Kid reviews for Jurassic World

Reboot is fun but scarier, more violent than the original.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDylanRTwinHills June 13, 2015

Very Gruesome for a Pg-13 movie

I have been a huge fan of Jurassic Park since I was in 4th grade, and I loved all of them (except for Jurassic Park 3, which is a very disappointing movie) and I was excited for Jurassic World ever since the first trailer. I'd say the first Jurassic Park wasn't very inappropriate for most people, and neither was the third. But the second one pushed the envelope in my opinion, but I loved the movie because of that. Jurassic World pushes even harder, but the difference is that not many of the deaths are fun. The victims scream, and yell, and most of them are completely innocent people. The first scene where the military guys die is pretty cool, but later on there is a scene where an innocent (she's annoying but she's still innocent!) women who is thrown back and forth between pterodactyls and (while screaming is eaten alive by them. It's a long and gruesome death that just makes you feel bad. That was one of the worst, but expect these kinds of thing s when you go into the movie. The script is also pretty predictable, but I could tolerate it. Jurassic World isn't very good, but it isn't bad, so if your kids are above the age of 12 and can handle it, then they will probably enjoy it.

Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2017

Superb!!!!!

In the fourth installment of the acclaimed Jurassic Park series special effects, acting, and suspense are extremely great. Brief language, but nothing to bad. There is a bit of violence that may be of concern to parents. Even though the dinosaurs eat quite a few people, it is not that graphic and the movie takes care that we don't lose any characters we like. Overall, this movie is great and has a really cool final battle!

Kid, 8 years old August 16, 2016

can be very scary,violent,some language,consumerism,and drinking and smoking.But great.

Jurassic world was a great sequel.But is very violent,lots of consumerism,some drinking and a few romantic kisses.I prefer ages 13 and up.

Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2015

Great movie, lots of violence

I think that it was the best movie I've ever seen! However, I think that it is a pause for kids younger than eight due to violence and some infrequent swearing. I saw it in the theater and it was very enjoyable because I am not sensitive to violence at all. If your kid is sensitive to violence, it WILL give them nightmares. I am not, so I did not have any. The swearing isn't THAT bad, most 9-10 year olds know the words. I say pause for 8.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhipster02 July 2, 2015

Amazing

Overall this film is fantastic! It is quite violent and there are a lot of scary/violent/upsetting scenes so it depends on your child. For example I know most 11 year old boys would be absolutely fine with it, but I know some 13 year olds who probably wouldn't enjoy the movie. If you like exciting, tense films this will be great and also has a great story line. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bySir Darry Koenig June 17, 2015

Great Continuation to the First Movie, but Not As Family Friendly

Jurassic World is a great direct continuation to the original Jurassic Park, but it's not as family friendly due to the increased violence. Although it's more bloody, it's not exactly gory. But the blood that shows lets you know that the certain person was wounded and killed in a very intense and disturbing way. Also the flying dinosaurs grabbing people and throwing them and graphic kills. It's also scarier in the way that there are more jump-scares and bigger, scarier monsters. But if your child is a tween or a teen, you can watch this summer blockbuster as a family. There is also the occasional "sh*t" and a couple sexual references that the older viewers might chuckle at. Jurassic World is great and fun though. It might not be as great as Jurassic Park, but it's very close to being as awesome and suspenseful.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNeon_Fish June 14, 2015

Great movie

It is an exciting action packed family movie which I highly recommend. However if you have young kids be warned there is a lot of violence and sad scenes and Sh#t is also said once

Teen, 14 years old Written bysxfia1 June 28, 2015

Amazing movie

Great movie with very good positive messages, and great role models, it features a strong independent female lead along with a skillful raptor trainer ! Lots of violence but ultimately okay for kids who are into dinosaurs. Suspense and lots of people in peril, not as scary as i expected it to be, so maybe even suitable for 10 or 11 year olds (if not scared easily). There is some gore but not too disturbing. A great watch, and a nice edition to the jurassic park franchise.

Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2015

Really good, better than jurassic park.

Jurassic world is an amazing movie. However, I don't recommend it for young children.(even though last night I saw it my 6 year old cousin was there with me:) It all just depends on the kid. There are no drug references or sexual content in this movie but there is a lot of peril and intensity. Indominus Rex will scare younger kids. There is a lot of carnage including people getting eaten, and although most of the time they don't show it happening there is sometimes blood sprayed everywhere. Pretty much everyone is in danger or injured, including children. This movie has killer suspense and some truly jump worthy scenes that had my 6 year old cousin covering his eyes. Language is moderate, it includes, s--t, d-mn, h-ll, b-tch, a--. But nothing you would find over the top for a PG-13 action thriller. All and all, jurassic world is a great movie and I highly recommend it. (Just not for little kids.)

Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2015

This Movie is not for very young kids

this movie is great!! it has good plot good role models. But the way this is expressed is quite violent and there is quite a few uses of multiple different cuss words and lots of jump scares

Kid, 12 years old July 13, 2015

Jurassic World

It's a good movie considering the cool technology and new dinosaurs. It might be a bit scary for children below 9. The director has done a good job producing this film.

Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2015

Better than the first! And THATS something!

