All member reviews for Jurassic Park

Terrifyingly realistic dinos run amok in sci-fi landmark.

Parent of a 6, 12, and 15 year old Written bycab87670 November 27, 2010

A great time for kids of all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byskinner2 May 2, 2010

Very good.
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2010

very violent movie is very good
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byANTI-PARANOIA August 26, 2012

love it

WHAT IS UP WITH SOME OF THESE PARANOID PEOPLE? oh no! a guy smokes a cigarette! its not like kids will start smoking because of it! and there is only 5 deaths, one goat leg, one chewed off arm and a pteranadon in a pear tree. ITS SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU A LITTLE FRIGHT! MY KIDS WERE WATCHING IT AT AGE 5 ! a classic blockbuster [NOT A HORRER FILM so stop treating it like one] that shows what happens when science screws with nature. I loved it, my kids loved it, i say watch it. 5 stars
Written byAnonymous October 5, 2014

Jurassic Park review

=========================================================Sex/Nudity: Donald asks Hammond (about people seen on a tour of the island), "Are these characters auto erotica?" (thinking animatronics), but Hammond tells him they're real. Hearing that all of the dinosaurs on the island are female, Ian jokingly asks if that's determined by going around and pulling up all of their skirts. A screens saver photo on Dennis' computer shows a woman in a bikini (nothing explicit). It's later seen again. We see Ian with his shirt open. 3/10. ========================================================= Violence: Muldoon and others ready themselves with various weapons as something big appears to be moving through the thick foliage. But we then see that it's a large cage being moved into position to transfer a raptor from it into a paddock. But that transfer goes bad, the cage slides away and the worker is grabbed and pulled half way into the cage (and, for a moment, halfway up the side of it). While the raptor is never seen, we do see that it's pulling the man into the cage, he screams, and everyone panics while trying to save the man as Muldoon yells for the others to shoot it. We see such shooting and the use of shock rods, etc., but don't see the impact on the dinosaur. It's implied that the man dies from this. To put a kid in his place for doubting the ferocity of velociraptors, Alan tells how the creature would use its huge claws to slash the boy in various place, including his belly that would then spill out his intestines, followed by the dinosaur eating him alive. A cow is lowered down into the raptor's cage and while nothing is directly seen, the raptor's attack of the cow and painful mooing is heard as the creature attacks and eats the cow. Dennis accidentally hits a directions sign with his jeep. Ian and Alan (in one jeep) and Lex, Tim and Donald (in another jeep) end up stuck in front of the T-Rex area during a tropical storm at night. They hear impact tremors (footsteps), one after another, and then note that an earlier bait goat is now gone. One of its bloody legs then lands atop the glass sunroof of the kids' jeep. They then see the massive T-Rex there and it swallows down the rest of the goat. Donald then races from the jeep to the nearby restroom, followed by Lex finding a flashlight and turning that on. That draws the T-Rex to them, and Tim slowly closes the driver's side door as the T-Rex's head is right there, smelling the vehicle. It then lets out a roar and starts bumping the jeep, all as Lex's flashlight sends a beam up through the sunroof. The T-Rex then smashes down through that, pushing the glass piece onto the kids. It then overturns the jeep and starts biting the tires and causing other structural damage, while its weight pushes the jeep deeper into some mud. Realizing he needs to do something, Alan lights a flare to get the dinosaur's attention and then throws that flare over a wall. Ian then lights a flare and runs, with the T-Rex giving chase toward the restroom. Ian is knocked into the walls of that, which then fall down, revealing Donald seated on the toilet (not using it and fully clothed). The T-Rex then chomps down on him and swings him back and forth (no blood). Dennis accidentally drives through a fence in a blinding rainstorm at night. He gets out to try to winch himself free, but encounters a dinosaur slightly smaller than him. He's unnerved but then thinks it's harmless, but it opens its frills, shrieks and twice spits blinding goo onto Dennis. He tries to scramble back to his jeep, hits his head getting in, and then realizes the dinosaur is there with him. We then hear sounds of it attacking him as we see the outside of the jeep rocking back and forth. Alan, Tim and Lex take cover as a herd of large dinosaurs races by