Action romance has high body count, little consequence.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 6, 2011

i rate this title ON for ages 13+

What to watch out for * Messages: The movie's key theme seems to be that if you want to try something exciting, go ahead and try it -- without too much concern for consequences (even when death and killing is involved). And as June starts hearing different stories from different characters, she must learn to follow her heart and trust the right person. * Role models: Though June eventually finds her footing and her strength, she's very passive for large portions of the story. Roy shoots and kills several bad guys over the course of the movie with no consequences or remorse -- but he's clearly meant to be a good guy who has the best intentions and a positive outlook. * Violence: The movie is filled with action violence (much of it played for humor) -- including guns, hand-to-hand combat, and lots of other fighting -- but has little gore or blood. The body count is fairly high, but the impact/consequence of that fact is contrasted by the film's overall light tone. The hero is shot, and viewers see his bloody (but minor) wound. There are also drug-tipped needle darts, several explosions, car chases, motorcycle chases, and bull chases. Sex: The two main characters are clearly attracted to each other, and there's plenty of flirting and a few major kissing scenes. In an early scene, June preps herself in the bathroom, hoping for some kind of connection with Roy when she emerges. In another scene, the couple rolls around on the beach. In a late scene, June (while under the influence of a truth drug) says, "I'd like to have sex with you. I bet we'd have great sex." Roy changes June into a bikini while she's drugged, which angers her (even though he says he didn't look). Language: Language includes a few uses of "s--t," one "f--k," and terms like "h--l" and "oh my God." * Consumerism: A Bud Light ad is visible on the side of a building for a few seconds. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: During a tense plane ride in the first section of the movie, June drinks a lot of tequila to calm her nerves; the scene is played for comic effect. Roy also takes a drink. The agents are also always slipping various drugs to each other; June gets a "knockout" drug twice and a truth serum once.
Parent Written byJessie379 December 13, 2010

Fun, entertaining, but more mature than I would like for my kids

I watched this movie with my children, ages 16 years, 13 years, and 10 months. Not something I would usually watch with my kids, but the pickings are slim these days. I did not like the scene on the train where the guys pulled the bloody knife very slowly from his torso. I think the movie would have been just as good without the F-word, and the lines about sex. It was a fun, entertaining movie, just a little more mature than I had hoped, since I was watching it with my kids.
Parent Written byDotComMom July 12, 2010

Must see for mom and dad

We loved this movie so much we have already seen it twice to catch all the action that we missed the first time. It is a great movie! My husband loved it so much that he said, "it is the best movie I have seen in 10 years".
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski November 27, 2012

No review here

No review here
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2012

Tommy good

Proper Tom film, really good, quite funny, and lots of action there are scenes where characters are shot in head and blood but nothing major also lots of uses of sh** and one of fu**.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez December 29, 2010
Knight and Day is a great movie filled with a lot of action which your older teens will want to see this movie but parents this movie has a lot of intense violence some strong language used and some drinking and some drug used like in one scene June drinks a lot of tequila to calm her nerves and in another scene June gets a knockout drug twice and a truth serum once.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMktheReviewer August 5, 2010

The movie stays by its PG-13 rating.

This is a really FUNNY , action packed movie! There is a lot of action violence but nothing too serious. There is an attempted stab w/ a knife assasination but very little blood is shown. I thought the sex in this movie was OK for a PG-13 movie. There is a scene where Roy, the spy, says t "I 've ben trained to dismantle a bomb in the dark, you dont think I can dress you without....looking. Im not saying that's what I did though". And then in another scene, June, the woman, says "I think we'd have really good sex. But really I think it's age appropriate for the PG-13 rating. GOOD, FUNNY MOVIE!
Adult Written byAio July 8, 2010

Fun movie for summer

ok for 12 and older though my 10y.o. watched it with no problem, i think it's fun for a summer movie trip, it's an easy, light, good summer flick, there are some fighting scenes but it's not violent movie.
Adult Written byodatwendy July 1, 2010
Common Sense did a great description above of the movie. The audience laughed a lot and once you understand the movie's humor, you can laugh at the impossibilities of this shoot-em-up movie. I agree there were a couple unnecessary expletives. Cruise definitely plays the macho man.
Parent of a 17 and 18+ year old Written byclarkei June 30, 2010
Generally good fun with a touch of tension and lots of adventure, and a couple of unnecessary expletives. Cruise and Diaz work very well together but comic portrayal seems to be one of Cruise's real fortes.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byMoviesinNewport June 24, 2010

perfect for older kids

It is corny. Some scenes are unblievable. They push the envelope on what is real and not real. A little comedy and alot of chemistry between Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.
Adult Written bybvansoelen June 24, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Definitely lots of action...fights, car wrecks, and the like. Great stunts! I can't remember any particularly objectionable language.
Adult Written bywallyk2334 June 23, 2010

One of best movies this year for adults and teenagers

Definitely not for your younger kids but excellent for adults and most teenagers. This is probably the best movie I have seen in a while (except for toy story 3). If your kids have seen Indiana Jones then they should be able to handle this movie.
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2014

Action/romance flick has a little bit for everyone.

This movie was a surprisingly entertaining film. The violence is extensive. It includes multiple prolonged gun battles and explosions. Despite the high body count, there is no blood or gore. The movie is very cartoonish, and therefore suitable for younger audiences. There is some sexual tension between characters. As well as some innuendos that don't waste any screen time or would provide a reason to skip scenes. This movie has a little bit for everyone, from its awesome action sequences to its romance, to its comes y. This has to be Tom Cruise's best work since "Mission Impossible" or "Minority Report." Overall, this is an awesome film, that can be enjoyed by the whole family!
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2014

Perfectly Fine

I saw this film at the age of eight and I loved it! I think it has an awesome theme, and it is on for everyone 8+
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmpfire October 17, 2012

Awesome

VIOLENCE: Very intense and sometimes may just bairly go over the PG-13 level. Violence can be funny although it's still intense. SEX: Some comments and mild sexual possibilties
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancegirl3697 February 4, 2012

AWESOME!!!!!

Looooove this movie!!!!! Its great! The wonderful Tom Cruise and funny Cameron Diaz are in a crazy action filled adventure. There are some cuss words, and lots of action, and very funny! I. LOVE. IT.
Parent Written bySeattle Mom December 23, 2011

Fun, hilarious and silly, though violent in a ridiculous way

We took my 7 yr old son to this while an vacation and just saw it again on tv at age 8. It is hilarious and ridiculous. Not a fan of the "I want to have sex with you line" but this type of thing seems to go over my son's head and if anything may spark a conversation eventually about what this means. My son clearly understands that the violence is ridiculous and it's comic, not graphic. No regrets about letting him see it though I realize it's not for every family, nor is it routine viewing in our home. Won't scar my kid and I am pretty careful about what he typically views. Less sexual than Chuck by far.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymylibrarycardworeout August 10, 2011

Lots of Laughing!

This is a great movie for a family with older kids. It is funny and it keeps you laughing. Yes people get killed but there is no blood. What do you expect in a spy movie? Someone of course has to get killed. This is a must watch.
Adult Written bybdh July 23, 2011