All member reviews for Kick-Ass

Teen, 14 years old Written byTyler Durden ❤ August 11, 2013

A hilarious modern take on superheroes

Kick-Ass is a film that shows a boy try to be a superhero. It contains a lot of gore (mainly shown for comical effect), bad language (a lot of it from a 11 year old girl), and a few brief sexual scenes (the main one being a scene where a teenage boy masturbates, though nothing too bad is shown). Most of the violence is an 11 year old girl stabbing or attacking people, and although it looks fairly realistic, it isn't meant to be really serious, and is played for a comical effect. A few people get stabbed, a man explodes in a giant microwave (scene only lasts about half a minute though) and a few people get arms or legs chopped off. 'Hit Girl' is not a positive role model, so I wouldn't show this film to younger children as she could be a bad influence, but there are some positive messages in this film. In one scene Kick-Ass stands up for a guy that he doesn't even know, and get's quite beaten up for it. Teenagers will love this movie as it is violent(but not seriously violent, or too violent) and funny, and it's actually quite a good film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byswagshyguy15 July 27, 2013

Entertaining, Funny and Action-Packed

I personally prepared myself for watching this on DVD as this film seemed very violent as it's R18 (The Most Explicit Film Rating In NZ). But it's not that bad. The language is probably the most explicit part (100 f words) and a lot is from an 11 year old character. The violence is not that bad - most of it is very fast so not much emphasis is put on gore. While it was low-budget and a little silly it was awesome.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2013

kickass is different than your regular superhero movie

first off kickass is one of of those movies were you either love it or hate it i love it. second it does have sex jokes language and gore and lots and lots of violence i watched it when i was 8 and this was my first r film so it was like i watched it yesterday yes its disturbing to see a 11 year old cuss but and kill but that was awesome about the movie thier really isnt any positive role models kind of but not really but their is a good message and that is be what u can be dont give up so i give it 5 stars and think 13 year olds can handle it
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. Critical July 17, 2013

Kick Ass!!!!

I saw this movie on spike and it was awesome!! Its a brand new and fresh superhero movie. Everyone wants to be a superhero but no one has the balls to become one, thats where Dave Lisewski comes in. Lots of action including a 12 year old girl beating grown men to death with God knows what! Very entertaining and at sometimes emotional. Cant wait for the second one!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySonia S. June 28, 2013

Awesome movie, cant wait for part two! Aaron (the main actor) is also super cute and hot and gahh you know what I mean!
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!!

seriously guys, its a great movie. my parents were a bi squirmish letting me watch this movie bu after it they loved it! if you dont like the swearing, go to school for a day, people say he f word casually! not because of kick ass, as only some of the kids have seen it. violence? dude, if you let your kid watch this and they will not become a murderer! dont be a helecopter parent! I know a 6 year old that LOVES this movie! she wouldnt hurt a fly! this movie teaches your children to stand up for themselves! this movie is amazing!
Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2013

THIS MOVIE KICKS ASS

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheenie May 21, 2013

LOVE IT

I Loved it I am 13 not recomended for kids under 13 no WAY
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Kick Ass my second favorite movie

Kick Ass is funny. It is a really good superhero move. The script is great and it is acted very well. I highly recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJoespray12 April 3, 2013

"Kick- Butt" coulda made it PG-13......

REALLY funny, which kinda lets the sex and violence "bypass". You'll be laughing too much to even tell this IS rated R!!!! ALOT of language though.
Kid, 3 years old March 23, 2013

its one best movies i have saw

its really funny but with blood and gore strong language brief nudity and alot drugs including coke.it still happens to be great movie.its something when your watching a 11 year old curse right in front of her dad and being shot with a gun by her dad when she has a bullet proof vest on.its really crazy.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjm97 February 9, 2013

Awesome movie for older teens and adults

This is a very entertaining movie, and I recommend it to any mature 16 year old and up. It is rated R, and for good reason. The most controversial character, Hit Girl, played by Chloe Grace Moretz (11 in this film) swears quite often and engages in a lot of violence, but is quite entertaining. There is a good amount of sexual content, and a plethora of profanity. This is a great movie, and I definitely recommend it, but LEAVE THE KIDS AT HOME. Just because it's a superhero movie does not mean it is for children. Please heed the rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats February 2, 2013

Have Fear. They're Here.

