All member reviews for Lean on Me

Inspirational movie about a controversial teacher.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRawRockKills March 3, 2010

there were disturbing images of violence but i luv the story!
Teen, 15 years old Written byfullofbdawg April 9, 2008

Great Movie

it is an amazing movie and i love the story plot
Adult Written byLowe's man April 17, 2015

Insight can be gained.

I wanted to watch this movie because I liked Morgan Freeman as Easy Reader on THE ELECTRIC COMPANY; therefore, I thought that I'd like him here too. He was even better as Principal Joe Clark. Clark's tactics were questionable and sometimes confusing, but his intentions were neither questionable nor confusing. His intentions were good. An excellent time for parents to show their teens the difference between tactics and intentions. Regardless of what one thinks of his tactics, violence at the school went down while test scores went up. Moreover, even when Clark received complaints from parents and got in trouble with the law, others, particularly the students, supported him. An excellent opportunity for parents that even the most controversial behavior is sometimes not without support.
Parent Written bymelgmendez November 9, 2014

Graphic violence in the first few minutes

The first few minutes show a teen girl being forcibly stripped by other girls in a HS bathroom and then running, screaming into a crowded hallway where she's groped in a crowd. Moments later a teacher who intervenes in a fight has his bloody head repeatedly smashed into the floor. This movie has it's strong points, but consider the explicit violence at the beginning when making your choice.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bycolten97 October 10, 2012

Morgan Freeman at his best

Morgan Freeman must be at his highest potential in this drama because he is excellent. He is excellent as Joe Clark, a principal at a high school who is trying to shape up his school and prepare them. He is wonderful as Joe Clark and he fills his character with so much heart that it is unbelieveable. He proved once again that he knows how to act and he should have won an oscar for his role. All of the actors and actresses are awesome in this. The direction and everything else is perfectly brought out. Overall this movie has minor bits but everything else is perfect.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJoe Blow November 20, 2011

Awesome movie!

Strong profanity. G-d-mn and b--ch are the strongest terms. Also, there is drug and sexual refrences. Me and my family have a DVD Player called Clearplay that takes out nudity, profanity, and other innapropriate scenes and words. It allows me and my family to enjoy movies more without the nudity and profanity and other things. I srtongly recommend it to those who hate profanity useage and other innapropriate terms and movies.
Kid, 10 years old January 29, 2011

Sometimes inappropriate but peaceful too.

Sniff. This is the most wonderful movie I've ever seen. Sniff. Sniff. Espeacially the song by Bill Withers. I wan't to cry.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldude1234 November 26, 2010

inspiring but edgy

This is an inspiring movie with great messagaes and it has a great cast. This a very suprising amount of languages and violence and drugs and alcohol so wait till there in their teens
Teen, 13 years old Written byam1408 August 18, 2010

A GOOD MOVIE BUT NOT FOR YOUNGER KIDS

TWO THUMPS UP
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 19, 2010

Gritty yet never a dull moment in it

Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors of all time; "Million Dollar Baby," "Invictus" and "Driving Miss Daisy" showcase his excellent talent, and the Academy must agree. He's been up for an Oscar 5 times and one once for "Baby." Why he wasn't nominated for "Lean on Me" blows my mind. He took control of the school and made sure everyone knew he was the head guy in charge (movie explains that.) Catch the TV-edited version.
Adult Written bydansham April 9, 2008