Parent reviews for Jurassic World

Reboot is fun but scarier, more violent than the original.

Parent of a 18+-year-old Written byNhilborey July 10, 2019

Too Much consumerism

How can i escape to it?

Adult Written byjkjkjkjkyou June 22, 2019

its not scary at all people are lying

you guys have no idea! watch it yourself first and you will see the movie is fine for kids 6 +

Adult Written byPawsome AnimalLover April 11, 2019

Super amazing but violent

I think this is a great movie, great storyline and the dinosaurs looked amazing! But there a few super violent parts which you may have to watch before your kids, a dinosaur tears a mans arm off, also there is words like “sh*t” “son of a b*tch” and others. But I think it’s a great movie and I recomend it to anyone who is a fan of this series and who loves dinosaurs.

Adult Written byLegitboss1 February 5, 2019
Adult Written byObserver4u October 3, 2018

Disappointment compared to priors

Poor acting, and plot.
Adult Written byGreenThumb October 1, 2018

Nothing wrong with it. I'd let any kid 7+ watch it

Exciting and adventurous. Good movie.
Adult Written byzha107 August 19, 2018

Know your kids and you should be a-ok

Now enjoyment of the movie aside, I think that you should know the level of violence your children can tolerate. If they made it through the previous entries in the JP franchise fine, this will go down a treat for them. Though to be fair, I've heard of a 4 year old who watched the original Jurassic Park when it came out which is a pretty exciting film for lack of a better word.

Adult Written byChristianreviewer77 June 15, 2018
I was very much enjoying the movie with my kids. When all of a sudden the main character says “Jesus” and as a Christian I always turn off movies that use that name in vain. You might think that is not a good reason, but you feel will feel it if they use your gods name as a swear. Very disappointed.

Parent of a 4 and 7-year-old Written byLilMamaWho June 15, 2018

Bit graphic

It was a bit graphic and suspenseful, which usually I have no issue with, but definitely not for the younger crowd.

Parent of a 7 and 9-year-old Written byChris Z. November 24, 2017

Adult Written byvalentinD August 19, 2016

Jurassic world is super for the old kids.

I watched Jurassic World it's very awerome for the old kids same if it's violent with blood but not bodies members.

Adult Written bymfisher0521 May 3, 2016

Great Fun, Lots of Scares

I went into Jurassic World with very high expectations! I've always loved the original! With that said, Jurassic World is a great time for a movie night! Although the film kind of lags in storytelling, that lag is made up for with phenomenal special effects and great action sequences! However, it seems this installment is more violent than the original. People are attacked, eaten, and just completely mauled by the Dinos. Although some of it is bloodless, the director lets us see the horror on some shots. There is blood, but it's not overly seen. A little bit of language but not bad. Some of the violence might be intense and jumpy, but the action makes up for it. I give Jurassic World, ~3 stars~ Enjoy!

Parent of a 8 and 9-year-old Written bymem933 March 13, 2016
Good for kids who can handle violent killing by dinosaurs. A lot of off screen violence for instance a ankylosaurus gets it's head ripped off but not on the screen .Good for kids who can handle violence well.

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byCousinAnnie February 25, 2016

Adjust your expectations

My not-very-sensitive kid loved it - I was more scared than she was. There was plenty of terror and violence but actually less outright gore than I expected. The more mature content consisted of a few suggestive comments by a main character, a bit of tame kissing, and fair amount of swearing (more than in Jurassic Park, no F-bombs though).

As a fan of the original Jurassic Park, which still holds up incredibly well more than 20 years later, I had to quickly downgrade any expectations I had for plot, acting, direction, and cinematography. The script is forced and clunky, and there is no Jeff Goldblum around this time to deliver the weightier lines. Filling out the plot are a few weak and kind of silly subthreads (uptight woman in a business suit falls for rough-around-the-edges raptor tamer! Dark military-industrial complex types want to weaponize velociraptors!). Let's face it, though, the central question of Jurassic World is "what could happen if vicious dinosaurs were let loose on a mass of theme park attendees?" The dialogue really isn't necessary. Think of this as a B-movie - a Godzilla-type blockbuster with a few horror elements mixed in - and enjoy what you can while the kids gawk at dinosaurs eating people and one another.

Adult Written byCupcakesRock February 17, 2016

Why do parents think that this movie is super violent...

This movie is NOT as violent as the original. The original has a lot more blood, and is more frightening. This one has a few jump scenes, but the first had a decapitated arm landing on someone's shoulder, covered with blood! This movie was really good, and I would recommend for everyone ages 10+ to watch it.

Parent of a 8 and 10-year-old Written bybrucie22 December 16, 2015

Wrong Rating

A good summer Blockbuster but for a family affair like the original it misses the mark too violent , gory and tone is too dark for a PG-13 . A shame really Hollywood resort to this and leave parents stuck in the middle !

Parent of a 5, 8, and 12-year-old Written byEmily55555 November 21, 2015

As good as the first movie

I loved it.

Adult Written bySingle_Mom84 November 2, 2015

Cussing unnecessary

I thought the cussing in this movie was unnecessary. One man said Jesus's name in vain one time. Also, sh*t, da*n, & bit*h. Very intense action!!

Parent Written byLarry S October 26, 2015

Giant meat eaters are cool.

Other than some language in a few parts the movie was exciting and fun. Both my kids loved it and the visual effects are great. There are a few Gross spots the blood does not spoil the story. This is ready for TV with a minimum of audio edits and a 8-10 year old that enjoys typical spiderman or super hero shows will be fine.
Adult Written bydoodles October 20, 2015