One of the most original super hero movies I've ever seen by far. It is a really great movie and could be the definition of a film made for teens, but in this case fifteen and up. It would probably be okay for a mature thirteen or fourteen year old to see but I don't recommend watching it with your parents. There is heavy language including f-words, s--t, d-mn, h-ll, a--, d--k, and only a few uses of the two c-words. There is some sexual content and brief nudity but it isn't too explicit. There is drug references and one brief use of it. It's also ultra-violent, and most of that comes from Hit-Girl, played excellently by Chloe Grace Moretz. Performances are top-notch and the directing is unique. A-.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2013

Good Movie Overall

OK, I for one, am a huge Chloe Mortez fan,and think that Hit Girl was one of her best roles. I do not get what the big deal is! She said f***k a couple of times! I hate to break it to you, but reall 11-year olds do curse, take it from me. The violence was pretty bad, but it was all done in a very comedic way. There actually were some very good messages in this movie about standing up for yourself and others. In one scene there was inferred sex, but nothing was actually shown. Enjoy!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGotmarshmallowed December 28, 2012

One of the Best Movies Ever

So im 13 and kick-ass was a Good movie shud of been pg13 i think. Some words but most kids no and use them anyway. The violence wasnt very graphic and the blood looked like smeared jello. i dont really have high tolerance for violence but this movie was no prob and i cant wait for the sequel. Good message in the end and Overall awesome movie! U gotta c it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarshine027 December 26, 2012

They do sex all through the movie, it is just sex, sex, sex.
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 18, 2012

watch the avengers instead of this pile of garbage

too much sexual content,and plus the characters swear alot in the movie with most of the language coming out of the mouth of an 11 year old girl named hit-girl,
Teen, 17 years old Written byJohnem95 October 25, 2012

The movie's title is what the movie is.

Kick-Ass is one of the more surprisingly enjoyable movies that's come out in the last ten years - the trailers make it look like some kind of hilarious superhero spoof, but trust me - although it at times pokes fun at comic books, superheroes, and superpowers, it also can be VERY violent and VERY vulgar. Violence includes one scene in which a man is set on fire, as well as several stabbings releasing blood afterwards, and a car running over a man in which the scene is played only for laughs, the guy survives after being in the hospital. While vulgarity includes MANY f-bombs (including a couple from a 10-or-so year old girl) and other various curse words - but really, kids and teens hear all the swear words in school, so it's not like they've never heard the words before. There are a couple kissing/sex scenes, but they don't involve nudity other than a scene in which the main character looks at nude women online and prepares to masturbate (we see his pants down, but no extreme nudity). Before letting your kids watch this 2 hour crowd-pleaser, be sure to brainstorm if this violent, profane superhero movie is really right for your kids at their age.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag September 15, 2012

Action-packed superhero satire is more entertaining than original. Expect a lot of violence!

"Kick-Ass" is a comic adaption that is both action-packed and satirical. It is about a teen that decides to fight criminals and help people - without having any supernatural powers. Basically, the plot is a lot like the one used in the "Batman" movies, a character decides to set a sign that every average person can become a superhero. However, "Kick-Ass" also is a parody. It features several comical moments and references to comics, movies, etc. If you compare it to "Superhero Movie", another comic book parody released two years earlier, "Kick-Ass" is cruder, more violent and has a more interesting sense of humour. This is a movie from superhero fans for superhero fans. Fans of the genre will propably find it an excellent movie, others propably won't. It still is entertaining and funny. However, it lacks originality and is not the best superhero movie. (SPOILERS may follow:) As for the age restriction, the movie has quite a lot of violence - both stylized and realistic. There are scene featuring gun fights, fist fights and extremely choreographed fights including a sharp weapon. These scenes are bloody, but however, they are handable. Other more graphic scenes include a man being crushed in a car compactor - we see blood splattering onto the window - and a scene towards the ending in which Kick-Ass and Big Daddy are tortured by evil men - they are beaten and set on fire. A scene towards the beginning shows a man who is threatened to have his finger cut off by a wire-cutter. The impact is off-screen, but we hear screaming. A man explodes in a giant microwave. There is blood everywhere, but it is meant to be comical. Some other violence. There are several sexual references. At the beginning, masturbation is meantioned quite a lot, we see tissues falling down, but we don't see explicit detail. The language is pretty R-ish. You have to see that both the violence and the language is mostly done by a 11-year old girl, who enjoys doing this. (END OF SPOILERS) Mature teens around 15 should get that the movie is both satirical and fictional, and should not have any problem watching this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byfelise1999 September 8, 2012

it's totally fine. just watch it first

what??! i saw this movie and i'm 13. trust me parents, it's nothing your kids haven't seen or heard before. just watch out for the violence, and there is a sex scene (no nudity), and there are a few f-bombs, and 1 c-word, but other than that, it's pretty tame. despite the action and sex, dave is still a good role model. he does what nobody else is willing to do, and risks his life for strangers. sure he makes some bad choices, but that just makes the character more real. unlike the perfect, strong, amazing super heroes, kick ass just seems like a real guy that decided to try to do some good. even when he makes mistakes, his heart is in the right place. if you are really worried about your kids seeing this film, watch it first, then decide if it's appropriate. but i would say that it is probably way to much for children under 12.