All member reviews for Kick-Ass

Teen, 13 years old Written byam1408 December 28, 2010

pretty cool ! it really is like a comic book ! they should call this movie bad ass because it is is!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMTRreviews November 11, 2010

Fresh new experience. KICK-ASS!!

I loved it, but it was'nt for kids under 16. but it took on a hole fresh new movie experience for movie goers and i love that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHidden_light96 April 20, 2010

Kick-Ass is kick-ass.

Awesome movie! I find it disturbing to see an 11 year-old cussing, but hey, elementary kids cuss nowadays and it's not suprising (Not saying it's a good thing, it's greatly a bad thing.) anymore. Lots of violence and sexual jokes but I think it's alright for 16+. Anyone younger or "innocent and pure", STAY HOME.
Teen, 17 years old Written bygingerkiss May 14, 2011

Kickass - The most over the top R18 rating in history!

I LOVED this movie! I'm 14 and at first my parents were a little squemish about letting me see a R18 movie but after they saw it they were as shocked as I was. Kickass has got to be one of the most awesomest movies ever and it has no reason why it should be R18. So what if an 11 year old girl is swearing? Man I swore like a sailor when I was that age! So what if she kills people? I know adults say tweens are at an impressionable age, but seeing Hitgirl kill people isn't going to send them on a murderous rampage. She even sends positive messages - That girls don't have to use their sexuality to be action heroes. Just like Ripeley in Alien she defies gender boundaries. Kickass also sends positive messages that you should stand up for what you believe in. My only reserve would be if your kids are sensitive to violence BUT don't just assume they are. Ask, and talk to your kids about the limit of violence they mind. Kickass there is alot of people getting shot and things, a bit like Hot Fuzz. (but less gorey) Nothing like Saw or gornographic movies. And the sex in this? I have seen WAY worse in family guy. I mean this is nothing compared to Family Guy and some Family Guy episodes have been only M. Overall the R18 rating on this film made me miss out on seeing one of the COOLEST films in the world. If you are scared about your kids seeing it - watch it first! And remember- Our generation is alot tougher than you think!
Kid, 10 years old September 5, 2010

Common Sense Media is Too Harsh!

I Saw probably one of the most violent scenes in the movie where Hit Girl stabs tons of people, Cuts Off a Dude's Leg, then Stabs him in the back and I honestly have to say that the blood looks like red slime! It's Not gross or disturbing and makes the scenes kind of funny! The other worst scene is when a guy explodes in an oven... THAT'S IT!! I mean the blood in the incredible hulk looks real! But in a rated R movie the blood looks like Goo! Lol! :D Also the language is what's inappropriate but most kids know the F word and some know the C word like me. I think kids 11 and up could see this movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written bylalahammy December 25, 2010

Highly entertaining movie for mature teens

Highly entertaining movie, lots of bad swears, some blood, but they made it so it looks cartoon-y, and several scenes in which Dave masturbates as he looks at a picture of naked tribal women, but we only see their breasts for a second. In two scenes he actually has sex, in one of them we see him grab his female partner's breast, in the other she wraps her legs around him as he pulls his pants down and they thrust against each other.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKick-Ass April 29, 2010

This is my favorite movie at the moment. The story is amazing, not one of those predicto-movies where you know whats coming before it even starts. The cinematography and action scenes kicked ass. I have to say that i havent gone to very many movies in the theaters lately, i normally stick to the older movies people have forgotten about but are still great. But this one has struck me and i love it. I have seen this now three times and plan to see it again. Now content wise, yes it had blood, gore, violence, cussing, sex, but so what you can look past that and actually i think the controversial content made it more popular with the crowd that doesnt stick to the normal happy dappy movies. and scoobysnacks the only nudity in the movie is a picture on the internet of two african americans topless in their tribe, you can see this on discovery channel on pg shows, its labeled "tribal nudity" so if you cant handle this then you sure as hell couldnt handle the violence, so you probably shouldnt have gone to a movie that obviously had this content and if you didnt know and you know that this bothers you, look it up before you come to the internet complaining like a freaking liberal that you hate this movie after watching five minutes of it. no one wants to hear it
Teen, 16 years old Written bySynchronicity April 15, 2010

Sickening violence, just the way you like it, but people under 14 are out of the question

As a rabid fan of the comic, I was indeed excited to hear about a film adaptation of Kick-Ass. But, I thought no one would be able to emulate the sheer awesomeness of Hit Girl. Oh, but I was wrong. This morality tale/comedy/affectionate parody of superheroes is...there's that title. Yeah. Anyways, I wouldn't say No Kids, Common Sense. This film is rated R (17+, NOT 18+) in the US, but in other countries it's given a 15+ or 16+ rating. Personally, I'd be fine with a 15 or 16-year-old seeing this alone. But, I don't think that a little kid (under 13 or 14) should see this. Why? Because of a character that age. Hit Girl uses big guns and flick knives and has the mouth of a sailor. But, people who've read the comic know this already. Not to mention, there's also a lot of violence, but what do you expect? Also, there's some sexual content in the first few minutes. Masturbation is briefly implied, and there are a few sexually related comments, but nothing you wouldn't see or hear in an average Gossip Girl episode. Overall, parents need to just chill out. It's fine for teens.
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2010

Un-funny, low budget, disturbing superhero movie is entertaining but DISTURBING!

