All member reviews for Kick-Ass

Teen, 17 years old Written byThat90sguy August 22, 2013

Kick-Ass is Kick-Ass!

Kick-Ass is a movie about a guy named Dave who wants to be someone better than he already is after he finds out that he doesn't want to be a nerd anymore. So, he fights criminals, gets popular on the internet, and joins real assassins known as Hit-Girl and Big Daddy. Back when this movie first came out, the idea was original, and this went a different direction than most superhero movies play out these days. It's an extremely fun movie, it's writing is funny and clever, how they make tons of funny sex jokes or witty and likeable characters. That being said, this movie is not for everyone. Violence can be very strong at times because of shooting, stabbing, blowing up people, and more. Language is used a lot too, as every swear word is said at least once. There is also some sex, including implied masturbation, Dave poses as a homosexual in order to talk to pretty girls, and a non-graphic sex scene is shown. Overall, this movie is a violent, but a bloody good time, and it's a good movie to watch for older teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylord karnage August 19, 2013

kick ass

Teen, 14 years old Written byKieth11 August 17, 2013

Excellent, but very violent

This is a terrific movie that is very well made. I can't think of a single thing that I didn't like in this movie. Even though I very highly recommend this, it has a ton of violence and profanity throughout the movie. A teenage girl actually slices off a guy's leg in one shot, plus there's a torture scene somewhere in the movie. Although, the torture scene is in a dark place and therefore not really that explicit, and the man's leg when the girl cuts it off I have to say wasn't really that realistic. This is not really for the faint of heart, but it's a terrific movie that I recommend to anyone who wants a good action movie.
Kid, 7 years old August 16, 2013

not for kids under 15

it has too much sex violence and language like f*** and s*** and so much violence (like in the comics) but is totally not for kids under 15 because the language sex and violence could be reapeted
Teen, 14 years old Written byTyler Durden ❤ August 11, 2013

A hilarious modern take on superheroes

Kick-Ass is a film that shows a boy try to be a superhero. It contains a lot of gore (mainly shown for comical effect), bad language (a lot of it from a 11 year old girl), and a few brief sexual scenes (the main one being a scene where a teenage boy masturbates, though nothing too bad is shown). Most of the violence is an 11 year old girl stabbing or attacking people, and although it looks fairly realistic, it isn't meant to be really serious, and is played for a comical effect. A few people get stabbed, a man explodes in a giant microwave (scene only lasts about half a minute though) and a few people get arms or legs chopped off. 'Hit Girl' is not a positive role model, so I wouldn't show this film to younger children as she could be a bad influence, but there are some positive messages in this film. In one scene Kick-Ass stands up for a guy that he doesn't even know, and get's quite beaten up for it. Teenagers will love this movie as it is violent(but not seriously violent, or too violent) and funny, and it's actually quite a good film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byswagshyguy15 July 27, 2013

Entertaining, Funny and Action-Packed

I personally prepared myself for watching this on DVD as this film seemed very violent as it's R18 (The Most Explicit Film Rating In NZ). But it's not that bad. The language is probably the most explicit part (100 f words) and a lot is from an 11 year old character. The violence is not that bad - most of it is very fast so not much emphasis is put on gore. While it was low-budget and a little silly it was awesome.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2013

kickass is different than your regular superhero movie

first off kickass is one of of those movies were you either love it or hate it i love it. second it does have sex jokes language and gore and lots and lots of violence i watched it when i was 8 and this was my first r film so it was like i watched it yesterday yes its disturbing to see a 11 year old cuss but and kill but that was awesome about the movie thier really isnt any positive role models kind of but not really but their is a good message and that is be what u can be dont give up so i give it 5 stars and think 13 year olds can handle it
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. Critical July 17, 2013

Kick Ass!!!!

I saw this movie on spike and it was awesome!! Its a brand new and fresh superhero movie. Everyone wants to be a superhero but no one has the balls to become one, thats where Dave Lisewski comes in. Lots of action including a 12 year old girl beating grown men to death with God knows what! Very entertaining and at sometimes emotional. Cant wait for the second one!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySonia S. June 28, 2013

Awesome movie, cant wait for part two! Aaron (the main actor) is also super cute and hot and gahh you know what I mean!
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!!

seriously guys, its a great movie. my parents were a bi squirmish letting me watch this movie bu after it they loved it! if you dont like the swearing, go to school for a day, people say he f word casually! not because of kick ass, as only some of the kids have seen it. violence? dude, if you let your kid watch this and they will not become a murderer! dont be a helecopter parent! I know a 6 year old that LOVES this movie! she wouldnt hurt a fly! this movie teaches your children to stand up for themselves! this movie is amazing!
Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2013

THIS MOVIE KICKS ASS

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheenie May 21, 2013

LOVE IT

I Loved it I am 13 not recomended for kids under 13 no WAY
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Kick Ass my second favorite movie

Kick Ass is funny. It is a really good superhero move. The script is great and it is acted very well. I highly recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJoespray12 April 3, 2013

"Kick- Butt" coulda made it PG-13......

REALLY funny, which kinda lets the sex and violence "bypass". You'll be laughing too much to even tell this IS rated R!!!! ALOT of language though.
Kid, 3 years old March 23, 2013

its one best movies i have saw

its really funny but with blood and gore strong language brief nudity and alot drugs including coke.it still happens to be great movie.its something when your watching a 11 year old curse right in front of her dad and being shot with a gun by her dad when she has a bullet proof vest on.its really crazy.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjm97 February 9, 2013

Awesome movie for older teens and adults

This is a very entertaining movie, and I recommend it to any mature 16 year old and up. It is rated R, and for good reason. The most controversial character, Hit Girl, played by Chloe Grace Moretz (11 in this film) swears quite often and engages in a lot of violence, but is quite entertaining. There is a good amount of sexual content, and a plethora of profanity. This is a great movie, and I definitely recommend it, but LEAVE THE KIDS AT HOME. Just because it's a superhero movie does not mean it is for children. Please heed the rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats February 2, 2013

Have Fear. They're Here.

One of the most original super hero movies I've ever seen by far. It is a really great movie and could be the definition of a film made for teens, but in this case fifteen and up. It would probably be okay for a mature thirteen or fourteen year old to see but I don't recommend watching it with your parents. There is heavy language including f-words, s--t, d-mn, h-ll, a--, d--k, and only a few uses of the two c-words. There is some sexual content and brief nudity but it isn't too explicit. There is drug references and one brief use of it. It's also ultra-violent, and most of that comes from Hit-Girl, played excellently by Chloe Grace Moretz. Performances are top-notch and the directing is unique. A-.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2013

Good Movie Overall

OK, I for one, am a huge Chloe Mortez fan,and think that Hit Girl was one of her best roles. I do not get what the big deal is! She said f***k a couple of times! I hate to break it to you, but reall 11-year olds do curse, take it from me. The violence was pretty bad, but it was all done in a very comedic way. There actually were some very good messages in this movie about standing up for yourself and others. In one scene there was inferred sex, but nothing was actually shown. Enjoy!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGotmarshmallowed December 28, 2012

One of the Best Movies Ever

So im 13 and kick-ass was a Good movie shud of been pg13 i think. Some words but most kids no and use them anyway. The violence wasnt very graphic and the blood looked like smeared jello. i dont really have high tolerance for violence but this movie was no prob and i cant wait for the sequel. Good message in the end and Overall awesome movie! U gotta c it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarshine027 December 26, 2012

They do sex all through the movie, it is just sex, sex, sex.