All member reviews for Kick-Ass

Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 18, 2012

watch the avengers instead of this pile of garbage

too much sexual content,and plus the characters swear alot in the movie with most of the language coming out of the mouth of an 11 year old girl named hit-girl,
Teen, 17 years old Written byJohnem95 October 25, 2012

The movie's title is what the movie is.

Kick-Ass is one of the more surprisingly enjoyable movies that's come out in the last ten years - the trailers make it look like some kind of hilarious superhero spoof, but trust me - although it at times pokes fun at comic books, superheroes, and superpowers, it also can be VERY violent and VERY vulgar. Violence includes one scene in which a man is set on fire, as well as several stabbings releasing blood afterwards, and a car running over a man in which the scene is played only for laughs, the guy survives after being in the hospital. While vulgarity includes MANY f-bombs (including a couple from a 10-or-so year old girl) and other various curse words - but really, kids and teens hear all the swear words in school, so it's not like they've never heard the words before. There are a couple kissing/sex scenes, but they don't involve nudity other than a scene in which the main character looks at nude women online and prepares to masturbate (we see his pants down, but no extreme nudity). Before letting your kids watch this 2 hour crowd-pleaser, be sure to brainstorm if this violent, profane superhero movie is really right for your kids at their age.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag September 15, 2012

Action-packed superhero satire is more entertaining than original. Expect a lot of violence!

"Kick-Ass" is a comic adaption that is both action-packed and satirical. It is about a teen that decides to fight criminals and help people - without having any supernatural powers. Basically, the plot is a lot like the one used in the "Batman" movies, a character decides to set a sign that every average person can become a superhero. However, "Kick-Ass" also is a parody. It features several comical moments and references to comics, movies, etc. If you compare it to "Superhero Movie", another comic book parody released two years earlier, "Kick-Ass" is cruder, more violent and has a more interesting sense of humour. This is a movie from superhero fans for superhero fans. Fans of the genre will propably find it an excellent movie, others propably won't. It still is entertaining and funny. However, it lacks originality and is not the best superhero movie. (SPOILERS may follow:) As for the age restriction, the movie has quite a lot of violence - both stylized and realistic. There are scene featuring gun fights, fist fights and extremely choreographed fights including a sharp weapon. These scenes are bloody, but however, they are handable. Other more graphic scenes include a man being crushed in a car compactor - we see blood splattering onto the window - and a scene towards the ending in which Kick-Ass and Big Daddy are tortured by evil men - they are beaten and set on fire. A scene towards the beginning shows a man who is threatened to have his finger cut off by a wire-cutter. The impact is off-screen, but we hear screaming. A man explodes in a giant microwave. There is blood everywhere, but it is meant to be comical. Some other violence. There are several sexual references. At the beginning, masturbation is meantioned quite a lot, we see tissues falling down, but we don't see explicit detail. The language is pretty R-ish. You have to see that both the violence and the language is mostly done by a 11-year old girl, who enjoys doing this. (END OF SPOILERS) Mature teens around 15 should get that the movie is both satirical and fictional, and should not have any problem watching this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byfelise1999 September 8, 2012

it's totally fine. just watch it first

what??! i saw this movie and i'm 13. trust me parents, it's nothing your kids haven't seen or heard before. just watch out for the violence, and there is a sex scene (no nudity), and there are a few f-bombs, and 1 c-word, but other than that, it's pretty tame. despite the action and sex, dave is still a good role model. he does what nobody else is willing to do, and risks his life for strangers. sure he makes some bad choices, but that just makes the character more real. unlike the perfect, strong, amazing super heroes, kick ass just seems like a real guy that decided to try to do some good. even when he makes mistakes, his heart is in the right place. if you are really worried about your kids seeing this film, watch it first, then decide if it's appropriate. but i would say that it is probably way to much for children under 12.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 August 19, 2012

really good superhero movie

sex+language+violence= kick ass sex =6/10 language=6/10 i did see this movie when it first came out but this is what i remember. violence=9/10
Teen, 13 years old Written byfireball5227 August 13, 2012

Kick-ass was Kick-ass!