I say this is the best movie in the four movies (And the most violent). I wasn't entirely sure if Chris Pratt was the main guy or if it was the aunt? But who cares! WARNING: Don't like spoilers? You should probably read until it says SPOILERS. So lets start off with the story. Isla Nublar had Jurassic Park then, that became restricted and built Jurassic World (Like Disneyworld except more dinosaurs) and everybody loves it. A boy in the 6th grade and his brother who is maybe 15/16 who will be there with their aunt. (Aunt works there, boys are alone on trip). They get picked up by a woman who will take care of them for the trip ( not the aunt). Then, we cut to the aunt and you find out they made a hybrid dinosaur that is super dangerous. For example, it broke some glass and just in case it died, they made a sibling then the older one is like "I don't care if we are the same I want to eat your face" you know, stuff like that. Then we get to Owen a raptor wrangler, Chris Pratt,who finds out about the hybrid dinosaur. He comes to see it but when he comes something strange happens...alright so SPOILERS AHEAD. So you wanna be spoiled don't you? OK. But we are just getting the juicy bits. So Chris is like, oh mah gerd it escaped because there is no heat signatures in the cage. Oh, by the way Chris was in the Navy so yay. So Chris and 2 guys investigate then aunt says, Oh by the way, he IS in there. So they are all freakin out then they see it and start running for the gate some guy gets picked up and you can hear over aunts phone crunching noises O-O. So gates open a bit Chris gets out and also da other guy. Dino gets through. Then eats the fat guy. They realize he is gonna go crazy so they go after him and it ends up killing like 7 dudes (Pretty brutal). Then everyones like a bunch o' peeps gonna get killed so they shut down the park. Boys escape "babysitter" and go on a ride. But end up getting chased by big dino on ride. They escape and drive over t back to jurassic world to find babysitter. Chris realizes after seeing like 8 dinosaurs dead Mr. Dino is hunting...for sport. Meanwhile they find out the boys are OK. But then a bunch of crazy stuff happens. Dino breaks into a Pterodactyl cage and like 100 of them escape. WARNING: Its super brutal after this. Flying Dinos like meat. Then ones like hey look fellars 2,000 meat sticks! So everyone getting killed and soldiers come in only to get their organs eaten. Boys find sitter. Sitters like why are just standing there. Then gets picked up by Flying Dino getting killed in a sea (Not dead, no blood) Then to top off brutalness Sea Dino chomps on Dino AND her. ThenDino get shot and killed by InGen Soldiers and retreat. Then some guy is all like "We should hunt Mr. Dino down with raptors." Then they are like no way. But then worst comes to worst and they use raptors. So soldiers come and so do raptors. So Chris is all like DONT SHOOT MA RAPTERS. Meanwhile aunt and kids are in truck, aunt watching cameras. Back to Chris he sees raptors talking with Dino. Then we realize Mr. Dino is Mr. Raptordino. Raptors turn against everyone. OH may god. Its a slaughter. I have to rap this up quickly. So Chris meets with aunt and boys and Mr. Dino then when all is lost raptors are like THIS IS COMPLETE POOP and attacks Mr. Dino. 1 survives. Then aunt is like hey bro and brings over a T-rex. T-rex and a raptor VS Mr. Dino. So they are beating him up and he's near some water then he stands up looking all angry... THEN SEA DINO SAYS GO CUSS YOURSELF AND EATS HIM. So Jurassic World is abandoned and everyone go's back home happy and live to tell the story. Well I hope you enjoyed this description of... JURASSIC WORLD! Thanks for reading. Now go watch the movie! (Oh and by the way the guy who was talking about raptors was evil. It was a bloody death to him by a raptor :) )

Teen, 14 years old Written byMike G. June 12, 2015

Mediocre, Disappointing Film

Jurassic World, starring Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Ty Simpkins, is a pretentious, contrived movie that fails greatly to live up to the grandeur that the first instalment brought. Pratt feels wooden in his role as Owen Grady, whilst constantly quoting trailer lines a la Jeff Goldblum and chewing the scenery. My showing of the movie was attended by multiple younger children who clapped enthusiastically at the end of the film, but parents: don’t let your kids fool you. This movie is a dreadful mess, that rivals Jurassic Park III with its lazy writing, cliched plot, and predictable events. It’s even worse than The Lost World, something which I hoped I would never have to say. There is incredibly little swearing in this movie - just minor obscenities - and the violence is mainly bloodless. If I was head of the MPAA, I’d give this movie a PG-13 rating, and a soft one at that. However, it can get boring at times, and the ending is, quite frankly, one of the most ridiculous and contrived finishes to a movie that I have ever seen in my life - and I’ve seen Phone Booth.

Teen, 16 years old Written bytheshawshankred... June 12, 2015

It was fun but more violent then expected.

It is not great but is a fun escape movie. Also it was more violent then I thought.

Teen, 13 years old Written by1800yeet1 May 24, 2019

Teen, 14 years old Written byCrunchy May 8, 2019

I know 2 sounds like a stretch, but hear me out

When most people (especially kids) leave a 2 and up on a site like this, it's usually not to be taken seriously, but this time please hear me out here. My family and I showed this movie to my little brother (a huge dino enthusiast) on his 2nd birthday, and he loved it, was not scared by it, and was smiling the whole way through. There really is nothing to worry about. Trust me.

Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2019

Amazing film

Very good film but one scene where there is blood
Teen, 15 years old Written byShowman movie13 March 17, 2019

Super good!

Amazing. A god start to a new Jurassic series. Though more violence is shown, including some brief gore images. Language is heard. Peril is intense. Kids[more like teens] just run off finding trouble. Chomping is so so so intense. The indominus is a scary beast. Kids will enjoy new dinos to see. Reccomed age 13 and up to see this epic movie. Though kids bravery are seen including adults. Some firlting is een and Clara rips some of her dress showing[brief] her bra!

Teen, 15 years old Written byOutlastplayer123 March 14, 2019

Amazing dinosaur movie, though more intense and violent than the original

Teens would love this movie if they love dinosaurs. Can be very scary/intense in some scenes. The bait for the dinosaurs can be a bit disturbing for younger viewers. There are also some scenes of guns and language. 3 uses of b##ch, 1 use of s##t, couple uses of dammit/damn

Kid, 0 years old February 19, 2019