All member reviews for Katy Perry: Part of Me

Entertaining concert film follows pop singer's highs, lows.

Parent Written byParent and Musician July 9, 2012

G Pop Star: More depth and positivity than all kids movies currently out there

This is a G rated documentary about a very talented, inspirational young woman. The only reason I would not take my 5 year old to this movie is he might become too bored (as there might be too much talking). I'm not sure where Common Sense Media came up with 2 stars for "sexy stuff" and 2 stars for drinking and drugs (the only reference to drinking I saw was a bottle of champagne being opened after a concert). Perry's music is mostly the game "Candy Land" on steroids, with some tongue-in-cheek sexual references, mostly based on falling in love. Kids of all ages hear more language and sexual references in school or in their own parent's houses (only heard one word of "bad" language, all in context of the situation). This is a very well made documentary focusing on the star's rise and her challenges along the way, mostly around remaining true to herself in the music business. The movie showed real life challenges of a marriage, and real emotion, which is missing in most movies. Most of Perry's on stage outfits consists of candy, fairytale and bird themes. She is a true entertainer and inspiration for all ages, and if you don't take your (especially creative/musical) child to this movie, I think you're missing out.
Parent Written byMusic/Movies July 23, 2013

Positive but iffy

Sex: *Katy and Russel kiss in a few scenes, but most kisses are short. *Katy sings about kissing a girl. *There are lyrics about makinf out with a boy in a car in the song "the one that got away" *There are lyrics about kissing and being filled with poison in the song "et" which are repeated many times *The song "peacock" is all about sex and Katy sings it for a good 3 minutes in the film. *There are some revealing outfits that show cleavage. *Katy is known to have gone to a gay bar for her first time in one scene. ----- No violence ----- Language: b*tch, c*ck, beyotch, and a bleeped out sh*t. ----- Drinking: The song "circle the drain" is about a man being addicted to drugs and drinking
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2013

Part of me

Soooo awesome, and fun!
Parent Written byDan G. July 20, 2012

Girls, ask your boy friends to show you their PeaCock!

"Show me your PeaCock?!?!?" Yes, just the behavior I want my daughters emulating.
Parent Written byLittle Woman July 13, 2012

Katy Perry Movie

It was an inspirational show. Just be concerned that in "real life" a lot of her songs are very inappropriate for 13 yr olds. (which is my dtrs age). The movie kind of brushes over that. Otherwise, it was good. Even I enjoyed it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypandasrule208 July 6, 2012

Part of katey perry

I saw this movie and i am 12. The movie is not what i thought it would be. I thought it would be a really good movie but it was ok. This movie has a really good message to it, the message is just be yourself. If you like movies that are biographies then this movie would be perfect.
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2014

Pretty good

I think this documentary was a good one, but it had some parts I'd like parents to know about before they let their kids watch it. There was a big part where Katy was talking about her ex- boyfriend(actually ex-husband I think) and she was very depressed. This, I think, could be disturbing for kids (it was a little bit for me at the time, I was almost 10 years old) under 11 maybe even 12. There are also scenes where Katy and the gang are drinking. The songs in the movie are Katy's songs, if you have never heard them, they have a couple swears in each song. Overall, the movie wasn't as good as I thought it would be.
Kid, 11 years old October 4, 2014

Good for Katy Perry fans of all ages

I'm a huge fan of Katy Perry and this movie is not only great for tweens.Its also great for kid fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybands4life September 22, 2014

Amazing!

I love katy perry, she is amazing. Just letting you know, you have to be a perry fan to fully enjoy this movie. This movie has infrequent language, sexual lyrics, mildly suggestive dance routines, and a lot of heart. The language includes a bleeped out s--t, one use of ass, infrequent uses of damn and hell, and b---h is said, but can barley be heard over screaming fans and an interview with a man. As for sexual stuff, none is shown, but katy has a few sexual song lyrics, but it will go over kids heads. Katy also wears outfits that have candy on her chest. There is some mature themes dealing with divorce, homosexuality, depression, and stress. There is no actual drinking in this movie, but one or two references made in interviews. The main reason I rated this 12 and up is because most younger fans will be bored the whole time. For dedicated fans only. 9 and up if a true fan.
Parent Written byjohnbob September 19, 2014

katy perry is for adults

katy perry is on for adults i was watching this film in the cinema and there was loads of kids watching this and there was a clip of her nude in the changing rooms like wtf but if u like sex then this is for you as you will see a lot of katy perry nude boobs
Teen, 15 years old Written bytruthshocktv August 19, 2014

Its ok

Well there is some rude humor. There are teen partys and alchol in it. I would say it is ok for kids 10+. But off for 6-. There is a little swearing but most of it is blimped out. not a very good message for children.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancer321 March 26, 2014

Katy Perry- Part of me review

This was such an inspirational movie that will make you really like Katy Perry and her music! Really good role model with a good message!
Kid, 10 years old November 1, 2013

Dreams come true

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!i loved it!!! my brother is aGinourmus fan .There is brief lovey scenes and Some swearing about Stars (nicki minaj).Loved it!!
Kid, 12 years old October 20, 2013

Inspiring, fun, emotional, fabulous, positive message, GREAT MOVIE!!

This is a very inspiring movie for kids all ages. It was amazing. Watching this movie was so amazing to see how Katy perry grew up, and to see what cool things she has doing now!! Before I watched this movie I did not know much about her, but now I know how she has come to be. You and your family can experience the emotional, and positive message this movie has to offer. It really shows you how someone who lived in a conservative family became famous and inspiring. If you have Netflix you can watch it instantaneously. I hope you enjoy this movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJ4VZ October 13, 2013

the real Katy Perry

good song
Written byAnonymous September 16, 2013

An R Rating for Female Nudity.

This movie has Female Nudity. So this film is not for kids. A really hard PG/ Light R Rating. If this was PG-13 it would be just a Hard PG-13 Film. Only 18+ People can see this film.
Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2013

The awesomest singer ever

Katy is awesome she is good brave forgiving and loves being herself.Amazing
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2013

BEST MOVIE OUT THERE!

The positive message is to be yourself and you should never be someone else.Katy Perry is a good role model because when she isn't on tour she tries to meet up with her husband Russel Brand who later divorces her.Her costumes may be a little skimpy but I don't think that stops her from being positive.There are many consumerism in this movie like Dasani or Pepsi. Language is mild though.
Kid, 10 years old February 21, 2013

perfect for katy perry lovers

i was 9 at the time and my 6 year old sister saw it. she said nice things although when her and her boyfriend broke up she was about to cancel the show.
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2013

its great!

i LOVED this movie! im 11 and i watched it like 2 times,its a great movie about her life backstage,and inspires people that its OK to be different,its what makes us unique,though there are a few bad words thats all