them. A T-Rex then suddenly lunges at the herd, grabs one dinosaur, chomps down and kills it, and then tears off a chunk of bloody flesh. Tim is shocked as the electric fence he's climbing over is turned back on again (Alan performs CPR on him and revives Tim). A raptor tries to attack Ellie, and as she tries to escape, a severed arm falls onto her, indicating that the raptor has already killed another person. Muldoon is attacked by the raptors, although we hear more of it than we actually see. A raptor charges at Lex, but hits her reflection in a metal cabinet instead. Alan, Ellie, Lex and Tim end up on a large dinosaur skeleton hanging from the ceiling of the visitor center. One raptor jumps onto that, causing it to spin and come apart. Tim falls and hits the floor hard, as does Ellie with some bone pieces hitting her. The huge rib cage then falls on top of Tim, but the bones all hit around him. Moments later, the four are surrounded by the raptors when the T-Rex attacks one raptor, biting into and killing it. The other jumps on its side and tries biting it, but the T-Rex yanks it off and chomps down into it, killing the raptor. 6.5/10. ========================================================= Blood/Gore: To put a kid in his place for doubting the ferocity of velociraptors, Alan tells how the creature would use its huge claws to slash the boy in various place, including his belly that would then spill out his intestines, followed by the dinosaur eating him alive. A video explaining the cloning process talks about a drop of blood being needed (we don't see any as Hammond's finger is pricked, but do see some being sucked up by a prehistoric mosquito in a cartoon segment). There's a little blood and goo on a baby velociraptor after it hatches from its egg. Ellie pops a blister on the tongue of a sedated triceratops and is later seen with her arms (up to her elbows) in triceratops dung, looking for berries the animal may have eaten, and some may find this very disgusting. The kids note that an earlier bait goat is now gone. One of its bloody legs then lands atop the glass sunroof of the their jeep. They then see the massive T-Rex there and it swallows down the rest of the goat. Upon seeing a T-Rex nearby, Donald runs from his jeep toward a nearby restroom, prompting Ian to state, "When you gotta go, you gotta go." Moments later, the T-Rex chomps down on the lawyer and swings him back and forth. There's no blood then, but Ellie and Muldoon later come across the scene and both state they think parts they've just found are from him (not seen). A dinosaur twice spits a blinding goo onto Dennis, the second shot hitting him in the face. Tim had a slightly bloody gash on his forehead and other scrapes, and states that he threw up during a dinosaur attack on the jeep he's in. Ian has a little bit of blood on his face. A brachiosaur sneezes snot all over Lex. Alan, Tim and Lex take cover as a herd of large dinosaurs races by them. A T-Rex then suddenly lunges at the herd, grabs one dinosaur, chomps down and kills it, and then tears off a chunk of bloody flesh. This is seen from a distance, but Tim then comments in amazement about how much blood there is (we don't see it). A man's bloody, dismembered arm falls down onto Ellie. Alan has a slightly bloody scratch on his face while Tim's ear is fairly bloody and Lex has a little bit of blood on her face. 5.5/10. ========================================================= Profanity: At least 5 "s" words, 7 hells, 6 damns, 1 ass (seen written after mud covers the J, I and C in the Jurassic Park sign), 1 crap, 1 S.O.B., and 5 uses of "Oh my God" and "Oh God," 3 uses of "G-damn," and 2 uses each of "God" and "Jesus." 5/10. ========================================================= Alcohol/Drugs: Hammond opens champagne for himself, Alan and Ellie. Malcolm drinks from a flask and offers some to Alan who declines. Ellie states that she gave Ian a shot of morphine for his injury. 2.5/10. ========================================================= Smoking: Ray smokes at least 5 times. We see a photo of a man with a pipe. 5/10. ========================================================= Jurassic Park is my favourite movie ever made, and is definitely worth watching. I give it 9.5/10. =========================================================
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2010

awsome

awsome;
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Person Guy May 19, 2011

Very good! There is some swearing, mostly d*mn, hell, and b**ch and s**t (which are only said once) Alot of the movie is suspenseful and intense, where realistic dinosaurs chase people. Only 2 bloody parts, a mans severed arm falls on a lady and a goats leg suddenly lands on a car. Ok for 10 and up
Adult Written byJuggernaut93 May 4, 2011

Good for anyone 10 and up.

