Parent reviews for Jurassic World

Reboot is fun but scarier, more violent than the original.

Adult Written byabbacus June 26, 2015

Great summer blockbuster! Will please fans of Jurassic Park!

I really enjoyed this movie! I'm 18 (soon to be 19) and I went with my dad to Jurassic World. We are both big fans of the original Jurassic Park movie so there were pretty high expectations in place for the new film, and we both agree that it was a very good movie. For the most part I think JW lived up to my expectations. I still like the first JP best, but JW is better than both its sequels. I'm not going to waste the time going into detail about this movie, but just know that I do feel that fans of the previous movies will be satisfied with Jurassic World, as well as newcomers or people just looking for a good summer blockbuster. It was totally worth seeing on the big screen - this is the kind of movie that if you watch it on a tv, it will not be the same experience at all - so if you want to see it, I really recommend experiencing it in theaters. I think most teens would be able to handle seeing this movie. There is a lot of violence/action. Most of it is not bloody but you can hear bone crunching. Overall just some very intense dinosaur terror. Some language, but not a lot, and very mild innuendo between two characters. I'm torn between giving Jurassic World 4 or 5 stars so I'll settle for 4 and a half. I really recommend seeing this movie, especially if you are a fan of the originals! It is a great addition to the saga!

Adult Written byzeekattacklee June 25, 2015

My Jurassic World Review

This film took the cake.. The film itself did surprise me a lot .. on the other note,the film does have it's frightening moments with dinosaur terror and a little bit of language.("mainly the S-word") on that note, I Personally wouldn't recommend this film to any family member that is under the age of eight.. Otherwise, it is a perfect choice that the older children in the family will enjoy.

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 June 23, 2015

Sequel delivers on promise of past two sequels

So was Jurassic World's highest box-office opening of all time warranted? (Also I feel bad for them because that reign will end as soon as The Force Awakens opens in December). I would say so, because it fits that definitive blockbuster mold Spielberg himself helped create with Jaws. While, like I say, I had minor problems throughout, the characters are a little stock, though Chris Pratt could play a variation of Star-Lord and I don't think I'll ever get bored with him. But the movie itself is an amusement ride: don't think too much about it, you're in it with tons of people, and there's massive spectacle to behold. The special effects are stupendous, and when that original John Williams JP score kicks in movie lovers and fans of the original will find their nirvana. While it does take a little while to get things moving, that's just because they have so much to establish since we haven't visited this franchise in over a decade. Colin Trevorrow, whose Safety Not Guarunteed I enjoyed as a little indie gem, and I'm sure his massive team behind him finds a balance of human drama and fantastical dinosaur wonder. In other words, unlike John Hammond, he can make dinos and humans mix just fine. You'll like this ride.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byDublin Parent June 23, 2015

Typical Hollywood Blockbuster

Dinosaurs, kids in danger, heroes to the rescue, background romantic story, comic moments, the main characters live happily ever after, all the ingredients of a typical Hollywood blockbuster. Watched it in IMAX 3-D for the special effects and it looked really good. Great entertainment but possibly a little too scary for the younger kids.
Parent Written byjacquef June 22, 2015
stay 10+

Adult Written byDaboss_101 June 21, 2015

Why Jurassic world is suitable

Most parents of young children don't like action. This movie has some but it also has some humor, barely any swearing but many deaths in the movie.Ifyour kid liked the 1st movie or any movie in the franchise you should let him/her see the movie. If your kid is scared during the movie tell him it's just actors they are not really dead.
Adult Written byIamAgirl June 20, 2015

Awesome and Interesting Movie!

It was a great movie and the animation was really realistic. There was a lot of violence and death and all. I heard the b work a few times.

Parent of a 13 and 13-year-old Written byppicone June 19, 2015

A great continuation of the Jurassic Series....