Teen, 15 years old Written byTanked out April 18, 2010

OK Movie I suppose

I wouldn't really say this was a very funny movie. It was entertaining though, there were a couple of funny parts and a couple of funny comments made by different characters. It's a lot more bloody than your average raunchy yet funny comedies. One thing I don't understand about a lot of the other reviews on here is why does the adult content make it a bad movie? "Oh NO a little girl used THE C WORD!!! WHAT!?". If you aren't mature enough to see that then don't watch it and grow up, why the one star rating because you can't take a little bit of "bad" language and some violence? Overall it was kinda funny and entertaining, however I wouldn't let kids or immature/young teens see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPS3fan August 20, 2010

One of the best movies ever!!!!

Wow! I just got done watching this movie. It was amazing! It had some really good action and comedy in here; I really loved it! Violence The violence isn't really that bad. People are stabbed, shot, and have their throats slit, but their is not much blood. A guy is shot with a bazooka, but we just see a big explosion. A guy explodes in a microwave, and we see blood and red goo. People are beaten, and we see some blood. A guy has his leg cut off, but we see it for about a second. Overall, the violence is a little too much for a PG-13, but not too much more violent than the Bourne movies. Sex and Nudity There are a handful of sexual references in here. There is a rumor that a guy is gay. The only nudity is of boobs, but it lasts for about one second. There is some implied nudity and sex, but its IMPLIED! The nudity and sex would be allowed in a PG-13 movie. Drugs The villains in this movie are drug dealers. We see one person smoking weed, but it looks like a cigarette. Thats it. Language There is tons of cussing in this movie. There are about 100 F-words, one c*nt, and some other cuss words. Surprisingly, God's name is not said in vain too many times. There are a few g-d*mns, but only two or three. All the characters say Oh my gosh instead of God's name. Overall, the violence in this movie is just a little more bloody than PG-13 movies. There is only to brief instances of gore. The sex and nudity is at a PG-13 level. Most of the stuff about drugs is talked about, rather than shown. The main problem here is language, but every kid that's ten and up hears this much language and sex/ masturbation talk every day. If you realize that your kid hears this kind of stuff everyday, and you don't mind the brief one second shot of breasts or implied nudity and sex, then this movie isn't too bad as long as they don't mind the blood. If they can handle violence a little bloodier than PG-13 movies, then a 10 year old could watch this amazing movie. It's really good!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2010

i love this
Kid, 8 years old November 26, 2011

REALLY bad movie

I can't believe an 11 year old was doing violence in that movie. TONS of language. Instead of rated R it should be rated NC-17!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNeil13 March 30, 2011

Kick Ass kicks ass!

This movie was freakin awesome!
Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2010

Rush to the cinema with all your kids!

Kick-Ass is a rollicking good time from director Matthew Vaughn (Stardust, Layer Cake). It involves beatings, shootings and slashing but are done with a comic book style. I would even go so far as to recommend it as a transition film for kids from 14A to R. The violence is not nearly as graphic as the source material but is about 3 quarters as bad as Kill BIll Vol. 1. There is controversy over Hit-Girl swearing but if you have seen a movie like Pulp Fiction, you know that if some gangster swears its no big deal, but a girls swears and inappropriate content flags go up, but your kids swear just as much so you really shouldn't have a problem and if you do you are an ageist and a sexist. Dave is not an unrodinaraly sexual kid. He is a character who boys will connect with. Big Daddy is a great father figure that you can believe exists. HIt-Girl provides a rare female superhero for girls who don't want to be stupid Barbie clones they are taught to be. The supporting cast including the villain are great. The fights are choreographed fantastically and the writing is very sharp. Great for all boys and girls who are not the Hannah Montana type.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybradley4846 August 11, 2010

Lets face it the trailers were awful. But when i saw this movie i realized people were missing out and this movie shouldnt have bombed. Yes, there is a lot of swearing (not nonstop tho) and yes the violence was graphic (not as bad as Rambo, but not tame). There is some drug content and some minor sexual content, but nothing to bad. This year there have been a lot of dissapointing movies, but this is not one of them. Its a shame people saw Dinner for Shmucks instead of this.
Teen, 17 years old Written byZimMan2 April 30, 2010

