All member reviews for Kicking & Screaming

Hilarios

A great soccer/football movie with loads of "Old School" comedy
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 September 25, 2009

Is it a good Ferrel comedy?

How to compare....it's worse than "Elf," but certainly better then "Semi-Pro." Its message is sometimes confusing, but it's an all-together amusing movie about kids playing soccer, a little similar to "The Big Green." It has its good and bad parts.
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2009

Good... but bad in some ways!

really good but some smoking and launguage.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancer321 February 16, 2014

Kicking and Screaming...

This movie was okay overall. Phil, the main character, is not a good role model at times and just wants to win the soccer games. He even tells the kids to "break someone's clavicle!" at one point. He yells at someone to shut up, orders someone to get him a juice box, yells at a kid for shooting the ball in the net instead of passing it, calls a kid a "fart-face kid", and calls kids losers and other insults. One character smokes. In the end, however, Phil realizes his mistakes and makes everything okay. This movie was okay overall.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar August 24, 2012

Hilarious

The best part about this comedy is its a kid friendly will ferrell movie.
Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2009

kicking and screaming review by critic07

I thougt it was a hillarious laugh out loud comedy. I would recommend it if you like will ferell or robert duvall. Has tones of crude humor and a good moral: winning is not everything. A great family comedy tha has only one bad word where a kid tackles will ferell and screams "thats like a jackle from hell!"
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2014

Decent, but not Anchorman or Elf

A formulaic cliche, true. But also a colorful, honest, and straightforward entertainment. I liked it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovemaroon5 December 21, 2013

SUPER FUNNY

This is, by far, one of my favorite movies ever, and I'm not just saying that because my life is soccer. Movies like this are always ruined with cussing and drinking. But yet, they take those factors out and what do you get...a movie even teenagers would laugh at. It is absolutely on of the most funniest movies I have EVER seen. Will Ferrell does AMAZING. Even if you don't like soccer, this movie is still funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatman101 June 28, 2013

AWESOME COMEDY

This is a VERY FUNNY movie! Highly recommended to those who don't mind a little old-school humor. Super funny with a little bit of adult content, but nothing serious is said or shown.
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd March 21, 2013

you dont have to like soccor in order to like kicking and screaming

I'll admit while it's no elf it still one of will ferrell better movies
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2012

good movie

it is a good movie for kids over 7 I watched it when i was 9 and nothing was very bad only a few bad words and a little violance
Teen, 13 years old Written byredskinator3000 June 11, 2011

Good for kids, young tweens

overall it is a very funny movie that I remember enjoying before I saw the "other" laugh die-hard ferrel movies. It is a good comedy with ferrel, Duvall and the "Italians".
Kid, 10 years old May 14, 2011

SIX +

I loved Kicking and Screaming. It's funny and really cute. I would allow any child over 6 to watch it. There are a few uses of 'hell', but, when your watching, point it out that it's not right. A few little bits about sex (Bi parents) but, it will go over their heads.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylivvy314 January 4, 2011

good movie!

great movie! really funny! the only problem is that there are lesbian parents; im not against gays or anything, but if you dont want your kids seeing that in a movie then dont rent it; other than that its a great movie!
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2009

Really Funny Movie

I liked it because it was funny. It will please many ages. It's not really all that bad, just a few mixed messages. Some messages are really good, but some are iffy. But if you like pretty decent comedies, you shouldn't skip Kicking and Screaming!
Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2009

Hillarious!

I love this movie. Will Ferrel and the little funny boy, are hillarious! I love this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykayvan_922 April 4, 2009