All parent member reviews for Kick-Ass

Parent Written byMandin October 5, 2012

Amazing, but not forkids!

This is an amazing, very funny, with a deep message but not for kids it has a torture part, has a disturbing scene of a guy exploting blood stick in the crystal, and a lot of violence and it has a male masturbation (no nudity),one breast of two asian girls are seen, some talking about drugs, and a strong language. I dont recomended for kids just adults.
Adult Written bydarkknightrises232 July 14, 2012

Most memorable line: F*** you Mr. Bity!!!!!!

Everything is in this movie: drugs, drinking, smoking, sex, nudity, violence, blood, advertising, swearing, you name it.
Parent Written byBobooniespedovedbear July 12, 2012

best show possible for kids!

Zis teaches skills for skillz for toddlers. It iz my toddler's my havoriiitee mozieees.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 6, 2012

kick ass

involved in an adult film like this? Were the violence, language and sex necessary for this movie? How would it have played without them? What do you think about the concept of a regular person becoming a superhero? What are the dangers involved? What are the benefits? Are courage and weapons enough? What are some realistic ways kids and teens can be "superheroes"? Can you think of any real-life examples where someone stepping in when they saw something bad happening would have made a big difference?
Adult Written byGregH94 June 7, 2012

Review

Parent Written byfastpoose February 11, 2012

Too much GORE detracts from great concepts...

I love violent flicks, tarantino etc, but the director has had a bit of a shocker with this one. This movie would have hit the stratosphere if it DIDN'T have the extreme gore/violence. Especially most of it coming from an 11 year old girl. This movie had brilliant concepts but extreme violence wasn't one of them. I still enjoyed this movie, but the gore definitely detracted from it, in my opinion.
Parent Written byNevets January 19, 2012

Unnecessary Extremes

Sad to say but this is a very good movie that should be banned. It would have been good without a girl being so young and without the 11 yr old's constant use of the fu*k word and the "C#nt" word. (if I had spelled that out, this site would have banned my comments). This disturbing 11 yr old (actual age) also cut off parts of peoples bodies. The comments and raving review of an 11 year old providing a review on this site also is disturbing. Regardless of ratings, kids too young will see it and think it is appropriate (like the young reviewer on this site). The 16 year old boys commenting on this site, saying it is a great movie and people should lighten up, are probably the same boys that want to have sex with your 11 year old daugher who is 5 years out kindergarten. It was a good movie, but I (and especially a kid) would be a better person for not having seen it.
Adult Written byNeonKennedy November 10, 2011

Excellent movie. Well made.

Adult Written byJilly1981 August 25, 2011

Way too much "F"... Dislike the movie. Wish was never made.

Hello. A few years ago, my friend and I went to see this movie. I am a 30yr kid-at-heart adult who just saw this movie. When I saw the previews on TV, I thought this was gonna be a great super hero movie. It was based similar to Drake Bell's Super Hero Movie in away, but more "R" version. The only thing my friend and I did not like was the "F" word in the whole movie. I will NOT buy it on DVD. This is NOT a good movie for your kids to see. However, it does have a lot of kick but action. Overall, this was our very 1st Rated R movie, so this is a NO for kids.. Truest me...
Adult Written bycallofduty5 August 5, 2011

FAIL

Too graphic for teens and most adults, avoid since language is aggressive and frequent, contains hard drug use and also very gory violence. NOT FOR ANYONE BELOW 18!
Adult Written byJakk May 19, 2011

Violent but positive morality tale for older teens

This film has raised a little bit of controversy due to its high levels of violence and profanity, but it's also got a very positive message and is a film with heart. I can't recommend this film for children, because the violence is bloody, over-the-top, and frighteningly realistic. There's also constant use of strong profanity (especially the f-word) including one use of c-word uttered by a child. The sexual content is at a PG-13 level, consisting of an implied sex scene and a few crude jokes. However, despite the film's mature content, it's a very positive film with a great message. The film teaches that everyone has a responsibility to help their neighbor, and that you don't need superpowers to help someone in need. The film also conveys a strong sense of love and family through Hit-Girl and her father. This film has a lot of mature content, but it's really nothing worse than what you'll hear in the halls of an average high school. This isn't a film for kids, but I strongly recommend it to older teens due to its positive message.
Adult Written byhdofu May 8, 2011

