All member reviews for Labyrinth

Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 25, 2011

One of My Favoirte Films!

David Bowie's songs and Jim Henson's puppetry make this film a sure winner. Characters like Hoggle, Ludo, and Sir Didymus will delight young children and should get some chuckles out of adults.Sarah learns the errors of her ways, and Jareth is a sympathetic villian that can love someone. Goblin City violence is very mild.
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2011

iffy for ages 5-7

Some very mild language and violonce that kids under 8 should not see. They use muppets throught the show which got kind of creepy.
Kid, 9 years old December 1, 2012

Just okay.

I literally saw this movie on netflix 30 seconds ago. It was just okay, The goblins where somewhat scary for kids under 10.
Kid, 8 years old January 9, 2011

Wonderful and funny

I think this movie is a bit funny because when the fierys try to take Sara's head off and when the goblins are fighting because Ludo calls the rocks and the goblins get squashed. It is also funny at the beggining of the movie when Sarah goes into the labyrinth because she sees Hoggle weeing in a pond.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Scary goblins!

I think the movie may be appropriate for kids, but the goblins are really scary. They made my brother cry and gave me nightmares.
Kid, 7 years old June 26, 2015

Labyrinth

its weird but good at the same time.there were some scary ports though to. but the rest of it was purrritty funny! whats with that cumputerized owl!? wach it! wach it! wach it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysmudge1017 June 6, 2015

Decent

This movie is strang and may scare some small children. Though nothing is gory and bloody the concepts in this film are very puzzling and semi scary.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisumi April 4, 2015

great family film with mild scariness

This is a lovely fantasy film worthy of watching. David Bowie plays the goblin king and I am a huge fan of him. There are some tense scenes that can scare young kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJocastaTheWeird March 22, 2015

Hecka weird

I don't even know. David Bowie is just a really creepy-looking person, especially with that make-up. D:
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 January 20, 2015

the best non Disney kid's movie I've seen since the secret of nimh.

I just got finished watching this on Netflix what seems like seconds ago and it just blew me away. I'm also a big David bowie fan from ziggy stardust to the thin white duke to his 8Os pop days. There are really only two parts in this film that I thought would scare little kid's and these scenes are the part where Sarah finds out that toby has been taken and the part where she falls down a pit that has talking hands that make faces. I was surprised at how much language was in it as well. The d word is said five times and h* ll is said a couple times in the lyrics to the song underground. All in all this movie was just absolutely incredible and 7 and up can see it if they don't get scared easily and know not to say bad words. Hoggle was also my favorite character in the film. I liked how he was always helping Sarah at the end of the day. This movie also made me feel like a kid again.
Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2014

Good !

I think it's appropriate for all ages ! It's a really good movie with a really good message and characters ! My favorite is Ludo because he is so cute and nice and since I saw him I liked him then when she said she wished he is what he seems I thought he would be mean and I hated him for that 1 second but then I got my hopes back on he is an amazing character I adore ! Sarah and Toby show amazing sibling appreciation. Some scenes might be scary for ages 5 and down but other its ok (iffy for 6 yo) anyways as my rating says on for 7 & up 4 star good ! It's not a ''have to go watch'' movie but It's good to waste/spend time with and family wise ! (Sorry for being too long I love this movie)
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe movie dude May 17, 2014

great family fun

Fantastic , for everyone
Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamy-Pheonix April 24, 2014

A classic kids movie!

Even as a 17 year old, this is my favourite film of all time! Jim Henson's wild imagination is a treat for both young and old, sharing the meaning of friendship and family in this light-hearted 80's fantasy. With Bowie's singing and the puppets of the Henson Creature Shop, this Labyrinth will enchant the whole family and is too good to be missed!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDeanWinchester September 10, 2013

Labyrinth movie review!!! :)

I love the movie with my whole heart. (I just love David Bowie!!!) And he kidnapped a baby boy to make into a goblin, because the older sister chanted some weird spell. So she has to find the baby to get him safe again, I really liked all the drama and mystery. Honestly I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time. I really loved all the actors, and the songs, dancing. Yes it may be a little inappropriate because the character played by David is like in love with 15 year old Sarah, and no matter what other reviews say he was NOT A PERV!!!!!! I can see how they could think that but really it's quite clear that Sarah is just like a daughter or something. Very good, I would so check it out!! :D
Teen, 16 years old Written bygilly_boy June 29, 2013

It's caught between master piece and a dud

It was, how to put this, some-what random at times, even though it's a musical, they just break into song at the most random times. I won't say it's for all children, I mean there is one part with decapitated heads that can still talk but it will be a little freaky for younger viewers. I do like it though, it's adorable in a sense.
Kid, 9 years old December 6, 2012

This movie was just okay

I saw this movie with high expectations on Netflix, And I was dissapointed. Language: h*ll and d*mn Sex: I got nothing Violence: no actual violence but it will be pretty scary for younger kids. I am actually going to say that this is not a movie for kids that are afraid of goblins or machines coming to life or anything of that sort.
Kid, 10 years old October 13, 2011

5 star

I think it is a wonderful movie with an extraordinary plot. It has a perfect balance of fright but would not be recommended for 2 and younger in fear that they may picture themselves as the baby. It is magnificent movie in all
Kid, 6 years old July 25, 2011

Stinky Bog not that scary

The only part I thought was kind of weird was that part where that stinky spot had such a scary name. But it wasn't really...it didn't have a scary death at all. It just had where you go into it, it just makes you stinky. That's it. Lucy, 6 years old.
Kid, 12 years old February 21, 2011

Love it !

This movie is very good, I love david bowie and frank oz the movie has really nothing bad in it. exept for some swearing, but that's it.
Kid, 11 years old January 30, 2011

GOOD

it's an old movie, so the monsters and stuff like that are obviously fake, but a three year old might be scared. two siblings are separated, though, so kids who have a fear of that might not want to watch it