Violent vengeance thriller has lots of bloody brutality.

Adult Written byxomakeupxo October 26, 2009

good movie for adults

It was a good movie for adults not for children. I thought it had an interesting plot. If you like action this would be a good one to see. There was a lot of violence, language, and one scene had a women laying in bed wearing a thong. The message was kind of good kind of bad it could go anyway depending on how you look at it.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez May 9, 2010

not for kids.

law abiding citizen is a thriller movie only for adults and parents you need to know that law abiding citizen is in extremely violent and bloody movie Clyde Shelton sends Nick Rice a tape for his daughter to watch and it shows how Clyde tortures his killer by cutting his arms, legs, head, torso, and organs which can be very disturbing to watch they also show Clyde daughter being raped by his killer also there is partial nudity and a fat girl showing her thong characters used a lot of strong language throughout the movie and characters drink beer, wine, and liquor and smoke Cocaine.
Adult Written byDJLazz November 12, 2009

Common sense says...

This movie is what it is said to be in the trailer, "A RATED 'R' VENGEANCE MOVIE WITH LOTS OF EXPLOSIONS AND KILLING". Why does everyone STILL feel the need to write about how it's not appropriate for children? It's rated 'R'! Take it for what it is.
Adult Written byclarence August 7, 2015
Adult Written by4Spice June 15, 2010

good movie

good action movie worth buying not kids too much violence 17 and over strong language too i loved the movie
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byChanc April 29, 2010

Good for 18+ out of the house young adults and older.

Parent of a 2 year old Written bymzpooh May 3, 2010
i think that movie is so good because jamie foxx did his best on the job try 2 give the man wat he want it and it crazy how the man was in jail and killing them people
Parent Written byPlague December 1, 2009

Law Abiding Citizen

I saw this about a month ago and I have always been impressed by Gerald Butler's acting. Pumped full of action with a few twists and turns here and there. One of the greatest flicks i've seen so far in 2009.
Parent Written byZhash November 10, 2012

Decent

Rated R for strong bloody brutal violence and torture, a scene of rape, and pervasive language.
Adult Written byREDSOX101 February 28, 2010

Butler Wins

Gerard Butler is professor tough guy! He did a fabulous job in this film. Jamie Foxx was a little off, but he did fine. The idea to this film was great, but they screwed up the end. Won't give away anything but they screwed up. I reccommend this movie to any action movie lover.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 20, 2012

I would've liked more action since this is a revenge flick

it wasn't as good as I thought it would be, I would've liked more action since it is a revenge flick because I like revenge flicks with nonstop action in them, but what action was there was fun to watch, and also, I really liked Gerard butler's performance in this movie, he was menacing and clever
Adult Written byTy3401 November 14, 2009

It was okay

I gave this movie four stars but it probably only deserves 3 and a half. I felt like it was missing something at the end. I felt like the attorney didn't learn his lesson and that it ended in an unpleasing way to the audience. I liked it no doubt, but it could have been better. It had a lot of vigilante violence, so be prepared if you go to see it.
Educator and Parent Written byRedburn February 29, 2012

Good/violent

Very interesting, but violent
Teen, 13 years old Written by-SquarEyes- February 1, 2014

Law Abiding Citizen

I just turned thirteen a couple of weeks ago and think this movie was perfectly suitable for someone my age maybe even a little younger than me. I watch a lot of movies similar to this one and am used to the violence and language though so make sure you're mature enough! The only part I would be careful about is the torture scene about half an hour into the movie, it made me cringe a little but it was fine. I really enjoyed this movie and loved the ending scene... if you think it looks right, watch it!!! 3/4 stars
Teen, 15 years old Written byslasher23 November 3, 2011

Brutal

violent
Teen, 15 years old Written bydreamer16 October 16, 2010
I personally enjoyed it, although i looked away in the beginning out of spite. The story is good if like psychological thrillers and Gerard Butler. There is some nudity and cussing, but nothing very OMG-ish. Yes, there is a lot of violence so younger kids really should stay away. But it's a good movie and Gerard Butler did a great job.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009
Great movie with great acting!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCesch November 22, 2011

Great movie

This is an excellent movie that shows some of the corruption of the legal system. Contains intense graphic violence with blood and a scene of torture that was filmed and then shown to a little girl. Around 20+ uses of f**k, some s**t. The entire movie has an extremely intense feel to it. I loved it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChuck Valle July 7, 2012

Good but gory.

Law Abiding Citizen is a really good movie that shows, in a way, the concept of "justice" in society and how this affects the law. The totalitarian government creates a "perfect system" that has a lot of flaws. This movie takes a man to the limit where he is willing to do anything for justice (lots of torture and murder); nevertheless, the movie also has a more "hollywood style" message that ends the movie. In my opinion it is a very impressive movie, but with a good theme.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrototype79043 July 5, 2010

Violent but good

A lot of violence to begin the movie