All member reviews for Kicking & Screaming

This sometimes-obnoxious comedy is no Elf.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

NOT A COMEDY!

Hilarios

A great soccer/football movie with loads of "Old School" comedy
Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2009

kicking and screaming review by critic07

I thougt it was a hillarious laugh out loud comedy. I would recommend it if you like will ferell or robert duvall. Has tones of crude humor and a good moral: winning is not everything. A great family comedy tha has only one bad word where a kid tackles will ferell and screams "thats like a jackle from hell!"
Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2009

Hillarious!

I love this movie. Will Ferrel and the little funny boy, are hillarious! I love this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byredskinator3000 June 11, 2011

Good for kids, young tweens

overall it is a very funny movie that I remember enjoying before I saw the "other" laugh die-hard ferrel movies. It is a good comedy with ferrel, Duvall and the "Italians".
Kid, 10 years old May 14, 2011

SIX +

I loved Kicking and Screaming. It's funny and really cute. I would allow any child over 6 to watch it. There are a few uses of 'hell', but, when your watching, point it out that it's not right. A few little bits about sex (Bi parents) but, it will go over their heads.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byOd April 9, 2008

Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2009

Good... but bad in some ways!

really good but some smoking and launguage.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Parent Written bypeacejen April 9, 2008

A winner for my 6 year old boy!

My kids may be a special case, but neither is fond of Disney movies. It's been very difficult to share my love of movies with my older son, now age 6. I would repeatedly take him to kids movies only to have to leave in the middle because he was bored or scared. This time I waited for him to get excited about a movie, and he did. He BEGGED me to see "Kicking and Screaming", finally, as a reward for some outstanding behavior, I relented and took him to see it. All the way to the theater I kept talking to him about the behavior we might see in the movie and that he should not repeat it. During the movie I would nudge him at appropriate times and say, "That's not acceptable behavior" or something like that, quick and to the point. By the end of the movie he was tapping me and telling me what wasn't allowed in real life. He really enjoyed it, and laughed and laughed and laughed at all the stupid physical humor. The best part was during the game at the end where the team finally figures out what they need to do to win the game. My little boy leaned over to me and whispered, "now they're going to win because they are working together." BINGO! A great lesson for my little guy who sometimes has trouble making heads or tails of group interactions. I wouldn't let him see this alone, by any means. But, with a heavy dose of Parental Guidance, it's a fun movie even for little kids.
Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

i laughed

This Movie is SOOOOOOOOO Funny i just makes you laugh so hard. he is a funny! guy.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2009

Really Funny Movie

I liked it because it was funny. It will please many ages. It's not really all that bad, just a few mixed messages. Some messages are really good, but some are iffy. But if you like pretty decent comedies, you shouldn't skip Kicking and Screaming!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 September 25, 2009

Is it a good Ferrel comedy?

How to compare....it's worse than "Elf," but certainly better then "Semi-Pro." Its message is sometimes confusing, but it's an all-together amusing movie about kids playing soccer, a little similar to "The Big Green." It has its good and bad parts.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylivvy314 January 4, 2011

good movie!

great movie! really funny! the only problem is that there are lesbian parents; im not against gays or anything, but if you dont want your kids seeing that in a movie then dont rent it; other than that its a great movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykayvan_922 April 4, 2009

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 7, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byBatman101 June 28, 2013

AWESOME COMEDY

This is a VERY FUNNY movie! Highly recommended to those who don't mind a little old-school humor. Super funny with a little bit of adult content, but nothing serious is said or shown.
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2012

good movie

it is a good movie for kids over 7 I watched it when i was 9 and nothing was very bad only a few bad words and a little violance