h-ll d-mn one sh-t and one son of a bi-ch. drugs/alchahol/tobacco: yellow it shows a computer worker smoking through the movie and some drinking by adults. Green: mild yellow: iffy red: strong gray: really strong. The only reason why they gave Jurassic park a pg-13 rating is because of the violence. My rating pg-13 for intense science fiction terror and violence,some language and smoking.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Fantastic!

Jurassic Park is quite possibly Steven Spielberg's best film, and one of my favorite movies in general. Although the movie isn't too scary for older kids: there are two very intense scenes: when the T-Rex attacks the kids in the Jeep and playing hide and seek with raptors in a dark kitchen. I loved this movie, and what CSM said about Jaws being better was total crap. Jaws was good, but didn't craft suspense as well, and I personally don't remember the characters in Jaws, so they obviously weren't very memorable. Anyways, Jurassic Park is a great movie and I highly recommend it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytheaterman342 April 3, 2013

One of the greatest dinosaur films of all time.

Steven Spielberg show's us why he is one of the greatest directors of this generation. Not only was he able to create a film about dinosaur's but he was also able to send some really good messages about growing closer to your family members. This is a must see unlike the sequels to this great film
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2009

i love jurassic park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome movie one of my favorite. The violence was not that bad but that all depends on how old you are and how you handle violence.A lot of people get eaten.But there is not that much blood except for some scratches on some of the main characters.A jeep is puched around by a t rex and that is the most freeky part.That do say a lot of bad words in this movie.But this movie is one of the best movies ever made!!!!
Parent of a 5, 10, and 13 year old Written byshadowfc September 30, 2009
Just rewatched this "classic" with my teen. My 13 year old heard about this movie and asked to see it. After previewing it, I let her watch it. Concerns? Not many. One "S" bomb when Steve Gutenburg sees an actual pile of dino dung... meant for comic effect. There are some very dangerous and tense situations. Kids in the movie are in constant peril. There are a couple of scenes to be aware of - a man in the beginning of the movie is eaten by a dinosaur in a violent fashion, as is the lawyer eaten off the commode mid-movie (classic scene I'm sure you remember). The latter is violently tossed around before being consumed. Two other adults are killed - presumably - since the movie doesn't show their demise. There is one bloody arm of Samuel L Jackson displayed, but overall there's not much blood at all. Overall, the velociraptors chasing the kids around probably bothered my teen the most. She still talks about how scary it was today, even though they didn't actually catch the kids. Overall, this was a good movie to introduce my 13 year old into "Thrillers" without too much adult content. I'll have to review the sequels to see if they are equally as appropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybibliophile April 9, 2008

YAWN

This wasn't the greatest of movies. It became kind of monotonous after an hour of watching dinosaurs chase people and people getting killed. Quite a bit of killing, but nothing graphic. We see an arm without a body, a boy with a bloody ear, several cuts, a man with a bloody leg, and a few other mildly disturbing images. A few swear words.
Adult Written byJuggernaut93 May 4, 2011

Good for anyone 10 and up.

This movie is a work of art, and nothing less. It is a good thriller-type movie, that is surprisingly family-friendly. Violence wise, it's quite tame. There is almost no blood. In one scene, a man is eaten by a T-Rex, but he is swallowed in one bite, and there is no blood. Perhaps the bloodiest scene of the movie is one part where a female character feels a hand on her shoulder, then turns around and realizes it isn't attached to anyone, apparently ripped off by dinosaurs. There is a small amount of blood on the severed arm. As for language, it's typical mild PG words, like h***, d***, and in one case, s***. There is no sexual content whatsoever. All in all, if you have a kid that loves dinosaurs, or just want a good non-gory monster-thriller flick, they don't come better than Jurassic Park. Although you may want to turn down the volume during the dinosaur chase scenes, as this is when cursing usually occurs.
Teen, 14 years old Written by8colony8 February 1, 2011
Really good movie. Some very intense parts that could be scary to younger children. There is some swearing, the worst being s**t. There are 2 gory parts: A severed arm falls on a lady and a bloody goat leg falls onto the top of a jeep. Good movie, please see it!
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2010
amazing movie some gory scenes
Adult Written byPhilbo April 19, 2013

3 years old and loved it 1995

I turned out good and I watched this when I was like 3-4 years old, so if your 5 or older I think you should be mature enough to take it. But I'm a boy.
Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2014

freaky!

pretty scary. but thrilling. i wached it at the age of 9. i just didnt like the part where a bloody hand drops on a lady.