Just so you folks know, this movie is not for kids. Teenagers should be able to hadnle it, but under 13 is pretty much a no-go. On with the review Once upon a time, in 2008, we were young, and foolish. With the release of Iron Man, we felt that the perfect not-too serious, non-stop entertainment superhero film had been achieved. We were wrong. Now, it is 2010, and the bar has been set yet again. And more than that, the bar hasn’t just been set higher, the bar has been raced out of the old building into a new one with 5000 more floors and placed at the very top. Such is the new film by director Matthew Vaughn starring new comer Aaron Johnson, Kick-Ass. The film tells the story of Dave Lizewski, a nerdy teenager with an astoundingly unexciting life. One day, out of sheer boredom, he decides to become a superhero. He dons a painted wetsuit and mask and becomes Kick-Ass. However, things don’t go very well for him the first time out, and he contemplates quitting. But he figure he ought to keep on keeping on and tries it again, this time with some semblance of success. Through his adventures, he comes into contact with professional vigilantes Big Daddy (Nicholas Cage, in a truly amazing career turnaround) and Hit-Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz, proving there are still great child actors out there). They’re out to stop drug kingpin Frank D’Amico (Mark Strong) and Kick-Ass—in a way only an untrained buffoon like him could—gets involved. As for all the rest of the plot and various sub-plots: you’ll have to see the movie to find out. First off, let’s get out some things that could be considered problems. One: the violence. Don’t let the kid-friendly trailers fool you, this movie is brutal. Blood splatters, bodies explode, and limbs get hacked off. The more touch types aren’t going to be fans, and it might throw off people who just saw the trailers. Two: the juxtaposition of said violence with raunchy, zany comedy. This is another thing that might throw people off. Seeing a guy pretending to be gay to hang out with a girl he likes isn’t something you expect to see in the same movie wherein drug dealers explode a dude in an industrial-sized microwave. It’s another thing that a lot of people won’t be expecting, and it could cause confusion. Make no mistake, even tough the violence is graphic, it’s still over-the-top, and should not be taken seriously. That’s pretty much it for potential problems. So, do either of those things actually detract from the film’s watch ability? No. Not even a little. The movie just works, plain and simple, it works. And it works beautifully. It manages to be a great satire of superhero movies while at the same time being a great superhero movie itself. Every single frame oozes visual style and reminds the viewer why they go to the movies: to be entertained. To be entertained and to be entertained in a way that doesn’t involve you making fun of bad characters’ actions or turning your brain off. Pure cinematic escapism, dare to say, on a par with the original 1933 King Kong. It’s serious when it needs to be, funny when it needs to be, and incredibly exciting when it needs to be. This brings us to another great thing about this film, the action sequences. Some of the most mind-blowing, pulse-pounding action you will ever see, you will see in Kick-Ass. It’s a brutal ballet. Think if Dancing with the Stars involved chopping opponents into ribbons. Let’s see Robert Downey Jr. do that with the Iron Man armor. Finally, we talk about the absolute best part of this film (although saying anything is “best” in this film is like saying there’s a “best” part of eating the world’s greatest ice cream), the characters, and by extension, the actors. There is no such thing as a weak character in Kick-Ass. Everybody here is fleshed out and fantastic to watch. Even Dave Lizewski’s girlfriend, whom one would think to be boring, and yet she’s not, you actually get attached to her despite her limited screen time. The same goes to Dave’s friends, who provide some of the best laughs in the film. That’s thanks to both a great script and great acting. Everybody here brings their A-Game. Johnson does a great job portraying the title character, and Christopher-Mintz-Plasse (Superbad’s McLovin’) is quite entertaining as Red Mist. But the two characters that everybody will love come in the form of Hit-Girl and Big Daddy. Already, I established that Chloë Moretz and Nicholas Cage do a great job in their respective roles, but on top of that, both characters are the perfect blend of loving father and daughter and awesome crime-fighters. There’s something inherently hilarious about Nic Cage impersonating Adam West as Batman, and who doesn’t want to see an 11-year-old girl spouting profanities and committing acts that would make John McClain green with envy? And of course, this film goes the extra mile to give us glimpses into these character’s back stories and gives the audience something more to latch onto than a few laughs. So, in short, Kick-Ass knows exactly what it’s doing: creating a well-told tale that makes you wish all superhero movies were like it. It’s exciting, emotional, hilarious, and overall incredible. A perfect five Godzillas. You must see this movie. Oh, and in case you were wondering: it does, indeed, kick ass.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheCrazyAsian April 18, 2010

great superhero comedy

this movie is the best movie ive ever seen... the language is an issue but most kids hav heard it all and wat u dont kno is most use it anyway... but seriosly the blood isnt much of a problem the sex is rilly low and everything else about this is just awesome
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2012

awesomeness

Kick Ass is the best movie EVER!!!!! Everyone says the cussing is an issue, but im only 12 and I learned half of those words from my dad. But the violence is WAY too intense for most kids. I think anyone 12& up would love this movie.