All member reviews for Knight and Day

Action romance has high body count, little consequence.

Parent Written byJessie379 December 13, 2010

Fun, entertaining, but more mature than I would like for my kids

I watched this movie with my children, ages 16 years, 13 years, and 10 months. Not something I would usually watch with my kids, but the pickings are slim these days. I did not like the scene on the train where the guys pulled the bloody knife very slowly from his torso. I think the movie would have been just as good without the F-word, and the lines about sex. It was a fun, entertaining movie, just a little more mature than I had hoped, since I was watching it with my kids.
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 9, 2010

Fun action-comedy is entertaining but very violent for a PG-13

First things first: this is definitely a fun movie. The cast is great, especially the two main leads. They play off each other well. And although this movie is fun, it is very violent with plenty of intense action scenes. My only problem with it is the quirkiness of it. I am not a fan of quirky films, namely Indies, and this film had an Indie film vibe to it. Parents: Like I said, there's lots of violence and intense action, with some bloody injuries. There's also language and some sensuality. What I would have rated it: PG-13 for Intense Sequences of Action Violence Throughout, Language, and some Sensuality. Bottom Line: A very fun movie worth watching, even in theaters. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2010

Entertaining!

This is a fun action comedy that I found entertaining! Some of the violence kind of surprised me, but not too bad.
Parent of a 17 and 18 year old Written byclarkei June 30, 2010

Generally good fun with a touch of tension and lots of adventure, and a couple of unnecessary expletives. Cruise and Diaz work very well together but comic portrayal seems to be one of Cruise's real fortes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMktheReviewer August 5, 2010

The movie stays by its PG-13 rating.

This is a really FUNNY , action packed movie! There is a lot of action violence but nothing too serious. There is an attempted stab w/ a knife assasination but very little blood is shown. I thought the sex in this movie was OK for a PG-13 movie. There is a scene where Roy, the spy, says t "I 've ben trained to dismantle a bomb in the dark, you dont think I can dress you without....looking. Im not saying that's what I did though". And then in another scene, June, the woman, says "I think we'd have really good sex. But really I think it's age appropriate for the PG-13 rating. GOOD, FUNNY MOVIE!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymylibrarycardworeout August 10, 2011

Lots of Laughing!

This is a great movie for a family with older kids. It is funny and it keeps you laughing. Yes people get killed but there is no blood. What do you expect in a spy movie? Someone of course has to get killed. This is a must watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Rateinator August 17, 2010

Slightly suggestive,violent but mostly fun

This action comedy beats others (The Bonty Hunter, Killers) Quite a bit of blood and violence. Funny mostly but some comedy is mature and wont be understood by smaller children. Swearing not too much only one f-bomb but a fair few s words kisses but they are glossed over by violence.
Parent Written byDotComMom July 12, 2010

Must see for mom and dad

We loved this movie so much we have already seen it twice to catch all the action that we missed the first time. It is a great movie! My husband loved it so much that he said, "it is the best movie I have seen in 10 years".
Adult Written byMesned July 13, 2010

A Must See

Adult Written byAio July 8, 2010

Fun movie for summer

ok for 12 and older though my 10y.o. watched it with no problem, i think it's fun for a summer movie trip, it's an easy, light, good summer flick, there are some fighting scenes but it's not violent movie.
Adult Written byterra100 June 25, 2010

Want to go to a fun movie? This one is excellent

Really liked it! Very fun movie!! Wonderful chemistry between Diaz and Cruise.
Teen, 13 years old Written byurwill2 June 26, 2010

I think the movie is alright, however, I will not allow my children to see the movie at their ages.
Adult Written bywallyk2334 June 23, 2010

One of best movies this year for adults and teenagers

Definitely not for your younger kids but excellent for adults and most teenagers. This is probably the best movie I have seen in a while (except for toy story 3). If your kids have seen Indiana Jones then they should be able to handle this movie.
Adult Written byodatwendy July 1, 2010

Common Sense did a great description above of the movie. The audience laughed a lot and once you understand the movie's humor, you can laugh at the impossibilities of this shoot-em-up movie. I agree there were a couple unnecessary expletives. Cruise definitely plays the macho man.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2010

pretty good

pretty good movie. The action was great and Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz were great but if you havent seen it your not missing out on much. Probably 8 or 9+ can see it.
Kid, 10 years old August 2, 2010

good for 10 and up

This movie was the best movie ever just a little violent just one scence i didnt like was a stabbing scene on a train but it wasnt that bad
Teen, 14 years old Written byCotty July 4, 2010

entertaining- WATCH IT!!!!!

I am personally not a big Tom Cruise fan. (like a lot of people now days) But the commercials looked so funny that I decided I wanted to watch it. It is and adventure through the entire movie and it will keep you entertained. One thing to look out for is there is a lot of deaths-not a lot of gut renching stuff or anything but you can really tell there is a body count. The action while it is good there is one to many "almost didn't make its" but it makes the movie all the more funnier. It is a Must See!
Kid, 8 years old June 19, 2010

oh my god this is great
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2014

Action/romance flick has a little bit for everyone.

This movie was a surprisingly entertaining film. The violence is extensive. It includes multiple prolonged gun battles and explosions. Despite the high body count, there is no blood or gore. The movie is very cartoonish, and therefore suitable for younger audiences. There is some sexual tension between characters. As well as some innuendos that don't waste any screen time or would provide a reason to skip scenes. This movie has a little bit for everyone, from its awesome action sequences to its romance, to its comes y. This has to be Tom Cruise's best work since "Mission Impossible" or "Minority Report." Overall, this is an awesome film, that can be enjoyed by the whole family!
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2014

Perfectly Fine

I saw this film at the age of eight and I loved it! I think it has an awesome theme, and it is on for everyone 8+