All member reviews for Kiki's Delivery Service

A mystical, positive take on girl's coming of age.

Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

Great Family Movie

Great family movie. A little slow for the young ones, but still a great story.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byLila Jo May 1, 2011
Good humor, good music, good characters, good story, and great animation make this movie very special.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bychez_geek December 21, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written byNeon_Fish September 5, 2015
Parent of a 6 year old Written byMissMama April 7, 2010

Frightening to six year olds

I think this movie overall was ok. Very witchy - not in a fantasy sense. I think the part where the boy is falling and Kiki has to save him goes on for quite a whiles and is frightening - it is portrayed as an emergency scene with people running and screaming and sirens blaring as a blimp goes crashing into buildings etc ... my daughter and a friend (both 6) had eyes wide opened and seemed stressed watching this. In the end all is well, but do our children NEED to see terrifying images happening, I don't think so. All in all probably better than what's usually out ther - but not quite so harmless as say Strawberry Shortcake or Whinnie the pooh.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... October 2, 2009

Great for little kids.

It's not Miyazaki's best work, but it was fun and the kids really loved it.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjinx-wolf March 21, 2014
Adult Written byapmasonmom April 9, 2008

no villain

My son loved this movie because there is no bad guy. He felt relaxed enough to really enjoy it without worrying about something scarry happening.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBlueDragonMaster98 May 31, 2010

Better than Spirited Away

I have nothing to complain about. It's perfect. Kids will love it just as much as adults. It teaches the hardships in life and friendship as well as individuality. Kiki is sweet and a nice girl who has a difficult time fitting in since she's a witch living in a city without witches. That, and she meets other nice people who teach her a lot of useful information about herself. She has a bit of a romance with Tombo, but it stays more of a friendship in the film, but you can see it gets stronger in the credits. Unless a young man about to fall off a dirigible is really that scary (it is concerning, but more on a suspense factor), kids should be fine for it all. The Japanese version is better. (I've seen both) but the English voices make some of the characters sound a bit conceited and rude. Especially the witch after the opening credits. She is not nearly that rude as she is in the English.
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2009

LOVE IT!!

This movie is awsome. I LOVE IT!!!
Kid, 8 years old July 20, 2014

my favourite movie ever

everyone can what it. not scary except at the end (for little ones) no sexy stuff no swearing other than a few insults. great movie. no drinking drugs or smoking .
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlex L H April 4, 2014

A great movie for the faimily

This is an awesome movie for all ages. It is a very entertaining movie to watch with a good story about a young witch trying to discover who she is. There is no violence or swearing, there are some suspenseful moments when Kiki is on her broom stick but nothing scary that will keep kids up at night. It has many good lessons about helping others and being yourself also many good role models. It is still fun to watch for older kids so if your family has older kids and younger kids this is an awesome movie to watch.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byMamaBearNJ April 2, 2010

If you've ever wished you could fly...

My whole family loved this movie about a young witch trying to get her career started when she's not sure what she's good at. My 6-year-old son especially loved the flying scenes -- Kiki on her sometimes uncontrollable broom, and even more fascinating her friend with his crazy homemade flying machines. Another charming import from Miyazaki! Like a lot of Miyazaki's heroines, Kiki is brave, resourceful, and always eager to help.
Parent Written bykfw February 19, 2015

we loved this movie!

While I'll admit we were a little worried when witches were mentioned at first, we son realized the witches were not bad/scary. We are so glad we gave the movie a chance. (Background: my 6yo is quite sensitive to scary things, ie doesn't like watching Frozen b/c of the snow monster and wolves, doesn't like Lion King because of the elephant graveyard, etc. We have a hard time finding movies he enjoys and isn't scared by.) This movie was perfect, we are always pleased to find movies with no bad guys and nothing scary to cause bad dreams, and this one did it. My kids loved Kiki. she is a strong and independent good-hearted female character, which I love. The story was interesting and different. I recommend this movie to anyone. (I also have a 4yo who liked it a lot but didn't pick up on everything, which isn't really a problem but is why I said age 5.)
Teen, 17 years old Written by_____________ August 29, 2015
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byStacyVR February 25, 2015

Another fantastic Miyazaki movie

My two boys have loved this movie for years. Over the years, we have discussed different aspects of the movie -- a child moving away from her parents; becoming comfortable with one's self; self-reliance; friendship; cats; flying machines -- it's really never-ending. I just adore how the protagonist is a strong girl, and it's never made by the filmmaker as a point for the viewer to notice. It just is.
Parent Written bymyab October 14, 2010

Enjoyed By Young and Old

Both my children, older and younger, love this movie. We usually watch this once a year, and it has never gotten old. It's a story that strikes chords in anyone who's ever felt out of place in the world. Great messages about how being different is okay, and how important friendship can be. It also shows what hard work and a good attitude can help a person achieve. One warning: this movie, though obviously fantasy, does feature witches and witch powers in a real world style setting, and depending on pov may not be appropriate for your household.
Kid, 9 years old June 30, 2013

Kiki's Delivery Service Has All The Ingredients To Make a Perfect Movie

People always say That if I Was Any Movie Character I'd Be Kiki. This Movie Is The 4th Miyazaki Film I Have Ever Seen (Out of 9) and It So Edge of Your Seat and The Animation is Breathtaking I Think Kiki's Delivery Service is One of The Top 30 Best Movies Ever Made.
Kid, 7 years old January 19, 2013

I Love This Movie!

I like this movie because I like good witches. The cat was really funny.
Kid, 11 years old February 29, 2012

Smlies

Its a really nice good movie for kids of any ages