All member reviews for Lady in the Water

Teen, 13 years old Written byWildAnatolian November 1, 2013

Lady in the Water

This is a very interesting and unique story that captivated me and my family very early in the film. While there is some very sad scenes and violence, it is nothing a twelve year old can't handle. There is some complex dialogue, the storyline is obvious enough that it's not too hard to follow. I personally loved this movie, with it's originality and creativity, it is a great choice for families with mature preteens.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 18, 2013

Silly and poorly made

Letter Grade: F “Lady in the water has some great actors in it; but the movie ultimately is silly, slow paced, uninteresting, poorly directing and the twist at the end isn’t good either”. -I didn't like it at all.:(
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 11, 2011

Underrated thriler with little intense violence.

Violence- 5.5/10 Overall Quality- 9/10
Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2011

not bad considering the director

Very excitig and quite good thre are some awsome specail effects and good chraters.a bit volient but good
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2009

Good not for the faint of heart though

A fine movie if your not easily scared
Teen, 13 years old Written byShesaFate May 13, 2009

It's not as bad as you think, really

I saw this when I was 10, and wasn't scared at all. One of my favorite movies. Most kids 10 and over can watch it, some kids younger, it just depends on how they react to this kind of thing. Oh and we can't know for sure whether that one guy was killed or not, because there is no sure answer in the movie. Great movie.

A timeless fairytale comes to life...

M.Night Shyamalan's film, Lady in the Water, in an interesting plot and enjoyable characters, told of a lost sea nymph and how simple everyday neighbors became involved in something more, something told only in a fairytale.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfilmfan232 April 9, 2008

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

cool!!

M night shmalon is a master storyteller!!! still,movie shoud've been rated R!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

This is another great movie from my good man Shyamalan

OK, I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the movie, and it seems like the biggest one is that either people think the plot is silly, or that they can't buy into it. I think the reason this problem arose is because most people don't realize that this movie is supposed to be more of a modern-day fairy tale than a suspense movie. Actually, Shyamalan based this movie on a bed-time story that he told his kids and recently published into a kids book. So if you go looking for suspense, then of course you aren't going to like the movie. Personally, I loved the movie and am going to buy it when it comes out to put with the rest of his films. But just in case my theory is wrong, I feel that I should inform you that I am probably one of Shyamalan's biggest fans. And not just the kind that like "Sixth Sense" and all-- I'm probably one of the only teen fans that know he actually came out with two movies before "Sense"-- "Praying With Anger" in 1992, which was an American-Indian coming of age story, and "Wide Awake", which was about a ten year old looking for prrof of GOD's existence. Both of those I liked, especially "Awake". And the fact that I also loved "Unbreakable"-- well this gives you an idea if you were wondering why I gave the movie 5 stars. Content-wise, there really isn't anything to be worried about other than some very mild profanity and some mild violence involving the scrunt. So please, go see this in the mood for a good fantasy story, rather than a suspense movie. If you want suspense, go watch "The Ring", because none of Shyamalan's movies are remotely scary, but they are quite excellent films.

I'm not so sure...

My friends tell me to go see this movie, and I'm not sure. One boy tells me that, after he saw the movie, he had dreams that he saw the lady just standing there, staring. I don't like nightmares, and I try to avoid them at all costs. I don't want to see this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008

Mediocre at best.

This is one of M. Night's WORST movies. I went to this with my BF, and from watching his other films, we both expected a good suspense film. Not so. There's just a lot of silly fantasy role playing (as I considered it), arguing amongst characters, and an exhausting plot that fails to please in the end. I found it to be cheesy, and the "narf" looks remarkably like a female version of Frodo. Pass this movie up, it's just 2+ hours of boredom.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFamily Guy Rocks April 9, 2008

Must see Shamalan Movie

Ewe inspiring movie 5 stars way up. One thing to think about during the movie is shamalan has twists to ever movie and this one was hard at first to understand it was all about making the world a better place. Defintly worth seeing and also a few funny momments that lighten the movie up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

M. night Shamolon needs to do better then this!

I was expecting a good movie since I am a big fan of M. Night Samolon. I was greatly dissapointed with this.

what kind of movie is this?

ok, I had to see this 2 times to understand this movie, and I thought this was going to be a horror movie, but it wasn't, it was a little kids story turned into a crappy movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

M. Night at his worst...so far

This is easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I watched it in theaters with a friend and half the time you could clearly see a microphone. I refuse to see another M. Night movie in theaters (I also saw 'The Village' in theaters) because they're so bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Meh....

Lady in the Water certainly wasn't an awful film, but I think it is the worst of M. Night's movies so far. The plot is incredibly silly and laughable, and M. Night really seems to be getting rather arrogant, he cast himself in a semi-large role as the 'future savior of the world.' But, even though this is a ridiculous movie, it also is mildly entertaining. It has some good performances and a couple of suspenseful moments that make it worthwhile. As far as content goes, this is pretty mild for a PG-13. One or two scary jump scenes, some brief mild violence, and suspense, but besides that it probably isn't too intense for some older kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

cought my attention

Lady in the Water was very exciting and you will love the twisted ending. I recomend this movie to you ir you are 10+ because it gets a little confusing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisscompetitive April 9, 2008

love it

i love this movie i thought that people over 5 can watch it there are some scary parts but those pass over quick.....my family loves this mpovie and they hope you will too>>>> i would not consider this movie a family film but i mean you should still see it because it is great.this movie you have to really think about what is happening like to find out who van stop the grass monster. i think after you see this movie once you should see it again because every time you watch it you will find something new and i think that is great>>>>>
Teen, 13 years old Written bydklink April 9, 2008

great. but not shyamalan's best.

this had a really good story. it was one of those movies you wont get unless you are somewhat smart. the violence in this movie was all fantasy realated, the sexual content was limited to Story's naked back in about ahlf the shots. id say that 11+ would enjoy.