This movie is not for kids, but for adults its great

Not one to watch with the kids, as it has violence, sexual behavior and bad language. The is some stuff kids just should not be watching. It is however a funny movie and has some positive messages such as anyone can inspire heroism.
Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written byscott pilgrim November 28, 2010

My son Koji read the whole comic series in one day. But the looks really bad. I don't think I want him seeing it.
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 11, 2010

Hilarious, twisted, dark, brutal, action-packed, and totally awesome!

I love this movie so much! It's one of my favorites. The acting, the action, the comedy, the story; unlike anything you've ever seen! This is the superhero movie we (or at least I) have been waiting for! Pure, adrenaline-feuled, meta-entertainment! Parents: HUGE WARNING: this is an extremely violent film, with plenty of bloodshed, shootouts, exploding bodies, and brutal torture to go around. Plus, there's graphic sex references and situations, some nudity, and a whole lot of foul language. Even some drug content is present. Bottom Line: Despite extreme violence, profanity, and sex, this is a fantastically original movie that's sure to entertain anyone who sees it! Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Adult Written byMature-teen September 10, 2010

Hit Girl <3

Be prepared. If your teen is mature enough this movie is great. It is defiantly my favorite movie. Sex is implied and not terrible. There are drugs but barely mentioned and only the "bad guys" do drugs. There is a lot of violence but the movie is so fast paced so it doesn't seem gross. Hit Girl is amazing, although she is not the ideal role model watching her made me want to shout "GIRL POWER!" Chloe Moretz (hit girl) is an amazing talented actress and was the highlight of the film.
Adult Written by4Spice September 6, 2010

good superhero movie

i really liked this movie it didn't have a perfect plot but it a good action superhero movie most teens will like it 16 and over for violence sex, language for parents no kids under 16 this isn't batman the dark knight here no disrespect to batman the dark knight this movie shows blood
Educator and Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byconnielove93 August 28, 2010

I loved this movie!!! It was much better than I expected and the characters were fun! Kick ass is about a picked on nerd who wonders why no one has tried to be a superhero. He decides he'll try to fight crime that nobody seems to do anything about. Behind the violence and language kick ass has some positive mesages about helping others in need. In general this is not for kids under 15 but the common sense review was too harsh because the movie has some redeeming qualities.
Adult Written bydudeman123 August 21, 2010

Lets face it Kick Ass is one bad ass movie. It's exciting, fun, funny, and majorly entertaining. It's one of those films that you just have to sit back and enjoy the entertainment. The plot is kind of cliche and weak, there is nothing really special in the script but, it is an enjoyable, action packed kick ass movie. I would recommend it to any older teens who enjoy superhero flicks.
Adult Written byRojagegeo August 17, 2010

Violent Yet Superb

Kick Ass is definitely "one of the best" movies of 2010 so far...This movie may not be rated for kids,but adults and teenagers would love this movie...I really dont get it why people are so concerned about the swearing bit....Every movie has it,words like F*** are being very common in conversations..(not everyone's,but among the students and young adults)...Hit Girl was brought up to be tough and dangerous and so it was necessary to swear,kill etc....At least theres a reason for the violence,not like some movies that swear or have violent scenes just for the sake of proving to us to be an action movie...Kids below 15/13 shouldnt see this but they happen to love this type of comedy/action....Soundtrack is cool,Action awesome,Story great,Directing good,Acting Awesome (especially Chloe-Hit Girl)....
Adult Written byMovies Viewer August 15, 2010

This is a very disturbing movie which goes beyong bad. Most parents