Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Law Abiding Citizen

Violent vengeance thriller has lots of bloody brutality.

Adult Written bySanjogirl April 10, 2019

Very good movie

Did I not watch the same movie as some of the rest of you did? When does a woman sleeping on a mattress wearing her bra & underwear (a thong) classify as a sexual scene in a movie? Also, the scene where the man is chemically paralyzed & tortured... the ONLY thing shown is a circular saw nearing the man's leg. Not a drop of blood (from what we know is going to happen, but AGAIN do not see) is shown. In the beginning of the movie, it is assumed that the little girl gets raped- but, AGAIN, it is not shown. The reviews citing excessive blood & gore & violence are, in my opinion, a bit over the top. There is much more blood, gore, & violence in many of the games kids play today, their parents having bought them for the child(ren) without a clue as to their content.
Adult Written byKen R. May 16, 2018

Ugly and Ridiculous

This nasty movie is another rip-off of a long line of miserable, 'Death Wish type films. The same over-the-top violence (and each time they see how much more repugnant nastiness can be crammed into it). From an opening featuring a difficult to watch home invasion and brutal rape/murder - what follows, at times, looks as if it might be heading towards making a statement about a miscarriage of the justice system but, that's as close as it gets. From here, to the ridiculous finish all we are given is totally farfetched foolishness that defies all logic and insults the viewer's intelligence. We have the sole survivor of his family's murder unbelievably manipulating the prison system so he can metre out impossible revenge on all who took part on both sides of the law. If that sounds good to you and you are willing to let all semblance of intelligence plunge you into a mental void then you might last to the moronic finale. The audience manipulation begins with the main criminal being written as nastier than the nastiest - just so you will feel good about their hideous death and continues through to those who carry the law to their graves via impossible executions etc. That this slickly produced and acted movie made any money at all is testimony to just how easy it is to fool way too many members of the public. Empire reviewer; Angie Errigo sums it up perfectly. Others simply rave on about this nonsense rather foolishly. Not for kids (or some adults for that matter either), you can put far better thoughts into your head than this. KenR

Adult Written byErrica L. October 21, 2017

A Must See Movie for The Law Abiding and especially Law Making Citizen

Although this Gerald Butler and Jamie Foxx thriller about the rotten justice system has full of morbid and gruesome scenes, mouthful of foul languages and some nudity and drug and alcohol related scenes, this movie is actually an eye opener for the viewers to reflect on the real time justice system that we have. The grief-stricken father and husband of his daughter and wife who were brutally killed by some thugs really wants vengeance but what he longs for the most is for the justice system to be cleaned up from corrupt administrators. Anyhow, as parents and as a law abiding citizen we should instill to our children's minds that the end does not justify the means. Although Gerald Butler's character is obsessed by changing the system, he used illegal means that is killing innocent people and causing terror to the whole state even if he actually changed the viewpoint of Jamie Foxx's character Nick who later on got the District Attorney's post.

Adult Written byclarence August 7, 2015

Adult Written byZhash November 10, 2012

Decent

Rated R for strong bloody brutal violence and torture, a scene of rape, and pervasive language.

Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 20, 2012

I would've liked more action since this is a revenge flick

it wasn't as good as I thought it would be, I would've liked more action since it is a revenge flick because I like revenge flicks with nonstop action in them, but what action was there was fun to watch, and also, I really liked Gerard butler's performance in this movie, he was menacing and clever
Adult Written byRedburn February 29, 2012

Good/violent

Very interesting, but violent

Adult Written by4Spice June 15, 2010

good movie

good action movie worth buying not kids too much violence 17 and over strong language too i loved the movie

Adult Written byjoshua martinez May 9, 2010

not for kids.

law abiding citizen is a thriller movie only for adults and parents you need to know that law abiding citizen is in extremely violent and bloody movie Clyde Shelton sends Nick Rice a tape for his daughter to watch and it shows how Clyde tortures his killer by cutting his arms, legs, head, torso, and organs which can be very disturbing to watch they also show Clyde daughter being raped by his killer also there is partial nudity and a fat girl showing her thong characters used a lot of strong language throughout the movie and characters drink beer, wine, and liquor and smoke Cocaine.

Parent of a 2 year old Written bymzpooh May 3, 2010
i think that movie is so good because jamie foxx did his best on the job try 2 give the man wat he want it and it crazy how the man was in jail and killing them people
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byChanc April 29, 2010

Good for 18+ out of the house young adults and older.

Adult Written byREDSOX101 February 28, 2010

Butler Wins

Gerard Butler is professor tough guy! He did a fabulous job in this film. Jamie Foxx was a little off, but he did fine. The idea to this film was great, but they screwed up the end. Won't give away anything but they screwed up. I reccommend this movie to any action movie lover.

Parent Written byPlague December 1, 2009

Law Abiding Citizen

I saw this about a month ago and I have always been impressed by Gerald Butler's acting. Pumped full of action with a few twists and turns here and there. One of the greatest flicks i've seen so far in 2009.
Adult Written byTy3401 November 14, 2009

It was okay

I gave this movie four stars but it probably only deserves 3 and a half. I felt like it was missing something at the end. I felt like the attorney didn't learn his lesson and that it ended in an unpleasing way to the audience. I liked it no doubt, but it could have been better. It had a lot of vigilante violence, so be prepared if you go to see it.

Adult Written byDJLazz November 12, 2009

Common sense says...

This movie is what it is said to be in the trailer, "A RATED 'R' VENGEANCE MOVIE WITH LOTS OF EXPLOSIONS AND KILLING". Why does everyone STILL feel the need to write about how it's not appropriate for children? It's rated 'R'! Take it for what it is.

Adult Written byxomakeupxo October 26, 2009

good movie for adults

It was a good movie for adults not for children. I thought it had an interesting plot. If you like action this would be a good one to see. There was a lot of violence, language, and one scene had a women laying in bed wearing a thong. The message was kind of good kind of bad it could go anyway depending on how you look at it.