This is NOT a movie for young children. I was overhearing conversations that adults were having with children who probably should not have been viewing the movie (especially on opening night). The conversations were about the death of the characters and the blood, etc. If you have a mature 11 or 12 year old who is not easily scared, then view it first, then decide. My 13 year old twin girls totally enjoyed it!
Parent of a 5 and 8-year-old Written bylorrainek June 19, 2015

Very gory

I think this was a great suspenseful movie, but not appropriate for younger kids. It was very very gory! There were several scenes where the dinosaurs ate people and blood splattered everywhere. There was one scene where it looked like about a 5 gallon bucket of blood was splattered all over this big glass wall in the lab. A LOT of people dies compared to the first movie. However, I did like it for myself, but I personally would not recommend it for kids younger than 12 (and I am no prude)

Adult Written byAidan S. June 19, 2015
Adult Written bybenjaminm June 16, 2015

Good movie--very violent

I thought that it was a very clever movie. There was a few inappropriate references and infrequent language throughout. There was also a lot of violent scenes (I think one of the scenes was too violent) and a lot of scenes where you jump. Overall a good movie and I think people ages 13+ should be able to handle it!

Adult Written byJacobTC June 16, 2015

Good but has a lot of violence

amazing film but has a LOT more violince then the other "jurassic" movies
the overall result is awsume my only problom with it (being a HUGE dino nerd) is that there is a lot of fake facts in the movie

Adult Written byrobertg1 June 16, 2015

Captivating.

One thing must be clear; Jurassic World has been able to build on all the previous blockbuster movies from its series whilst at the same time capturing and continuing the same style and humor as the first Jurassic Park. The action scenes, which have been widely critisized in the JP III, where thrilling, live and long. Dedicated fans of the series will cry and laugh at the various easter eggs and connections made to the first film. I can only applaud the cast and the production team for this great and multi-layered final product.
Adult Written bydanielh1 June 14, 2015

Acting and CGI needed some work, but a good action flick.

Watched Jurassic world. It was a good Film. Perfect picture for most families. My only critique was the substandard acting and an overuse of CGI. I feel some of the film wasn't playing to the cast's abilities, and could have used some practical effects to bring us back to what made this franchise so successful. In the end what made this movie enjoyable was the story line, and the writer/ director's ability to play homage to the original Jurassic park. I give it 3 and a half stars. Not an award winner, but a fun film overall. I recommend it for ages 10 and up.

Parent of a 14 and 16-year-old Written bycyndifug8 June 14, 2015

Dinosaur Apocalypse

Movie starts a bit slow, but definitely picks up the pace about 15 or 20 minutes in. The 3D effects are pretty well done and there were plenty of suspenseful and scary moments. The back story was nowhere near as good as the original, and the movie was built on action sequences. It is very intense, and the violence was a bit much for me.

Adult Written bybenjaminlesser June 14, 2015

13 and up

If it is a PG-13 movie. It is for people who are 13 or older. IT IS THAT SIMPLE!
Adult Written byStingraylover June 13, 2015

it was good but

this movie is great but all of the movie was violent and very bloody and im saying this because the movie is aimed for kids because there are lego sets there are commercials on kids tv stations it was great but not good for 10 and under

Parent of a 10 and 13-year-old Written byafenrick June 12, 2015

Dinosaur thriller really entertained

How much you will enjoy this movie will depend on your expectations. It's a dinosaur/monster movie. And a pretty good one. It was a little slow to start but the special effects and the dinosaur scenes were really fun. Compared to the other Jurassic Park movies, I think it was far superior to 2 and 3 and on par with the first one. Have we seen movies like this before? Sure. Is it worth seeing again. Definitely! My 13 year old and 10 year old LOVED it.

Adult Written byBlackWidow97 June 12, 2015

Triumphant return to Jurassic Park

Like the original film, there are scenes depicting human and dinosaur deaths. Some contain blood which may be intense for younger viewers. A few named dinosaurs are killed. A few sexual jokes but they are mild. Consumerism is very heavy but is acknowledged in the film (the film's message can be traced to consumerism and the movie going audience as a whole).

All in all, if you can handle the first movie you should be fine. Some scenes contain a bit of blood. A few of the kills are predictable and allow you to prepare.

Adult Written byGoCowboys June 12, 2015

Great movie for mature kids and teens!

The movie was very violent, but kids 11 and up could handle this.