All member reviews for Lady in the Water

More soggy than scary. Still, not for youngsters.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFamily Guy Rocks April 9, 2008

Must see Shamalan Movie

Ewe inspiring movie 5 stars way up. One thing to think about during the movie is shamalan has twists to ever movie and this one was hard at first to understand it was all about making the world a better place. Defintly worth seeing and also a few funny momments that lighten the movie up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

M. night Shamolon needs to do better then this!

I was expecting a good movie since I am a big fan of M. Night Samolon. I was greatly dissapointed with this.

what kind of movie is this?

ok, I had to see this 2 times to understand this movie, and I thought this was going to be a horror movie, but it wasn't, it was a little kids story turned into a crappy movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

M. Night at his worst...so far

This is easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I watched it in theaters with a friend and half the time you could clearly see a microphone. I refuse to see another M. Night movie in theaters (I also saw 'The Village' in theaters) because they're so bad.
Adult Written byLianny92 April 9, 2008

O.K

It was pretty good...I really liked it...I think a lot of people my age would like it..
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Meh....

Lady in the Water certainly wasn't an awful film, but I think it is the worst of M. Night's movies so far. The plot is incredibly silly and laughable, and M. Night really seems to be getting rather arrogant, he cast himself in a semi-large role as the 'future savior of the world.' But, even though this is a ridiculous movie, it also is mildly entertaining. It has some good performances and a couple of suspenseful moments that make it worthwhile. As far as content goes, this is pretty mild for a PG-13. One or two scary jump scenes, some brief mild violence, and suspense, but besides that it probably isn't too intense for some older kids.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

underrated, as true beauty always is

an excellent movie, more for its amazing message of hope and change then anything else but also great in other domains. im not surprised at the public failure of this story because most folks just didnt get it...if you are able to go in seeking a quick thrill and come out feeling like youve strangely received something more than that congratulations, but most of us can only see, feel what we tell ourselves to. we fear someone who might dare to claim to have an answer, or at least a dream so we disregard it. i do not see this as a movie, this is a message which we are truly blessed to have received (at least for the few of us who did). shymalan has always been good, but only since signs and now especially the village and this one have we been given hints of his true nature as a writer, who knows and perhaps as a prophet....i know,i know what a geek doesnt he know that theyre all dead and gone, but i dont beleive in those two words, so save yourselves the bother. this movie is definantly beyond children, its a gift of hope to us, and i beleive to truly get it you must be able to apreciate the exremely deep and powerful message that it carries. mister shymalan, if your out there, dont listen to the sheep...you have a gift and although i dont think that it is of you, i truly admire you for having the courage to stick with it...keep up the good work, because if i go back to another sixth sense quick thrill after a taste of this i mihgt get sick....good luck
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

cought my attention

Lady in the Water was very exciting and you will love the twisted ending. I recomend this movie to you ir you are 10+ because it gets a little confusing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisscompetitive April 9, 2008

love it

i love this movie i thought that people over 5 can watch it there are some scary parts but those pass over quick.....my family loves this mpovie and they hope you will too>>>> i would not consider this movie a family film but i mean you should still see it because it is great.this movie you have to really think about what is happening like to find out who van stop the grass monster. i think after you see this movie once you should see it again because every time you watch it you will find something new and i think that is great>>>>>
Teen, 13 years old Written bydklink April 9, 2008

great. but not shyamalan's best.

this had a really good story. it was one of those movies you wont get unless you are somewhat smart. the violence in this movie was all fantasy realated, the sexual content was limited to Story's naked back in about ahlf the shots. id say that 11+ would enjoy.
Adult Written byGuardianAngel19 April 9, 2008

LOOK!

I think movie is very good.I heard this is very scary .Made be time when i save up i gonna get it.I have been wanting get movie for long!:)5 stars
Teen, 15 years old Written bywillbarchi April 9, 2008

Very rushed, but nonetheless thrilling.

I must admit, I'm not a particular fan of M. Night's work, but I thought this particular film was actually worth writing review on. The actual movie itself felt generally very rushed, as there was alot of information being given to the viewer at once. We are dealing with a fairly complex bedtime story ontop of the main plot, so it often feels like general concepts of the original story haven't been explained in entirity. This is, in my opinion, the movie's main downfall. It's biggest asset is it's clever, intricate plot, but it's main problem is the noticably strained effort to include all of the plot into the film. This results in its terribly abrupt ending... Unsuitable content-wise, the movie was surprisingly clean; without overt sexual references but with some scary tension and jump-out surprises, as one has come to expect with M. Night's previous work. Overall, I believe the film would've made a much better mini-series. This would've allowed the plot and characters to be built up properly. I must give some credit to M. Night for including the clever humour involving the death of the critic character. It definatly gave the film an edge that said 'hey hey hey... I haven't turned into a family flick'! Anyway, jokes aside, this was an entertaining film that is well worth an evening's view. Thanks for reaaading<3 -will barchi (14 years)
Adult Written bySpud April 9, 2008

Great film

It’s listed as a thriller, but it’s more of a fantasy movie. There isn’t much language (I can only recall 3 times when someone cussed), and any violence is limited to a few scrape marks on a character’s feet. The plot and concept of the movie is very clever, and the music score is beautiful. This movie’s content is pretty mild and could have easily been rated PG.
Teen, 13 years old Written byomgitsjillz April 9, 2008

I Loved This Movie

It was on HBO and my mom turned it on. I thought that I wasnt going to like it-I thought it was going to be scary, but it really wasnt. It was a little confusing at parts, but I couldnt change the channel. I reccommend that kids under the age of 8-9 shouldnt watch this. Its a little violent at parts, but it happens so fast. At some of the parts, I jumped, but it was just because the part happened so fast, I wasnt expecting it. I would definatly watch this movie again.
Adult Written byjconway April 9, 2008

More of a Quiet mystery rather than action

Nice blend of human interest and science fiction. Liked the suspense, occasionally scary, and so refreshing not to have action scene after action scene ad boredom. Interesting characters. Only problem, no one could hold his breath that long under water.
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

Decent

Befor seeing this movie i heard a whole lot of criticism about it like it was a huge letdown compared to Shyamalans others and it was corny and pointless....but i thought different it made you think it was interesting and there was no language or sex which is always a plus. I think they did a good job of making a fairy tail story into a real life movie and there were some parts that made you cheer and laugh and a little scared...anyone over 9 can see this should be PG