This was a surprisingly good movie. It involved a lot of violence that I think anyone under 13 should not see. Great plot and Amazing loyalty to the graphic novel.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygordgord July 13, 2012

Extremely Good

Teen, 15 years old Written byantoineisthebest July 11, 2012

this movie kick asses

I love this movie and trust me it's probably the only super heroe movie that I like it's made for teen 13 and up, contian the language isn't the best ( what you except from a rated r teen comedy) their is also lot of blood the most disturbing is scene is the giant microwave ( you know what I am talking about if you seen it) , it girl is pretty rough, lots of blood , and the most disturbing part is to know that she only 11 well can't wait for kick ass 2!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byconcernedteen123 July 4, 2012

A Brutal, Crazy, Twisted Superhero Movie: My Favorite!

I saw this at age 12. I own this and have seen it over 10 times. There is constant, twisted, brutal violence-I think a 13 year old could handle that though-constant pervasive strong language,including the word "c- -t" uttered by a preteen-your child is probably exposed to these words at school, like I am-and sexual content, including themes of masturbation, "feeling someone up", sexual fantasies, and a brief shot of an african woman topless,which is something you would see on a National Geographic-ages 12-14 (you can always close there eyes)-and drug dealers, ages 13 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byChip44 June 30, 2012

Ehh..

Hilarious movie with awesome action but too much language
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan24 May 14, 2012

Good superhero movie for mature children

Teen, 13 years old Written byshelbyjane99 May 5, 2012

Inappropriate, But Awesome!

Well *nervous laughter*, I saw this when I was 12. The beginning made me feel awkward because the bloody teacher was stripping... Anyway, I love this movie! Yeah, it's violent, but I watch CSI. Yeah, it cusses, but I go to high school. Obviously, you shouldn't watch it if you're, like, 11. I really don't know how to explain this. It's inappropriate, but kids are used to it and it seems less. That's what I'm getting at.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxxEPICxPOTATOxx March 30, 2012

LET THEM WATCH THE MOVIE!

It has an inspirational story about some one wanting to be a superhero. If your children is enrolled at a public school then 99.9% positive that they have listened to all the "bad" words on a daily basis, and maybe even using them. If your child is mature enough that they know what $3x means then it is appropriate. I learned the"c" word when i was in 2nd grade, and just about every other cuss word there is in the world.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHack♥hack♥ March 30, 2012

"Je*us," "Ch**st," "re*ard," and "d**che." really come on people i here worse. stop hiding this stuff from us
Teen, 15 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 March 7, 2012

funny/violent movie

Kick-Ass can be either a incredibly funny, unique movie, or it could be a incredibly crass, violent movie; it depends on your thinking. Personally, I thought this movie was hilarious, and extremely entertaining, but that's just my opinion. I have to admit, though, that I was expecting a much more..light hearted movie, instead, I got a pretty dark themed movie, but it was still excellent. There is quite a bit of violence, such as: body parts getting hacked off, stabbings, shootings, beatings, etc. There is some sexual content: some nude images, implied masturbation, and a couple has sex. There is also a lot of swearing throughout the whole entire movie (a lot of it comes out of a young girl's mouth). All in all, a very good, funny/violent movie, that will keep you laughing and cringing until the end of the movie. I recommend for mature tweens and up. Enjoy!
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 2, 2012

Very Vulgar and violent, but very funny

There is a lot of talk about drugs, but minimal use. The language is constant and usually pretty crude. There is some nudity and sexual content, nothing very graphic. Now the violence is very brutal. It is bloody and pervasive. A man is actually blown up in a giant microwave. Not for kids, but this is a great movie.
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2012

great movie but no kids

This movie will likely attract teens or tweens but it`s way too violent. It also has a fair amount of sex talk and a sex scene and a scene of masturbation. So i wouldent recomend this for kids watch this your self im not kidding also not to mention the almost CONSTANT swearing and drug use is also an issue. Oh and wait theres more some of the killings are done by an 11 YEAR OLD GIRL!!!!!!!! I`m sorry to say this but i sy off for fifteen or under
Teen, 15 years old Written byL.Ferguson February 10, 2012

awesome movie skip all the bad parts if your under 17.

great movie but extremely edgy, if anyone who's under the age of 17 is gonna see this film do what i did, skip all the bad scene's. If you do that then the only thing you'll have to put up with is a lot of swearing. Other than that kick ass rules! It was totally original and was funny.
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2012

awesomeness

Kick Ass is the best movie EVER!!!!! Everyone says the cussing is an issue, but im only 12 and I learned half of those words from my dad. But the violence is WAY too intense for most kids. I think anyone 12& up would love this movie.
Kid, 10 years old January 24, 2012