Parent reviews for Jurassic World

Reboot is fun but scarier, more violent than the original.

Adult Written byScaryLegoAdventure August 31, 2015

Very intense Better For Teens

Jurassic World is Action Pack Scary Fun story is much like First Jurassic Park but with more different Dinosaurs but this movie Could be too Scary For little kids More Intense Peril than Original Movie and main characters Done well By actors But there are themes Such as teenager Boy character flirting with girls most of movie And there is talk of Parent divorce which might not be something parents want talk about so i hope this helps !

Adult Written bymayaa August 29, 2015

Not for young children

Came to the movie not expecting it to be so violent but turned out it was so gory and violent it made the movie good. The jokes were pretty funny too. Although there are 2 kissing scenes. This movie was amazing but not for young children. A lot of it was pretty sad and it has a main character crying about how he suspects his parents are getting divorced because they got mail from 2 divorce lawyers. Unless you don't mind telling your child what that's about don't take them to watch this movie. The older characters talk about mating and sex but not with the actual word. To give you the idea, in the movie Owen says: "The dinosaurs think I need to hunt, I need to eat, I need to..." Then Owen makes a first and moves it back and forth to show mating. Young children won't get what that means and some might ask. Great movie for 12 year olds.

Adult Written byDinosaursCoolAction August 27, 2015

Very Violent And Very gory Awesome movie

I love Jurassic World but if was a Dad of kids wouldn't take my young kids this movie very intense there is lots Blood splat more than original Movies some funny Jokes but young kids won't get it also don't recommend any kid who haven't see much movies with peril and violence the story is Awesome two leading boys are great acting there are some themes such kiss but only like two times but old brother does like girls see him look at them allot and there is talk parent Divorce which some parents might want talk to children could upsetting some kids movie some Emotional scenes many Characters Dies this must see movie but not for young kids best for old teens hope this Helps

Adult Written bysprinkleunicorn32 August 26, 2015

Must see movie... with a set-back

I love the movie and the message behind it a lot. It has a little too much violence for my taste. Other wise love it sooooooo much

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byNicholock August 22, 2015

Great for the kid at heart and their children

I have been a long time fan of the Jurassic Park films. I went to the theater to see the first one with my parents and sister when I was about 8-9, and I was able to take my 8 year old to see this movie. We saw it twice, in 3-D, at the theater, and loved it each time. It has some "jump out at you" moments, loud roars/screams/dramatic music moments to increase the surprise, a few cuss words, and scenes where it was insinuated that someone was killed/eaten. I did cover his eyes about 2 times where is showed someone actually being "hurt" by a dinosaur, but I let him watch the dinosaur on dinosaur fighting action. My son was not scared at all during this movie. He adores dinosaurs, and the parts which were meant to be "scary" were his, and my, favorite parts! The ending has us whooping and laughing with joy, as did many other scenes throughout this movie. I say it is fine for 8+, but it all depends on your child as well. My niece, whom is 7, would have hated this movie. Use your best judgement, and be aware of what your child can handle.
Adult Written byvishnumurali123 August 13, 2015

Great Classic

Well there is a good amount of blood in the movie, any mature kid can see this, but the PG-13 rating fits the best.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStellarMan1546 August 7, 2015

One of the best movies ever!

I like how this movie has high definition, and good story quality and a vivid picture of the Characters. Though this movie is supposed to have been rated R. This movie is still violent for a PG-13 film and may cross the border for R, but the violence doesn't bother me at all. There is a little swearing but it has some great messages.

Adult Written by[email protected] July 30, 2015

Dino had a snack

I think that this is awesome movie and a must see for Dino lovers. And yes it includes a lot of violence and action, with many, many, people in danger. But there is not much else.

Adult Written bydavidr1998 July 17, 2015
Parent Written byAllisonD 1 July 12, 2015

Relax parents please....

Well I honestly think some parents are blowing it out of proportion this movie was less violent than Jurassic Park the original. Unlike in Jurassic Park it didn't have a severed arm on somebody's shoulder where you could see the blood. It was very PG. My son and i loved it. It was a lot like the original Jurassic Park with the less gore.

Parent Written byambei-pure July 9, 2015

Shocked

Was very surprised at the out come as when i went in to watch it I had low expectations from what had seen on trailer. But i am glad that I stay and watch it to the end as was very satisfied enjoyed every bit of it and will be going back with my family again soon
Adult Written byhamzaa July 5, 2015

Cool but sometimes scary

its a great movie but some parts of the movie are a little scary like the dinosaurs eat some of the main characters

Parent of a 10 and 15-year-old Written byfastraxsg July 5, 2015
Its a bit scarier than the jurassic park movies but definitely just as good (or better!) My 10 year old cousin watched this movie and LOVED it, but it may be a bit scary and violent for kids of that age. Really depends on your child! I'm 15 and I was already on the edge of my seat throughout the whole movie! Maybe more suitable for younger boys but not girls? If your child is interested in the movie, i'd say just let them go for it! Definitely not a movie you want to miss.

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byjustinerl July 3, 2015

B-E-S-T M-O-V-I E -V-E-R

4 people died getting eaten...22 died total...

Adult Written bylexi July 1, 2015

amazing movie

It is a great film that is really intense and i dont usually get scared during movies but it was a pretty scary movie! Lots of violence but doesnt really show much and anyone 12 and up shpuld be fine watching it unless they dont like seeing people get eaten

Parent of a 1-year-old Written byCrimson820 June 29, 2015

Adult Written bydpadien June 28, 2015

A fun movie, no deep thoughts and scary for younder kids.

It is pretty cookie cutter action film expect with dinosaurs - nice references to the original. A fun summer movie.
Adult Written byConscious mom June 28, 2015

Terrifying and amazing but not for kids

It was realistic and scary . So amazing but it will most definitely give a kid nightmares
Parent of a 12-year-old Written bymarkburdette June 27, 2015

Entertaining But Predictable

Like with any sequels or reboots you always have to attempt to be bigger, badder and broader than the original. They definitely achieved being bigger than the first three films. Jurassic World is more intense and more violent than the previous three films combined. So if you are expecting tamer scenes of people getting eaten by dinosaurs you won't find it in Jurassic World. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but where you could let your 10 year old watch Jurassic Park you really should think twice with this one. Jurassic World is why you go to the movies and it definitely entertaining but predictable.
Adult Written bykteachermom48 June 26, 2015

Too much suffering to be any fun

Depictions of animal suffering - up close and personal, really rubbing your nose in it - and over the top violence made this a big disappointment for my son and I. Lots of gore, innocent bystanders getting not just attacked but repeatedly, relentlessly tortured. Took all the fun out of what we were hoping would be a good sequel.