Kid reviews for Jurassic World

Reboot is fun but scarier, more violent than the original.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDylanRTwinHills June 13, 2015

Very Gruesome for a Pg-13 movie

I have been a huge fan of Jurassic Park since I was in 4th grade, and I loved all of them (except for Jurassic Park 3, which is a very disappointing movie) and I was excited for Jurassic World ever since the first trailer. I'd say the first Jurassic Park wasn't very inappropriate for most people, and neither was the third. But the second one pushed the envelope in my opinion, but I loved the movie because of that. Jurassic World pushes even harder, but the difference is that not many of the deaths are fun. The victims scream, and yell, and most of them are completely innocent people. The first scene where the military guys die is pretty cool, but later on there is a scene where an innocent (she's annoying but she's still innocent!) women who is thrown back and forth between pterodactyls and (while screaming is eaten alive by them. It's a long and gruesome death that just makes you feel bad. That was one of the worst, but expect these kinds of thing s when you go into the movie. The script is also pretty predictable, but I could tolerate it. Jurassic World isn't very good, but it isn't bad, so if your kids are above the age of 12 and can handle it, then they will probably enjoy it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bythe dat boi August 10, 2017

Rehash movie has it moments

This movie is violent and has a bunch of product placement

Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2017

Superb!!!!!

In the fourth installment of the acclaimed Jurassic Park series special effects, acting, and suspense are extremely great. Brief language, but nothing to bad. There is a bit of violence that may be of concern to parents. Even though the dinosaurs eat quite a few people, it is not that graphic and the movie takes care that we don't lose any characters we like. Overall, this movie is great and has a really cool final battle!

Kid, 9 years old April 30, 2017

WOW

When I watched the first Jurassic park I wanted to watch Jurassic world and all that waiting it was worth it! It was very violent a lady is nearly eaten alive by ptarodons but then eaten by a mososaurus in the beginning two men are eaten by the indominous rex and you see its bloody teeth the I rex also attacks kids but they don't die and the raptors eat a mans hand off then blood is sprayed all over a window and the t rex and the I rex get into a bloody fight witch could disturb veiwers their was also some language theirs the b word and the s word are said a few time along with d***m and H**l but over all it was great!

Teen, 13 years old Written byChameleon April 13, 2017

7.5/10

When dinosaurs escape from the new Jurrasic World, the visitors are locked in a life or death struggle. 11+ for moderate violence, aggressive moderate language, a high body count and bloody images. While this film has excellent action and CGI, the plot really feels like the same old storyline. No really, it's just some people getting chased by dinosaurs

Kid, 8 years old August 16, 2016

can be very scary,violent,some language,consumerism,and drinking and smoking.But great.

Jurassic world was a great sequel.But is very violent,lots of consumerism,some drinking and a few romantic kisses.I prefer ages 13 and up.

Teen, 17 years old Written byzhenisawesome February 26, 2016

good

It can be scary but still fun. All you really godda do is tell your kid to close their eyes. for some parts

Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2015

Great movie, lots of violence

I think that it was the best movie I've ever seen! However, I think that it is a pause for kids younger than eight due to violence and some infrequent swearing. I saw it in the theater and it was very enjoyable because I am not sensitive to violence at all. If your kid is sensitive to violence, it WILL give them nightmares. I am not, so I did not have any. The swearing isn't THAT bad, most 9-10 year olds know the words. I say pause for 8.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhipster02 July 2, 2015

Amazing

Overall this film is fantastic! It is quite violent and there are a lot of scary/violent/upsetting scenes so it depends on your child. For example I know most 11 year old boys would be absolutely fine with it, but I know some 13 year olds who probably wouldn't enjoy the movie. If you like exciting, tense films this will be great and also has a great story line. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bySir Darry Koenig June 17, 2015

Great Continuation to the First Movie, but Not As Family Friendly

Jurassic World is a great direct continuation to the original Jurassic Park, but it's not as family friendly due to the increased violence. Although it's more bloody, it's not exactly gory. But the blood that shows lets you know that the certain person was wounded and killed in a very intense and disturbing way. Also the flying dinosaurs grabbing people and throwing them and graphic kills. It's also scarier in the way that there are more jump-scares and bigger, scarier monsters. But if your child is a tween or a teen, you can watch this summer blockbuster as a family. There is also the occasional "sh*t" and a couple sexual references that the older viewers might chuckle at. Jurassic World is great and fun though. It might not be as great as Jurassic Park, but it's very close to being as awesome and suspenseful.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNeon_Fish June 14, 2015

Great movie

It is an exciting action packed family movie which I highly recommend. However if you have young kids be warned there is a lot of violence and sad scenes and Sh#t is also said once

Teen, 13 years old Written byCatlover75 August 16, 2017

Sweet movie!

