Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet

World-renowned animators interpret classic Lebanese poetry.

Parent of a 3, 5, and 12 year old Written byShani H October 20, 2017

More adult than expected

The film was creative and kept my kids attention. They enjoyed the messages and the overall story. However, there are interludes that have a more experimental visual style that included some sexual scenes. These interludes were pretty adult and one even hinted at a couple being intimate. I had to fast forward. I was very disappointed and don't think we'll be able to watch it again.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byvikki r. April 30, 2017

Parent of a 9 year old Written bybartc February 10, 2016

Stunning animated masterpiece

My kids - 7 and 9 - said this is best animated film they’ve ever seen. Really stunning work that is a level above any other animated film that's come out in the last decade. I could see the film being enjoyed on different levels - toddlers will be wowed by the animation, 7+ups can understand some of the larger concepts while still charming to teens and adults. There's one potentially scary scene when that's handled very well. [SPOILER] A character goes in front of firing squad, then there's a shot of the building from far away, a crack rings out and a flock of birds takes flight. Anyway totally charming family film, don't miss it.

Parent Written bygracia0819 August 20, 2015

A keen goodness.

It is a very nice movie that will teach the audience,not just children but also young adults, the goodness and the joy of having simplicity in life.

Adult Written by[email protected] August 18, 2015