This movie is a work of art, and nothing less. It is a good thriller-type movie, that is surprisingly family-friendly. Violence wise, it's quite tame. There is almost no blood. In one scene, a man is eaten by a T-Rex, but he is swallowed in one bite, and there is no blood. Perhaps the bloodiest scene of the movie is one part where a female character feels a hand on her shoulder, then turns around and realizes it isn't attached to anyone, apparently ripped off by dinosaurs. There is a small amount of blood on the severed arm. As for language, it's typical mild PG words, like h***, d***, and in one case, s***. There is no sexual content whatsoever. All in all, if you have a kid that loves dinosaurs, or just want a good non-gory monster-thriller flick, they don't come better than Jurassic Park. Although you may want to turn down the volume during the dinosaur chase scenes, as this is when cursing usually occurs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxXBabyDollXx March 2, 2011

good old classic!

i used to love this movie! the violence i really unrealistic so i don't think its a problem. very mild profanities. over all i think its a movie you'll remember!
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2011

I like it but a few things parent's need to know

I love this show only you need to have caution for your kids to see this. Violence: dinosaurs eating and killing people will disturb kids and some adults. There is one jump scene to. Sex: it show's a photo of a woman in a bikini laying down a bed in a computer (not a real photograph). Language: there is some cursing like the h word one s word and g-da-nit. I would say that commen sense media is right for the iffy for 12. Drugs: it shows a computer worker smoking every time you see him through the movie and there is some drinking. Moviestar746
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 12, 2011

Goes right over kids heads

I remember seeing this when I was little and I loved it. Then when I saw it later on I realized it was violent and scary. There is a part when a woman feels an arm on her then she turns around and realizes it is an arm that has been ripped off. This bit is a jump scene. All this went right over my head when I was 7. Great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybibliophile April 9, 2008

YAWN

This wasn't the greatest of movies. It became kind of monotonous after an hour of watching dinosaurs chase people and people getting killed. Quite a bit of killing, but nothing graphic. We see an arm without a body, a boy with a bloody ear, several cuts, a man with a bloody leg, and a few other mildly disturbing images. A few swear words.
Teen, 14 years old Written by8colony8 February 1, 2011

Really good movie. Some very intense parts that could be scary to younger children. There is some swearing, the worst being s**t. There are 2 gory parts: A severed arm falls on a lady and a bloody goat leg falls onto the top of a jeep. Good movie, please see it!
Parent of a 5, 10, and 13 year old Written byshadowfc September 30, 2009

Just rewatched this "classic" with my teen. My 13 year old heard about this movie and asked to see it. After previewing it, I let her watch it. Concerns? Not many. One "S" bomb when Steve Gutenburg sees an actual pile of dino dung... meant for comic effect. There are some very dangerous and tense situations. Kids in the movie are in constant peril. There are a couple of scenes to be aware of - a man in the beginning of the movie is eaten by a dinosaur in a violent fashion, as is the lawyer eaten off the commode mid-movie (classic scene I'm sure you remember). The latter is violently tossed around before being consumed. Two other adults are killed - presumably - since the movie doesn't show their demise. There is one bloody arm of Samuel L Jackson displayed, but overall there's not much blood at all. Overall, the velociraptors chasing the kids around probably bothered my teen the most. She still talks about how scary it was today, even though they didn't actually catch the kids. Overall, this was a good movie to introduce my 13 year old into "Thrillers" without too much adult content. I'll have to review the sequels to see if they are equally as appropriate.
Parent Written byShivom Oza April 2, 2013

Jurassic Park (3D) Review by Shivom Oza – Timeless!