A little gory bit a really cool movie. I like all the actors, I think it would be fine for kids ages 10 and up. Some language but pretty infrequent
Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2017

really good. movie in terms of who can watch it, it just depends on the kid

this is a really good movie, its not as good as the original, but its far better then j.p 2 and 3. i gave it a ten plus rating although with most movies it really depends on the kid, I'm currently 11 and i could of watched this two years ago and I'm sure there are some 15 year olds who would be scared by this.what i mean is that the age doesn't matter. its more about what there okay with.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperman13 May 22, 2017

Fun, thrilling, and entertaining reboot is much more violent than original film.

Steven Spielberg's massive 1993 blockbuster Jurassic Park, the original film of this franchise, was considerably less scary compared to 2015's Jurassic World. The film takes place is an fully operational dinosaur theme park (with many innocent civilians of all ages), where a genetically modified hybrid dinosaur escapes containment and begins to wreak havoc on the island, causing an all out dinosaur assault to ensue. Lots of people (mostly armed soldiers, but a couple civilians too) get killed and eaten by the vicious dinos. A civilian woman is picked up by a Pterosaur and eventually gets eaten by a Mosasaur (after a drawn out scene), two kids are threatened by dinosaurs, an antagonist is ripped to shreds by a Velociraptor (off screen, but with a splash of blood), the vicious Indominus Rex kills and eats many soldiers in scary fashion, a pack of raptors stalk and kill a team of soldiers, an innocent worker is eaten by the Indominus, and more. There is much more blood than the original, and some really tense scenes. Some swearing can be expected (s--t, d-mn, etc.), but nothing more. Young children will not be able to handle the film, but it is still very fun popcorn action flick.

Teen, 15 years old Written by11-26-2001kayla December 31, 2016

Its very suapencful

This movie is very suspenseful but has a lot of violence and says 6 cuss words and is only for for kids who have heard cuss words and for those who will not repeat the cuss words. Over all it is a fantastic movie that keep you on the edge of your seat and is surely a thriller.

Teen, 13 years old Written byteenperson December 10, 2016

Better for Younger Kids

This movie has some cursing and violence because it is PG-13 but other than that there is noting very inappropriate. It has less blood and deaths than the original. All of the dinosaurs look very cool and the indominus rex isn't even that scary. Product placements everywhere though..

Teen, 15 years old Written byJessemovies101 November 29, 2016

Fantastic film that literally gets better each time I see it!

Jurassic World is a very good film. The plot isn't that great...it's okay, but everything else in the film is great. The acting, action, Dinosaurs, the CGI are all great! Chris Pratt does my favorite male acting performance in a film from 2015 in my opinion. Bryce's character is also very good. The Indominus Rex is a very interesting villainous Dino. Alright, now onto content! Violence: 4/5. Many animals and humans get eaten, but most all of it is off screen. One character is killed and blood splatters on the wall. One character is tossed between Pterodactyls. Language: 2/5. Some uses of s**t, son of a bi**h, hell, d**m, nothing too major though. Sexual content: 1/5. Not much. Some kisses, longing looks, and innuendos. Overall, if the kid can handle the violence then I'd say 9+!

Teen, 13 years old Written byLauren_T_Grady November 1, 2016

Jurassic World Review

For those skeptical of showing their young kids this movie, here are a few things you may want to know. Violence is pretty graphic, with people being eaten, splatters of blood, et cetera. A woman is shown being drowned and then eaten by a large dinosaur. I watched this movie when I turned 12, and I honestly think it's more of a "how mature is your kid" situation. I myself could handle this movie, but I'm not sure is kids under 12 could watch. As for sex, there isn't too much, rather just kissing between Owen and Claire. It's hard to catch the "innuendos" (as Common Sense Media says) when watching it only once. Owen Grady plays a very strong protagonist with intelligence and skill, as does Claire. Over all, I think the biggest thing to watch out for in this movie is the violence. Other than that, it's a very good movie that brings back the memories of the original Jurassic Park series. 4.5/5 stars. **Also note that the characters often swear, so be aware if you're not open to hearing things such as shit, bullshit, damn, and hell.**

Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2016

Great movie, but.....

This movie is great! But there is a lot of violence and some language. It clearly shows Zara (the assistant) getting killed by a raptor and a mosasaur which may be disturbing for some people. It also shows a lot of blood. Aunt Claire, Zach, and Owen Grady swear sometimes. And in the end it shows a lot of dinosaurs getting killed.

Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveCSM April 11, 2016

A Great Reboot!

This movie is fine for ages 12 and up. This is a great movie, and a great "reboot" of sorts to the Jurassic Park franchise. There is some violence (the whole plot is dinosaurs eating people, what do you expect), but other than that, there is nothing too bad. There are lots of homages to the original film, and the product placement is through the roof (Coca Cola, Samsung, etc).