Kid reviews for Jurassic World

Reboot is fun but scarier, more violent than the original.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMr. America April 25, 2018

GREAT MOVIE not the best for little kids

Jurassic World brings the nostalgia back to the original Jurassic park while also putting a new spin of ideas even if it can't beat the original. Some characters are good but however are sometimes not the best role models for children who are still learning about reality of life. Owen the main character (played by Chris Pratt) might go out on his own sometimes. The babysitter and Claire sometimes show neglect towards their children. That being said the message this movie gives out is ok but sometimes gets muddled in the larger story they're trying to tell. Their is a lot of violence in Jurassic world. Dinosaurs eating people some in more violent ways then others. The most violent example is when a Pteranodon picks up the babysitter then proceeds to throw her in the water before being eaten by a Mosasaurus. An older child can tell the dinosaurs are CGI but when I watched this even at age 12 I was still scared by some of the dinosaurs in the movie. The movie does have some tense moments at times that definitely will not be good for the more little kids Common violence tropes in this movie include - blood and gore - Dinosaurs eating people - Dinosaurs eating and killing other dinosaurs - Dinosaurs injuring people - jumpscares - explosions - loud dinosaur roars and snarls - loud noises in general Yes their is plenty of ad and product placements in this movie too many to count in fact however, it does not break the movie. Their is also a bit of swearing such as with words like damn, shit, and badass Over all statement good movie but maybe steer it away from some of the younger viewers

Teen, 14 years old Written byskkydragon April 23, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm3284 February 5, 2018

Best Jurassic out of all! (Fallen Kingdom looks better though)

To all of those people who say it should be rated R for violence... watch Jaws, THAT was rated PG. This is one of my ALL-TIME favorites and it never gets old. The pacing is also SO GOOD! Some people say the first 40 minutes are boring, but those people do not know what GOOD PACING means. Great movie night action fantasy thriller! Great movie to watch with friends. BEWARE: There are scary moments!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMeghna January 28, 2018

A fun reebot

The new sequel to Jurassic park is fun and the acting is great. This movie was great but not better than the first movie. I think it is ok for 12 and up
Kid, 8 years old December 30, 2017

greattt

I watched it with my papaw before i watched jurassic park. I think jurassic world has alot more violence and so much more cussing. lots more blood than jurassic park. still a great movie though!

Teen, 13 years old Written byseo2004 November 14, 2017

SOOO MANY BAD WORDS

if u like action, this movie is fine for u but it has multiple bad words (including b**** but no mentions of f***) and most of the main characters die

Teen, 13 years old Written byKingRobert November 7, 2017

The best movie of 2015

My mom and I came out of the theater laughing because it was so good.

Kid, 11 years old October 2, 2017

Exciting, scary and good!

It's a good movie but if you're scared of realistic looking dinosaurs and a bit of blood, you might wet your pants! It was about an 8 out of 10 on my personal gore scale. It was pretty exciting and a bit scary. If you really like dinosaurs, which I do, it will be a good movie for you.
Kid, 10 years old October 2, 2017

Not TOO Gruesome

Jurassic World was exciting, a bit scary for an 8 year old, and not terribly gruesome (7 out of 10 on my personal gruesome scale.) There were two kids who were the main characters, which I liked. The dinosaurs looked really real! Someone who likes action movies and dinosaurs will like this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJolZmoVieZ August 31, 2017

Epic Movie

A good movie for kids 13 and up. More violent than the previous 3 movies. A bit of language but nothing too over the top.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGamer183 August 18, 2017

Very cool movie!

I adored this movie, while I had loved not at all three first ones Jurassic Park. This version is more modern, but also more realistic. A very good action movie for teens and adults !

Teen, 13 years old Written byCatlover75 August 16, 2017

Sweet movie!

A little gory bit a really cool movie. I like all the actors, I think it would be fine for kids ages 10 and up. Some language but pretty infrequent
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe dat boi August 10, 2017

Rehash movie has it moments

This movie is violent and has a bunch of product placement

Teen, 13 years old Written by13hclover August 9, 2017

I love it!

I love this movie and yes, it is pretty violent, I can't deny that, but also, what would you expect a movie about dinosaurs to be about. There is some swearing, not overly used but there definitely is some. I love that this movie is action filled but also tells a very interesting and progressive story about 2 kids and their aunt and a man who can "communicate" with raptors and other dinosaurs. Oh, and did a mention, I learned A LOT about dinosaurs in this film. So far as sequels or whatever they're called go, this is really good.
Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2017

really good. movie in terms of who can watch it, it just depends on the kid

this is a really good movie, its not as good as the original, but its far better then j.p 2 and 3. i gave it a ten plus rating although with most movies it really depends on the kid, I'm currently 11 and i could of watched this two years ago and I'm sure there are some 15 year olds who would be scared by this.what i mean is that the age doesn't matter. its more about what there okay with.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLeondaboss June 10, 2017

good movie

this is quite a good movie but never lived up to my expectations, i would still advise watching it though as it's a good watch nonetheless. it has violence and infrequent swearing so i would advise 8 and up. i think the characters quick and logical thinking makes them good role models.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJMS12392952 May 31, 2017

GREAT REBOOT

Jurassic World is a reboot that just works on all cylinders. I loved the dinosaurs and the great characters and plot.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperman13 May 22, 2017

Fun, thrilling, and entertaining reboot is much more violent than original film.

Steven Spielberg's massive 1993 blockbuster Jurassic Park, the original film of this franchise, was considerably less scary compared to 2015's Jurassic World. The film takes place is an fully operational dinosaur theme park (with many innocent civilians of all ages), where a genetically modified hybrid dinosaur escapes containment and begins to wreak havoc on the island, causing an all out dinosaur assault to ensue. Lots of people (mostly armed soldiers, but a couple civilians too) get killed and eaten by the vicious dinos. A civilian woman is picked up by a Pterosaur and eventually gets eaten by a Mosasaur (after a drawn out scene), two kids are threatened by dinosaurs, an antagonist is ripped to shreds by a Velociraptor (off screen, but with a splash of blood), the vicious Indominus Rex kills and eats many soldiers in scary fashion, a pack of raptors stalk and kill a team of soldiers, an innocent worker is eaten by the Indominus, and more. There is much more blood than the original, and some really tense scenes. Some swearing can be expected (s--t, d-mn, etc.), but nothing more. Young children will not be able to handle the film, but it is still very fun popcorn action flick.

Kid, 9 years old April 30, 2017

WOW

When I watched the first Jurassic park I wanted to watch Jurassic world and all that waiting it was worth it! It was very violent a lady is nearly eaten alive by ptarodons but then eaten by a mososaurus in the beginning two men are eaten by the indominous rex and you see its bloody teeth the I rex also attacks kids but they don't die and the raptors eat a mans hand off then blood is sprayed all over a window and the t rex and the I rex get into a bloody fight witch could disturb veiwers their was also some language theirs the b word and the s word are said a few time along with d***m and H**l but over all it was great!

Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2017

Great movie

Whether or not your kid(s) should see it depends on how much violence/gore your kid can take. I think the age range is 11+, but if you have a mature 9-year-old who you think can handle it (like I was when I watched this), then try it and see! Much gore, violence (one scene where blood spatters from off-screen on a wall, and another where a dino eats another dino who's in the middle of gorging on a minor supporting character) and some swearing, though. It all depends on your kid!