All member reviews for Kingdom of Heaven

Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 March 27, 2010

Wonderful movie, but very violent. Iffy for ages 15-16.

There isn't a ton of blood in this movie - but the violence is very extreme, can be graphic, and sometimes very disturbing, such as when a character gets stabbed and then pushed into a fire and you watch him burn. In the beginning, a man says to his son: "I knew your mother. To be courteous, I should say it was against her objections". A man has sex with a woman, but the scene is very brief and comprises of passionate kissing and suggested nudity, but not actual nudity is shown. Some language is used, mainly "b-----d", but nothing like the F or S word. Overall, the sex and language are not big concerns - the main thing is the violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykliz104.1 April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byJohanjwalker April 9, 2008

Common Sense Media has underated this! If you liked Gladiator, you'll like this!

Common Sense Media had underated this movie. Its actually a pretty good film. Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, and Alien are Ridley Scott's best movies, and I personally like him as a director. This latest movie is really good too. Very enjoyable. I liked it and I intend to buy it someday. However, this film, like just almost all of Ridley Scott's films is very violent, but for Ridley Scott's standards, this film isn't violent or gory at all compared to Black Hawk Down, where you see all sorts of gore. There is a tiny bit of strong language, and one sex scene which lasts about 15 seconds before fading away. It will go right over most kid's heads. But remember the violence. There is a lot of blood here. I, personally, have seen very many extremely violent movies and never have been bothered by violence or any kind or extreme gore, such as in Apocalypto. (I've seen that, yes, at 13. If you want proof, I'e written a review of it on its Common Sense Media page.) But Kingdom of Heaven is a good movie, no doubt. I liked it. It doesn't beat Saving Private Ryan or Gladiator or Black Hawk Down, but its still a must-see for Ridley Scott fans. This is good stuff. Just know your kid. Is he/she very sensitive to violence, blood and gore? However, if you've seen Gladiator or Black Hawk Down, then this is utterly G-rated.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypatthetrick April 9, 2008

this movie was good

the movie had a very good story, but it was a little long. the movie has graphic violence ,like heads being cut off, hot oil is poured on people, and men shot with arrows[blood is shone] there is a small sex scene, but not that bad. all togather a good movie i hope you can see it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEatNoBeef May 27, 2009

Very good movie that accurately portrays the crusades. If you cannot stand blood and gore then I would not suggest it. If your child is at least 13 he/she will probably be able to judge for themselves. Remember that being over-protective is the fastest way to motivate your child to do inappropriate things. *SPOILER ALERT* There are multiple times where people get their throats slit and choke on their blood. There is a leper who dies and you get a lovely open-casket look at him.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKing_kong922 April 9, 2008

Gosh! This movie is less violent than AVP and its rated R

I say that this movie is not too violent if was the people that rate films i will rate it PG-13. This movie is sames LOTR 3 but LOTR 3 is more violent than kingdom of heaven. My friends and i enjoyed it they are 11-14 i'm 14 i recommended that this movies if for ages 14 and up
Teen, 15 years old Written byelenmadil April 9, 2008

Really grate movie. It shows how the world looked during the crusades. It shows the Muslims and the Christians and the Jews all living together, and having peacefull life. And it shows how much damage hatred twords another riligion can bring. The ending was a bit decepointing.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

There should be more movies like this masterpiece

Let me make something clear before I begin, this movie is one of the most underated movies in filming history. I waited a year after it came out, and then finally bought it(at this time there were many negative reviews on this film). I must admit, the first time I viewed it, it was a bit rushed and fast paced. However, the great scenery, fight sequences, and acting(despite the negative reviews that stated Orlando as being no more that dead wood),soon made you forget about how fast-paced it was. And then it happened. Ridley Scott decided to put out a directors cut of the film. Now, the film was flawless(that is, to those that love epics). The film now had much more character development, and was not at all rushed. Now, at the end of the movie, you felt it was complete. Its extremely sad that many epics today are sold only for the sex, and gore that they contain(Alexander,Troy,300). This film had niether, and it was still very good. The lifesaver of the film however,was the music(composed by Harry Gregson-Williams). The music and the movie are virtually inseperatable. All in all, I wish there were more of these beautiful "clean" epics. It does contain some violence(especially in the extended cut,where blood is digitally added in where previously it wasnt. As well as some head loppings but nothing overly gory or gross). In the original, there is a brief kissing scene(extended by 8 seconds in the directors cut, which cotains another one that is isnt worth mentioning). If you plan on seeing this film(which I strongly advise you to do), watch the original first, and watch the directors cut. You'll laugh at how much you missed. Either way, its still good. Thank God for Ridley Scott
Teen, 13 years old Written byDman April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byKScottA May 24, 2010

That was the best movie ever; I loved it immensley.
Teen, 15 years old Written byswagmaster101 May 15, 2013

Great movie

It's was a great movie, a little educational given the setting and the crusaders. Watch this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTanRoy July 12, 2012

Awesome War Movie, With Awesome Acting, Awesome Action, Awesome Story, and Awesome Message

I've seen the director's cut, and truly, this is one of the best epic war movies I've ever watched. It stands right with movies like Gladiator and 300. I haven't found anything negative about the movie. The acting of all the characters, especially Green, Norton, Neeson, whoever played Saladin, and Bloom, somewhat, were spectacular. The story about a remorseful and sinful blacksmith and war strategist who journeys to Jerusalem to find redemption is touching and marvelous. The action, especially in the final siege of Jerusalem, is amazing: I haven't seen a single movie that displays a siege so dramatically and realistically. And the final messages and morals of the story are all valuable life lessons. All in all, this a flawless epic action/adventure movie with splendid performances, great dialogue, and an ethical message.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan24 May 14, 2012

Good, historic movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byyesthisisme April 13, 2012

Really underrated

CSM, I saw this and I'm 13, not that bad. REALLY TWO STARS FIVE STARS MORE LIKE, but watch the directors cut, SOOO worth it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydark rose April 9, 2008

luved it

sex: breif 2-second scene (man shown kissing woman) do not be mislead by the trailer. it shows stuff that's not in the movie violence- it's the crusades. duh it's going to have violence. not as brutal and gory as gladiator language: none. just wh*re and b*stard ( not really considered swearing b/c of the time period)