All member reviews for Kick-Ass

Teen, 15 years old Written byArabianHorses January 21, 2011

Um....love it!

I love this movie! Hit Girl is AMAZING! And hilarous! Watch this movie please!
Kid, 10 years old September 5, 2010

Common Sense Media is Too Harsh!

I Saw probably one of the most violent scenes in the movie where Hit Girl stabs tons of people, Cuts Off a Dude's Leg, then Stabs him in the back and I honestly have to say that the blood looks like red slime! It's Not gross or disturbing and makes the scenes kind of funny! The other worst scene is when a guy explodes in an oven... THAT'S IT!! I mean the blood in the incredible hulk looks real! But in a rated R movie the blood looks like Goo! Lol! :D Also the language is what's inappropriate but most kids know the F word and some know the C word like me. I think kids 11 and up could see this movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHidden_light96 April 20, 2010

Kick-Ass is kick-ass.

Awesome movie! I find it disturbing to see an 11 year-old cussing, but hey, elementary kids cuss nowadays and it's not suprising (Not saying it's a good thing, it's greatly a bad thing.) anymore. Lots of violence and sexual jokes but I think it's alright for 16+. Anyone younger or "innocent and pure", STAY HOME.
Teen, 17 years old Written bygingerkiss May 14, 2011

Kickass - The most over the top R18 rating in history!

I LOVED this movie! I'm 14 and at first my parents were a little squemish about letting me see a R18 movie but after they saw it they were as shocked as I was. Kickass has got to be one of the most awesomest movies ever and it has no reason why it should be R18. So what if an 11 year old girl is swearing? Man I swore like a sailor when I was that age! So what if she kills people? I know adults say tweens are at an impressionable age, but seeing Hitgirl kill people isn't going to send them on a murderous rampage. She even sends positive messages - That girls don't have to use their sexuality to be action heroes. Just like Ripeley in Alien she defies gender boundaries. Kickass also sends positive messages that you should stand up for what you believe in. My only reserve would be if your kids are sensitive to violence BUT don't just assume they are. Ask, and talk to your kids about the limit of violence they mind. Kickass there is alot of people getting shot and things, a bit like Hot Fuzz. (but less gorey) Nothing like Saw or gornographic movies. And the sex in this? I have seen WAY worse in family guy. I mean this is nothing compared to Family Guy and some Family Guy episodes have been only M. Overall the R18 rating on this film made me miss out on seeing one of the COOLEST films in the world. If you are scared about your kids seeing it - watch it first! And remember- Our generation is alot tougher than you think!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNeil13 March 30, 2011

Kick Ass kicks ass!

This movie was freakin awesome!
Teen, 13 years old Written byam1408 December 28, 2010

pretty cool ! it really is like a comic book ! they should call this movie bad ass because it is is!
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010

Teen, 16 years old Written bySynchronicity April 15, 2010

Sickening violence, just the way you like it, but people under 14 are out of the question

As a rabid fan of the comic, I was indeed excited to hear about a film adaptation of Kick-Ass. But, I thought no one would be able to emulate the sheer awesomeness of Hit Girl. Oh, but I was wrong. This morality tale/comedy/affectionate parody of superheroes is...there's that title. Yeah. Anyways, I wouldn't say No Kids, Common Sense. This film is rated R (17+, NOT 18+) in the US, but in other countries it's given a 15+ or 16+ rating. Personally, I'd be fine with a 15 or 16-year-old seeing this alone. But, I don't think that a little kid (under 13 or 14) should see this. Why? Because of a character that age. Hit Girl uses big guns and flick knives and has the mouth of a sailor. But, people who've read the comic know this already. Not to mention, there's also a lot of violence, but what do you expect? Also, there's some sexual content in the first few minutes. Masturbation is briefly implied, and there are a few sexually related comments, but nothing you wouldn't see or hear in an average Gossip Girl episode. Overall, parents need to just chill out. It's fine for teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAudenC July 3, 2015

Kick-Ass

The movie has bloody violence; lots of F-Bombs and a C from an 11 year old plus some nudity and sex (clothed) and it can be really intense. But this movie is also brilliant and has numerous 'F YEAH!!!' moments. If your mature you'll be able to handle it; but if your touchy stay away!
Teen, 16 years old Written byj-dog123 June 11, 2015

Good Superhero Comedy.

This is a really good movie. It is not bad at all, and I think that all teens can see cause there is nothing bad in it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke54 May 25, 2015

Sooooo funny

Kick-ass is an once off thing with finding my self bursting with laughter at every moment of the movie. The movie could be glorifying violence in a way, because of the super heroes being total badasses while they kill people. I still love this movie its hilarious. It has a lot of swearing and even more extreme bloody violence and some sex references. Its dark comedy not for easily offended, but if your like me and like that kind of comedy then this is for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshihab May 23, 2015

violent.but funny

This movie is really funny. It is only for mature kids. It has a very stronge language. Ps. How can this be "not for kids" if one of the mane characters is 13 years old when the movie was made???
Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2015

11andUp

Well, I have watched this film many times! For anyone under 11 this would not be a interesting, child-nice film! However it does have voilence and some inappropriate scenes, but anyone over 11 can handle that!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2015

OH MY GOSH

This is soooooooooooooo brutal!!! I would rate it 18 LEGS GOT CHOPPED OFF!! Good movie but brutal, brutal, brutal, brutal!!!!! (really funny though!)
Teen, 13 years old Written byelizabethhobbit February 14, 2015

Epic movie really funny.

This movie has inspired me to be hit girl for comic con. But the language is bad as well (but a lot of kids swear) and the violence is bad but not really really bloody, also the sex is not that bad either it just at the start it bad and there only 2 sex jokes so that ok. I really think this movie funny, hit girl the best, so this movie is a must see movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilz the pawz February 2, 2015

AMAZING, wayyy to exagerated

who says this is not for teens? Everybody loves this stuff and it has a great message too I have a sister who's 11 who adores this film. ok some parts are a bit iffy and it can get gory(not for the squeamish) but I think it's brilliant
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2014

Kick Ass is great,but not for young teens

This movie includes ALOT of swearing, mild sex, and lots of violence (the blood does look fake). The movie is iffy for younger teens, and more suitable for 14 and up. Only let your tween watch it if he or she is mature
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy2570 August 29, 2014

Kick Ass !

Kick Ass is a very good movie, is well written and directed and acted. However, despite being a superhero movie, Kick Ass contains a lot of Bloody Violence. Drug use is not a constant theme, but is briefly seen (A man is seen snorting cocaine for a few seconds). Language is strong and constant with uses of F*** , S*** and a use of C**t by an eleven year old girl. Sexual content isn't a major theme but is depicted on occasions in a fully clothed sex scene and mildly through dialogue. Overall, a very different but very good movie for teens.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJasonMovie August 21, 2014

Great superhero action comedy although not so appropriate

The title says it all, this movie contains lots of strong language and tons of violence and exploding blood and all of that s**t as Dave would say.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfellaZ August 16, 2014

Great movie

It is a movie for teens, let your kids watch this if they want but do not watch with them, you will say:'Turn it off a go to bed.'