‘Jurassic Park’, directed by Steven Spielberg, grossed over $900 million worldwide when it released in the year 1993. It became the highest-grossing film of all time, until it was surpassed four years later by ‘Titanic’. 20 years later, the film is back albeit in 3D. You may have heard of the adage, ‘Form is temporary, class is permanent’. Films, which use computer-generated imagery (CGI) extensively, come out in dozens and scores in this day and age. Most of them rely purely on technology and often neglect the ‘writing’. ‘Jurassic Park 3D’ even after 20 years looks as stunning as ever. Moreover, the well-etched characters and the immaculate screenplay only add to this picture-perfect ‘nostalgia’ trip. John Hammond (Richard Attenborough), a billionaire entrepreneur, has built Jurassic Park, a theme park on a tropical island near Costa Rica, populated with cloned dinosaurs. Hammond invites ‘experts’, palaeontologist Dr. Alan Grant (Sam Neill) and botanist Dr. Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern) to certify whether the park is safe. Attorney Donald Genarro (Martin Ferrero), who represents Hammond’s investors, invites mathematician Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum), on his part, to recce the site. The three experts along with the lawyer and Hammond’s two grandchildren embark upon their tour of this exquisite, yet eerie, theme park. One of the employees at the park attempts to steal dinosaur embryos in return for a huge sum of money. In the process, he shuts down all the electricity in the park. This mishap, which allows with the menacing, and thankfully extinct, beasts to venture out of their cages, spells BIG trouble! Jurassic Park won the Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing, Best Sound Editing, and Best Visual Effects. It was hailed by viewers and critics as a path-breaking film, in terms of using technology. 20 years later, it still strikes you with its delightful imagery. Certain clichés mostly associated with the 90s will definitely make you reminisce about the good, old (sans internet, mobile phone) days. The film, with/without 3D, remains a must-watch! ‘Jurassic Park 3D’ is way better than most action/sci-fi/fantasy fare that is dished out these days. Some of the scenes, notably 'Raptors in the Kitchen', 'Nerdy's Plans Go Awry', 'Tyrannosaurus Rex', 'They're Flocking This Way' and 'When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth', post 3D, remain as spine-chilling as ever! For those who were lucky enough to catch the film on the big screen way back in 93/94, why not do an encore! And for those who’ve only experience this legendary film on their television sets, don’t miss this opportunity! Shivom Oza
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2011

Good but iffy for 10 year olds.

I love this show but it is violent. Dinosaurs eat people and kill people in terrifying ways. And there is some cursing to. My rating PG-13 for intense science fiction terror and violence, some language and smoking.
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2010

amazing movie some gory scenes
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2009

i love jurassic park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome movie one of my favorite. The violence was not that bad but that all depends on how old you are and how you handle violence.A lot of people get eaten.But there is not that much blood except for some scratches on some of the main characters.A jeep is puched around by a t rex and that is the most freeky part.That do say a lot of bad words in this movie.But this movie is one of the best movies ever made!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Fantastic!

Jurassic Park is quite possibly Steven Spielberg's best film, and one of my favorite movies in general. Although the movie isn't too scary for older kids: there are two very intense scenes: when the T-Rex attacks the kids in the Jeep and playing hide and seek with raptors in a dark kitchen. I loved this movie, and what CSM said about Jaws being better was total crap. Jaws was good, but didn't craft suspense as well, and I personally don't remember the characters in Jaws, so they obviously weren't very memorable. Anyways, Jurassic Park is a great movie and I highly recommend it.
Educator Written byCSM Temporary U... April 23, 2014

Enthralled little boy.

My son is almost 6, we sat down before the film and I told him if he was scared we could turn it off, he loved it, not a single moment was he scared and we talked through all the jumpy bits afterwards.