Kid reviews for Jurassic World

Reboot is fun but scarier, more violent than the original.

Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2015

This is better than Jurassic park

This is a great movie if you're into violence. I give it an A-. I think the violence is great though. It's a very intense movie. Some blood, but not really any gore. A couple times in the movie you'll jump. This is the best movie I've ever seen for sound effects. I really recommend it if you liked the first Jurassic park movie!!

Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2015

Jurassic world

There's a lot of violence and language and stuff. The End.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytyjackmatt July 3, 2015

Jurassic World

I think it is a really good movie, for the most part Only think is that it could be scary and could definitely give kids nightmares
Teen, 13 years old Written byScaredyCat July 2, 2015

Great for Teens

The violence is slightly more graphic than the previous films. While the victim's bodies are off camera as they are being killed, there is sound effects which tell the viewers that flesh is being ripped or bones have been crushed. There is blood splattered on glass in one scene. There is cussing (mostly "b-tch"), however it is not excessive. The jump scares are not too gruesome, but will probably make very young children end up in tears. Children that are very sensitive to loud noises will probably not enjoy this.

Teen, 15 years old Written byW0PR July 2, 2015

lots of fun people eating with a nice and solid plot

this movie is extremely enjoyable and has limited violence. most of the people are eaten in one bite and the camera cuts away right after they are grabbed. there are loud crunches and spattering blood though so those who are disgusted by gore ought to be warned. a fat bald guy who works with the army wants to turn the raptors into weapons and talks about them being purposely unleashed on people. adult guests at the park are shown being picked up by flying mutant dinosaurs and the boys babysitter is eaten. a man has his head get crunched by raptor but the one black man in the movie survives.
Teen, 16 years old Written byilikepie367 July 1, 2015

Intense and exciting

This movie was really exciting! Much more intense than the other ones and much more exciting in my opinion. It's also pretty gruesome though, and dinosaurs eat a lot of people. Young kids might be frightened.
Kid, 10 years old June 30, 2015
I went to see this movie with my 10 y/o friend and a 7 y/o sister,This is a great movie but very gory, I do not recommend seeing this with younger kids who tend to get scared over blood, monsters etc. But if you do not like a lot of swearing this movies has a couple of swear words. Multiple people get eaten of get very close to death. But you do not see the people get eaten.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytqm007 June 30, 2015

Spielberg magic is back, but amazing visual effects is the only way to distract viewers from a poor storyline.

Chris Pratt displays a great performance and reminds us of Sam Neill in the original 90's trilogy. With stunning visual effects, great acting and great directing the film is an exciting flick. However, the more cunning members of the audience will notice a string of continuity errors and sloppy story writing. Mercedes Benz product placement taints the movie, as every car, van , 4x4, golf buggy, lorry, armoured truck and plush SUV is one. Which brings us onto another issue. When the two boys discover an old Jeep in a shed, the younger of the siblings suddenly yells "OMG! LOOK AT THIS 1993 JEEP WRANGLER SHORT WHEELBASE 4.0L SOFT TOP SAFARI EDITION!" Exactly how does one know the engine size by having one glance at the car? 1. This 8 year old is a Jeep enthusiast and knows the engine size because this car may have only had one size option. 2. Over excited script writing. 3. Product Placement. Which of these sounds most likely to you? Also I think that the crew would have put a Mercedes Benz hiding behind a tree in every shot if they were paid to do so. I would recommend this film as it's great entertainment and certainly will be one of the biggest movies of 2015.

Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2015

Amazing, but very gory

This film is purely awesome for kids 12 and up. For 10 to 11 it's iffy. Though it has a high body count, the problems are resolved by end of the movie and all the characters learn a good lesson (or die). Overall this wasn't better than the original as some people said it was. Through the blood and language there is a good message that abounds this movie. To help others, even if what you do might go against you. -True Venom

Teen, 13 years old Written byRaptor8 June 29, 2015

A colorful, eye popping and fun reboot, that is filled with terrifying violence.

Jurassic World is a very fun movie, that surely surpasses the ugly sequels we got from Spielberg. Isla Nublar is the Disneyland for kids in the future. And scientists gene splice a brand new dinosaur called, The Indominus Rex. Well, he escapes and they need Chris Pratt to go hunt him down, before he kills the visitors at the park. And he does cause havoc, eats people and animals, with blood spray on the camera, a woman in thrown around in the air before she is eaten by a dinosaur, there is a scene where a dinosaur kills a man and blood sprays on a window. That is just some of the violence in the film. If your 7 year old can't handle it, please don't take them. It is very mature, and dark, not your average Jurassic Park movie. Although it is a fun movie that is worth the IMAX 3D extra.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysxrah.i June 28, 2015

Bloody but Amazing

I was really surprised that I actually loved this movie. However, I didn't really expect it to be so bloody. It's definitely a bit more violent than the other movies in the series. There are some great messages and great role models. It does have high language such as b**** and s***, but they aren't used so often throughout the movie. The one thing that I was a little annoyed while watching was how much consumerism that was in the movie. I recommend this to people age 13 and up because of violence, but if you have younger kids who aren't put off by violence and blood than it is still a great movie to watch with them. I watched this with my dad and my little sister who is 8, and she loved the movie.

Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2015

Oh My God

This film was amazing. I loved the action, the characters, humor, and of course, the dinosaurs. The new hybrid dinosaur, the Indominus Rex, is super cool, and the raptors are too. The film is much better in 3D, but 2D is also amazing. If you haven't seen the film already, make plans to see it. It's better than the other two sequels and about as good as the original Jurassic Park. Also, taking little kids isn't a bad idea, My 2 year old cousin saw it in theaters, IN 3D, and she loved it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRarityQ June 28, 2015

An intense sequel...

This movie is much more intense than those that came before it. It's a bit like Jaws, but has a lot less adult themes.

Teen, 17 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 27, 2015

Fun, surprisingly effective monster movie is bloody and intense.

Jurassic World is the fourth entry in the Jurassic Park series. A series that started out so innovative and bold, but slowly lost its charm over the years and sequels. However Jurassic World returns to the series original roots. Some may argue this is just a monster movie and nothing else, and while there not entirely wrong, there not entirely right either. Jurassic World is a great movie, and I loved it. Its got great characters, some incredibly scary and intense scenes as well as a fair share a tugs on the heart strings. Its message boils down to leaving nature alone, and that man will never control it no matter what. Natural laws have no pitty, and its exemplified in every frame of the film with surprisingly gruesome kills and very very frightening scenes. But as intense as it can be at times, it can also have little moments of emotional heft. Its the tiny things in this film that pull at your heart strings and do it very effectively. While it is a good film, don't mistake it for something that could be considered appropriate for kids. It has a ton of scenes of bloody dinosaur attacks and intense scares. Dinosaurs not only kill people, but also fight and seriously hurt each other. The most gruesome scenes of the film come with the Dinosaur the Indominous Rex, its shown in several scenes, biting people in half by the torso, using its hands to throw and tear apart its prey. Blood is shown in several scenes splattering against the leaves of trees or glass windows, the most disturbing part of this is the realistic screams of the characters being eaten. Characters are stepped on, clawed, bloodied, bit in half, and more. Its far more violent and scary than Jurassic Park was, but its also an engaging and intriguing theme of leaving nature be. I seriously recommend it if yours a fan of the Jurassic Park movies, or monster movies in general you'll have a blast with it.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysammythecat June 27, 2015

Jurassic World :)

Jurassic World is a thrilling film with lots of action. However, most of this action does appear as violence, which, for some kids, is too much to handle. The movie does also have some bad language used in it (sh*t and damn) which might not be right for all ages. I think anything above the age of 13 ( or mature 12 year olds ) is the right age to see this movie. It's a great movie, after all!! :)

Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2015

Can't beat the original, but still great!

I have really been excited for this movie since the first trailer's release. I heard from my friends that there are many jumpscare scenes. And they were right! There were most where I got traumized at and others that I saw in trailers but got jumpscared in the movie. I would have recommended 7 and above to see this, but this movie can scare many kids and this one is a bit bloody. If kids below 8 wants to see this, show them the Lego cutscene instead. A bit violent, but is just cartoonish violence. And is funnier.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Reel Aisle Seat June 26, 2015

Thrilling, but not as scary as "Jurassic Park"

"Jurassic World" is a good movie. It has excellent action sequences, the acting is great, and the visual effects are top notch. However, it is not quite as scary or as edgy as I had hoped it would be, and there were a few plot holes. Yet, it met my hopes on just about every other matter, earning it four stars. This is a pretty violent movie, and some scenes could scare kids. There is some bad language in the movie, but there is not much in terms of sex and drugs or alcohol. This should be okay for teens and most tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byabmoviewatcher June 26, 2015

BEST MOVIE EVER

I'm not a huge dinosaur fan but this is the best movie I've seen in a long, long, long time! And although it's so amazing, the violence is a lot worse than the first Jurassic parks. The indominous could smell anything living so it could always find where people were hiding and main characters(including kids) were constantly in life or death situations. As for the violence, lots of people died and were attacked by the flying dinosaurs. For the most part though, people were gobbled up in one bite or the death happened off screen although there are times when peoples' arms were bitten off etc. on screen. The story line had a great twist at the end and every kid would love. There wasn't much swearing: a couple uses of b**ch and sometimes said by kids. Other than that, there isn't much to worry about.mThere was a part where the kids find the cars and supplies from the ancient Jurassic Park and included Tim's night goggles which I loved. Great movie. Great plot. It was amazing. If you have younger kids, I would advise you to watch it first. Btw Chris Pratt was AMAZING!! (As always)

Teen, 15 years old Written bySpencer15 June 25, 2015

Jurassic World

I loved this movie it was great especially with Chris Pratt in it!! Kids can watch this amazing adventure movie!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 June 24, 2015

Irritating characters and a so so pace pull down an entertaining enough movie.

Now this film doesn't quite live up to the standards of the original masterpiece, but as the sequels go its miles better than 3, and a little better than lost world. The action, suspense and comedy are all here to make an entertaining summer blockbuster. But there's problems. The characters aren't underdeveloped, but they're designed in a way to make you want them to be eaten. We have trained raptors, which goes against everything they were talking about in the first movie, and some guy wants them in the military (any other Alien fan boys hearing something familiar?). I also get bored of hearing the same, high tech genetics story which, in my view, is overused. Until the half way mark I was easily looking towards the ** section. It improved by the end, but I don't like dinosaurs attacking masses, just individual people. This is no where as good as the original, but its a solid effort. There's fun and scary moments, but not enough character building, uneven pacing and over use of CGI. A passable film, but no masterpiece.