Adult Written byPatty2by4 May 13, 2010

Only for older teens, with the right mindset.

Kick-ass was, well, Kick-ass. It is definately not a movie for young kids it is very violent and there is drug use and sex and language up the wazoo. But it did show that criminals should be afraid of us as much as we are afraid of them. although appropriate diffinitive action should not be a masked hero. If you have a kid in his mid teens that is seriously considering being a super hero this movie will teach them diffrent, instead they might grow up to be a cop. Very good for twisted humor.
Adult Written byGreen Park Soldier April 23, 2010

Not For Kids

I went to go see the movie on opening day. I didnt know what to expect. To my surprise the movie was a nice mix of comedy, action, so it was a good movie. But it should not be viewed by kids under 16. so to all parents out there, Just because a movie has superheros in it, doesnt mean its for kids.
Adult Written bydaniel.nicholas... April 22, 2010

Awesome, but for older teens.

Firstly, I want to address the review of "Scoobysnacks8371". I am curious as to why you thought the movie had no nudity as the rating CLEARLY states "...sexual content, NUDITY, and some drug use...". Secondly, are you really THAT upset, as an adult, over that little bit of nudity (I'm assuming you didn't bring your kids, since they're all under 10) that you actually walked out? Honestly, calm down... Anyways, I thought this movie was great. I'd read the graphic novel beforehand and thought it was alright. Nothing too special. The place where the movie really shines is that it stays true enough to the comic that the original fans won't feel alienated; it also deviates enough that you don't feel like you're watching what you've read -- something VERY few movies get right (Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist is the only other one I know of). It was pretty violent, obviously, as far as nudity/sex -- one completely topless person and another with just a bra on. Implied sex in an alley, and that's about it. Language wasn't nearly as "constant" as CSM wants you to believe. In any case, it was an awesome movie that should not be missed.
Adult Written bydarkknightrises232 July 14, 2012

Most memorable line: F*** you Mr. Bity!!!!!!

Everything is in this movie: drugs, drinking, smoking, sex, nudity, violence, blood, advertising, swearing, you name it.
Adult Written byNeonKennedy November 10, 2011

Excellent movie. Well made.

Adult Written byDisneyFan May 10, 2010
My husband and I took our 14 year old son to see this movie. Yes, some of the dialogue is filthy, but I already know how teenage boys talk when their parents aren't around, so I wasn't too concerned. I thought this movie was amazing. It was to superhero movies what Shaun of the Dead is to zombie movies: a parody that turns out to be a really excellent movie. I love the message that we need to step up and do something when we see things that are wrong. And that regardless of whether or not we have special powers, we still have a responsibility to ourselves and humanity.
Parent of a 10 and 11 year old Written bygregheffley April 27, 2010
f-word ,s-word, a-word and the h-word,no sub words like darn
Parent Written byCooldee April 23, 2010

Too violent for children of all ages!

Cover your children's eyes and ears!
Adult Written byUnseen_America April 19, 2010

Kick Ass -- the name says it all. A spoiler free review!

This movie is an extremely enjotable movie going experience! Let's get to the meat of this though -- Leave the kids HOME. While there is graphic slasher violence to worry about my concern is more with the 11 year old using extremely harsh language. It doesn't detract from the movie but most kids are likely to mimic if they see someone in their age group, Also, It does touch on a few sexual situations that might be innappropriate even though there is no nudity. Why you'll love it: This one is a nonstop action adventure with some silly satirical comedy thrown in. The secondary story of Big Daddy and Hit girl will leave audiences reaching for the tissues in several touching scenes. While most critics are harsh on this storyline, the key to remember is that this is intended for adults, and while Nick Cage's sociopathic parenting skills will raise a few eyebrows, the mixture of his out-of-touch lame dad personality and his Adam West Batman dialog make this story even better than Kick Ass'. The final scenes wrap up nicely and leave plenty of room for sequels, while telling a complete story. Also, the last act of the film is a definite must see, so be sure to get your popcorn and hit the restroom BEFORE the film.
Parent Written byMandin October 5, 2012

Amazing, but not forkids!

