All member reviews for Lawrence of Arabia

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

A little long, but still a good movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 9, 2012

Truly one of cinema's grandest pictures

The fact that this is a legendary movie doesn't make it that much easier to get through (four hours is too long to sit in for anything) but it does make it better to appreciate its stature. I had the good fortune to catch a screening of it in theaters, and this really is the only way to view it. The majestic desert scenes beg to be seen on the big screen, and O'Toole and his piercing eyes are even better viewed in a dark theater. I'd advise kids to wait til they're older to watch it. They may not still get all the war references, but they'll understand the film's literal awesomeness better than a pre-teen would.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmFanJ June 9, 2012

Lawrence of Arabia Review

Teen, 15 years old Written byAdam K May 28, 2012

The Greatest Film Ever Made

Simple as. We all have our personal favourites, but this is mine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byedshu33 September 11, 2011

One of the Best Films Ever Made

The moral depth of the story is exceptional, especially for 1962. The film is well-directed, the dialogue is powerful and meaningful, and the storyline progresses in a way which is exciting, but also give the viewer time to comprehend what occurs. Of course there's violence, given that it's a war movie, but it's nothing compared with certain movies which are aimed specifically at children that are emerging from the depths of low culture today [two words: Transformers Three]. And by no means is the violence gratuitous- it is only present when it serves a fundamental purpose to the sotryline. There is one somewhat disturbing scene where a young adolescent dies in quicksand, but it's only a couple seconds long. While Lawrence displays certain questionable traits such as sadomasochism, he is ashamed of this and works hard to improve himself, thus I think he is an appropriate role model, as well as a genius. There is some smoking, but Lawrence never smokes in the movie because T.E. Lawrence saw drinking and smoking as bad for his health.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 14, 2011

Lawrence of Arabia is a David Lean masterpiece.

Lawrence of Arabia was the film that put Peter O' Toole on the map. Directed by David Lean, one of the best directors of the 40's - 60's and brought to life by a 15 million dollar budget, Lawrence of Arabia is one of the finest epics ever made. A fine performance from O' Toole in his first leading role also helps. Note to parents: The film is a blockbuster Best Picture winner that most everybody should see, but the movie goes on for nearly 4 hours and requires patience, which only mature teens have.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares November 8, 2009

I don't think anyone will learn why this is so good. It just... IS.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

Appropriate for teens.

It is the most boring flick I have ever seen, but I must admit, it is a pretty good classic.

FIVE STAR!

I lovvvvvvved this movie! It's got war, it's got adventure. It's got comedy, it's got drama! It's a miscellaneous genre, but if you're like me, you'll love it!