All member reviews for Knocked Up

Raunchy but tender comedy about sex and parenthood.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 August 2, 2009
sexually graphic
Teen, 17 years old Written bywhitesoxbuff March 10, 2010
Funny and gives a lesson.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLovett May 16, 2009

Raunchy movie with heart of gold.

This movie is very good and very funny.Despite The raunchy sexual content the story actually has heart and is really sweet when it comes down to it.It should be fine for any teen older than 15.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byoneshotkill27 May 9, 2009
Adult Written bydfk1010 April 9, 2008

great

this is a great movie. theres tons of sex sences and drug use. but it teaches a good lesson to teens. there is a lot of strong languge bit i do not think that is a problum but over all it's great
Adult Written bykattlyn April 9, 2008
Educator and Parent of a 7, 9, and 14 year old Written bymarietrowbridge July 8, 2009
it was an ok movie. wouldnt watch it again
Adult Written bytannerpittman April 9, 2008

Lowers the bar for vulgar shock-humor

I went to see this movie after having heard a review on NPR. But I would have passed had the reviewer made clear how in-your-face vulgar it is. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind movies in which characters curse to a realistic degree, and I'm not particularly prudish about sex scenes. But this movie was just so beyond the pale. My wife and I went with friends, which was pretty much the only thing preventing us from walking out twenty minutes into the thing. Every character over 12 in this film says f**k at least twice every sentence. That's perhaps a mild exaggeration - but only just. I don't particularly find it offensive to view drug use, but for what it's worth the main character is high on something roughly 50% of the time. There are fewer scenes without graphic depictions of sex acts than with. And then . . . there's the crowning child's head in the final birth scene. It’s still haunting my dreams. The sad thing about all this is that a great deal of the humor was funny in its own right, and ultimately the movie had merit as a film. But I for one (and I stress again that I am not a particularly sensitive viewer) just could not wade through the minute-by-minute shock-value vulgarity to appreciate these aspects of the movie. This movie is another piece in the ever-growing body of evidence that Hollywood has utterly lost touch with 99% of the country’s standards for decency.
Adult Written byamy125 April 9, 2008

Very funny

This was a great movie but definetly not for kids. The subject matter is not appropriate.
Adult Written byjoedesoto April 9, 2008

Ashamed I sat through it!

Adult Written byjlo4685 April 9, 2008

Not What I Expected

I went into this film expecting to see the obligatory sex scene that would enable this particular pregnancy story. What I found was one raunchy nasty movie that made me very uncomfortable (at the age of 22!) with my friends sitting right beside me. I would say, if you have to watch this move... don't.
Adult Written by2cute4u07 April 9, 2008

hilarious

I thought Knocked Up was a very interesting movie. It portrayed what happens when you have unprotected sex and the consequences. I imaginge many of the viewers were 17 and up. It taught a valuable lesson to the 17 year olds, even to the adults as well. You shouldn't have sex unless you are married or in a strong relationship. It is unwise to go party and then engage in sexual activity. You might end up pregnant, like in this movie, however it did show that they kept the baby and got to know eachother to make it work. Which is what every couple should do.
Kid, 12 years old October 23, 2012

Good movie

This is a good movie, it is between a chick flick and a comedy in my opinion.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 June 23, 2012

Very funny movie with a story

This is a very funny, enjoyable movie, that does send a message. The drug use and language is pretty strong, and the sexual content is fairly graphic. Know your kid, but this should be fine for teens
Teen, 13 years old Written bybdunn98 August 9, 2009

Bad for kids but good movie

it's ok there is sex though if you think your kid is mature enough i say ages 10 and up.
Adult Written bysandymags April 9, 2008

Worst movie ever

Paid for this on pay per view to watch with my teenage daughters...thought it would be a good "meg ryan" type romantic commedy. had to turn it off after 30 minutes...should have turned it off after first five...so vulgar, untinteligant and filthy...come on? Katherine heigl should be ashamed of making such a movie. We deserve better.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 28, 2013

Profane, and crude, but also very funny.

This movie is funny, it makes me laugh super hard. However this heartfelt dramadey is very profane, and has explicit sexual/drug content. Characters smoke weed, swear frequently, and make constant explicit sex jokes. But its a sweet movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjm97 December 16, 2012

Great movie!

This is a hilarious movie! Definitely not for a younger crowd, since the whole thing is about getting pregnant. If your over 14, you'll enjoy this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjb223 March 13, 2012

Funny But Not For Kids

Funny movie but has a lot of sexual innuendo and a few sex scenes.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2012

Knocked up is very very raunchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie is gross,funny and raunchy because they have so many jokes about pink eye and other sicknesses, It has so many cuss words in it. Seth Rogen is funny in it and Jason segal also but the movie get serious when it get to the end and I just saw the unrated verson on DVD so I cant review the theatrical verson. 60% of this movie is not for kids and 40% of the movie is for kids.