This is an amazing, very funny, with a deep message but not for kids it has a torture part, has a disturbing scene of a guy exploting blood stick in the crystal, and a lot of violence and it has a male masturbation (no nudity),one breast of two asian girls are seen, some talking about drugs, and a strong language. I dont recomended for kids just adults.
Parent Written byNevets January 19, 2012

Unnecessary Extremes

Sad to say but this is a very good movie that should be banned. It would have been good without a girl being so young and without the 11 yr old's constant use of the fu*k word and the "C#nt" word. (if I had spelled that out, this site would have banned my comments). This disturbing 11 yr old (actual age) also cut off parts of peoples bodies. The comments and raving review of an 11 year old providing a review on this site also is disturbing. Regardless of ratings, kids too young will see it and think it is appropriate (like the young reviewer on this site). The 16 year old boys commenting on this site, saying it is a great movie and people should lighten up, are probably the same boys that want to have sex with your 11 year old daugher who is 5 years out kindergarten. It was a good movie, but I (and especially a kid) would be a better person for not having seen it.
Adult Written byhdofu May 8, 2011

This movie is not for kids, but for adults its great

Not one to watch with the kids, as it has violence, sexual behavior and bad language. The is some stuff kids just should not be watching. It is however a funny movie and has some positive messages such as anyone can inspire heroism.
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 11, 2010

Hilarious, twisted, dark, brutal, action-packed, and totally awesome!

I love this movie so much! It's one of my favorites. The acting, the action, the comedy, the story; unlike anything you've ever seen! This is the superhero movie we (or at least I) have been waiting for! Pure, adrenaline-feuled, meta-entertainment! Parents: HUGE WARNING: this is an extremely violent film, with plenty of bloodshed, shootouts, exploding bodies, and brutal torture to go around. Plus, there's graphic sex references and situations, some nudity, and a whole lot of foul language. Even some drug content is present. Bottom Line: Despite extreme violence, profanity, and sex, this is a fantastically original movie that's sure to entertain anyone who sees it! Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Educator and Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byconnielove93 August 28, 2010
I loved this movie!!! It was much better than I expected and the characters were fun! Kick ass is about a picked on nerd who wonders why no one has tried to be a superhero. He decides he'll try to fight crime that nobody seems to do anything about. Behind the violence and language kick ass has some positive mesages about helping others in need. In general this is not for kids under 15 but the common sense review was too harsh because the movie has some redeeming qualities.
Parent Written byBobooniespedovedbear July 12, 2012

best show possible for kids!

Zis teaches skills for skillz for toddlers. It iz my toddler's my havoriiitee mozieees.
Adult Written byJilly1981 August 25, 2011

Way too much "F"... Dislike the movie. Wish was never made.

Hello. A few years ago, my friend and I went to see this movie. I am a 30yr kid-at-heart adult who just saw this movie. When I saw the previews on TV, I thought this was gonna be a great super hero movie. It was based similar to Drake Bell's Super Hero Movie in away, but more "R" version. The only thing my friend and I did not like was the "F" word in the whole movie. I will NOT buy it on DVD. This is NOT a good movie for your kids to see. However, it does have a lot of kick but action. Overall, this was our very 1st Rated R movie, so this is a NO for kids.. Truest me...
Adult Written byJakk May 19, 2011

Violent but positive morality tale for older teens

This film has raised a little bit of controversy due to its high levels of violence and profanity, but it's also got a very positive message and is a film with heart. I can't recommend this film for children, because the violence is bloody, over-the-top, and frighteningly realistic. There's also constant use of strong profanity (especially the f-word) including one use of c-word uttered by a child. The sexual content is at a PG-13 level, consisting of an implied sex scene and a few crude jokes. However, despite the film's mature content, it's a very positive film with a great message. The film teaches that everyone has a responsibility to help their neighbor, and that you don't need superpowers to help someone in need. The film also conveys a strong sense of love and family through Hit-Girl and her father. This film has a lot of mature content, but it's really nothing worse than what you'll hear in the halls of an average high school. This isn't a film for kids, but I strongly recommend it to older teens due to its positive message.
Adult Written by4Spice September 6, 2010

good superhero movie

i really liked this movie it didn't have a perfect plot but it a good action superhero movie most teens will like it 16 and over for violence sex, language for parents no kids under 16 this isn't batman the dark knight here no disrespect to batman the dark knight this movie shows blood
Adult Written bydudeman123 August 21, 2010
Lets face it Kick Ass is one bad ass movie. It's exciting, fun, funny, and majorly entertaining. It's one of those films that you just have to sit back and enjoy the entertainment. The plot is kind of cliche and weak, there is nothing really special in the script but, it is an enjoyable, action packed kick ass movie. I would recommend it to any older teens who enjoy superhero flicks.
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byexitedreviewer September 5, 2013

Great movie for tweens and up!

Kick-Ass is a funny, great movie that is ok for mature tweens and up. My thirteen-year old daughter and I watched this when she was 12, and we both loved it. I will wait for my 10 year old son to turn 11 before I show it to him. The first 6 minutes of this movie are somewhat inappropriate, and I covered my daughters eyes during that part, but after that, it is fine. There is constant language throughout the movie, but it is not worse than what a 12 or 13 year old hears at school. The violence i also pretty bad, but it is done in a way that you can tell it is fake. Overall, great and funny movie!